Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Poker Runs and Boating Events
Grand lake oklahoma boys!!!!! Lets start a shootout!!!! >

Grand lake oklahoma boys!!!!! Lets start a shootout!!!!

Notices

Grand lake oklahoma boys!!!!! Lets start a shootout!!!!

Old 12-02-2013, 09:38 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are being told that Eric frost is the guy who did a shootout up until 2005. I spoke with him today and he said insurance was the reason he stopped doing it. I want to speak with Jeremy from Uglys to see if he can help us put it past the GRDA. Find a reasonable insurance policy, and a final area to hold the event. What is the difference between a poker run and a fun run besides the card stops? Do you need insurance for a fun run? If we run into trouble with GRDA or insurance what's to say we can't just have a guy a mile away from a group of people sitting waitng to run toward a radar gun. These are some of the questions I have. Thanks again. I am getting a lot of people who really want to see this happen.
Old 12-02-2013, 10:13 PM
Registered

Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by motion 35 xp
.... What is the difference between a poker run and a fun run besides the card stops?
Liability

....Do you need insurance for a fun run?
No, but discuss with an attorney about how you promote

....If we run into trouble with GRDA or insurance what's to say we can't just have a guy a mile away from a group of people sitting waitng to run toward a radar gun.
See answers listed above.
Old 12-03-2013, 09:32 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Hello fellow hot boaters of grand lake and beyond! Day three of the shootout planning. I can't release all the developments that have come about but it is looking VERY good. Thanks to you I have been directed to all the right people I needed to talk to so far. It is because of you this is in the stages it is right now. I can say that it is looking like it will be in conjunction with a poker run and a shootout the same or next day. Please keep as much info coming my way of any ideas or things you would like to see happen for this AWESOME event. I will keep you posted on any new info that occurs during this critical process we all want to see happen. Happy holidays to all. P.S. I heard Santa was upgrading to twin turbos this year! Thanks again everyone.
Old 12-05-2013, 08:48 AM
Registered
Gold Member

Does anyone know of a good fiberglass guy in the area of grand lake? We have some work that needs to be done on the boat. Got some cracks in the bulkheads in the engine compartment that needs to be addressed. May have to pull the motors to get to some of them. I guess it's the problems you run into when you have have a light layup. Thanks again guys.
Old 12-05-2013, 02:29 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Well, I just got through meeting with Jeremy Mullen of Ugly johns. He is super excited about our idea of a shoot out in conjunction with his poker run. He is going to hash out the details with the insurance and the GRDA on e he has everything put together. If this all goes right there will be a big viewing of the boats on the trailers Thursday-Friday at hard rock Tulsa, poker run Saturday and shoot out Sunday. He needs our help rallying boats for the event. I told him that everyone has been showin their support on an event like this and we all want to see this happen to our Great Lake and surrounding businesses. I am so stoked this is coming together. Report back soon boy!
Old 12-05-2013, 02:50 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

An all CC Shootout should be a first !!
Old 12-05-2013, 02:58 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Well, I just got through meeting with Jeremy Mullen of Ugly johns. He is super excited about our idea of a shoot out in conjunction with his poker run. He is going to hash out the details with the insurance and the GRDA on e he has everything put together. If this all goes right there will be a big viewing of the boats on the trailers Thursday-Friday at hard rock Tulsa, poker run Saturday and shoot out Sunday. He needs our help rallying boats for the event. I told him that everyone has been showin their support on an event like this and we all want to see this happen to our Great Lake and surrounding businesses. I am so stoked this is coming together. Report back soon boy!
Another well organized shootout will likely draw alot of participants from out of the area - me included. Since it is likely to be done in conjunction with the poker run (another good idea), can you tell us when the poker run is usually held?
Old 12-05-2013, 04:15 PM
Registered
Gold Member

I'm assuming late July early August. I will find out for sure. Don't want to have one when loto or another lake is hold theirs. It happened to ugly johns last year and hardly no one showed up because loto decided to move theirs up a week and threw off ours down here. Will know exact dates in 10 days or so.
Old 12-06-2013, 08:02 AM
Registered
Gold Member

Well, I met with Jeremy from ugly johns yesterday and he is very excited about incorporating the shoot out with his poker run. Rally the boys and tell them it's all happening on grand lake this year.
Old 12-15-2013, 09:27 AM
Registered
Gold Member

Update on poker run / shootout status. Jeremy from ugly s should have met with and had an answer for us by Tuesday . After Tuesday I will report back to you to see if the insurance, GRDA , ect is going to let us throw this on our lake . Keep our fingers crossed fellas. Thanks again.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.