Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Poker Runs and Boating Events
Grand lake oklahoma boys!!!!! Lets start a shootout!!!! >

Grand lake oklahoma boys!!!!! Lets start a shootout!!!!

Notices

Grand lake oklahoma boys!!!!! Lets start a shootout!!!!

Old 11-29-2013, 08:27 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Grand lake oklahoma boys!!!!! Lets start a shootout!!!!

Just moved to Grand lake Ok. We have a few poker runs out here and want to do something more. This lake is really set up nicely for poker runs and shootouts. There is a perfect spot of the
lake that would be perfect for a closed course that is out of the way of the main body of pleasure boaters.It's also very flat when its windy. Hope to hear from someone on this matter. Would like help on starting a shootout or small closed course race this year. Thanks again. Shaun Little 305-439-2911
Old 11-30-2013, 05:29 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Welcome to grand. They did this once down at the dam. It was a nice turnout don't know the reason why it never happened anymore.
Old 11-30-2013, 06:00 PM
Registered
Gold Member

We where planning on doing a single boat style radar run in horse creek just south of shangrila. It is alway smooth when it's windy and away from traffic. What do you think?
Old 11-30-2013, 06:43 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Do you know who sponsored it? When did it happen? Thanks for replying back to me sir. I would love to speak with you if you have the time. Thanks again. Shaun little throttle man. 305-439-2911. I'm here visiting my folks and putting the boat back together from last years breaks. Lol.
Old 12-01-2013, 07:34 AM
Registered

Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts

POffshore (Frost) put on the radar runs back in the mid 2000's. I believe the liability is what drove the event out but you would need to confirm with POffshore. Ugly's and the Cig runs seems to draw a lot of watchers. I think my first stop would be GRDA to get some input from them... it is their sandbox.

Good Luck!
Old 12-01-2013, 10:59 AM
Registered
Gold Member

Hey buddy, recognize your boat. We ran with you at Uglys smoke on the water. We have the red motion cat . We are so glad to meet you and loving every minute on this lake. I live in Miami fl. But my folks live here where the boat is based. I think we are going to speak with the GRDA this week to propose our idea to them and find out what we have to do to kick this thing off. I would like to invite you to Groovie grovian face book page where we have pics of this years events on grand lake. I believe your boat is pictured on there as well. We are fairly new to the lake and are trying to get to know some people like us who love to go fast safely. Will report back to you when we find out what we can do sir! Thanks so much.
Old 12-02-2013, 05:20 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Thanks everyone for such great feedback and info on getting this started but we still have a ways to go. We need to know about insurance. It might be a little much for a single entity like ourselves to handle due to the high cost of insurance so we may need to incorporate the shootout with ugly johns poker run if they would be interested in us doing the footwork and gathering all nessisary safety, medic,logos. Ect. Does anyone know jeremy from Uglys? I was told he is the guy to speak with when it comes to this sort of event. Hope to hear from someone on this matter. Thanks again.
Old 12-02-2013, 05:33 PM
Registered

They havnt done the uglys run for a few years
Old 12-02-2013, 06:53 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by motion 35 xp
Thanks everyone for such great feedback and info on getting this started but we still have a ways to go. We need to know about insurance. It might be a little much for a single entity like ourselves to handle due to the high cost of insurance so we may need to incorporate the shootout with ugly johns poker run if they would be interested in us doing the footwork and gathering all nessisary safety, medic,logos. Ect. Does anyone know jeremy from Uglys? I was told he is the guy to speak with when it comes to this sort of event. Hope to hear from someone on this matter. Thanks again.
Why not talk to Ron Duggan of Captain Rons LOTO? He seems to pull it off bigger and better every year.

Shootout week LOTO is my favorite week of the year hands down. I hope you guys can pull it off.
Old 12-02-2013, 09:18 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Thank you for the info. Will call him ASAP. Hope we can pull this off as well!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.