Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Poker Runs and Boating Events
JAMMIN ON THE JAMES, Richmond VA. August 2nd 2014 >

JAMMIN ON THE JAMES, Richmond VA. August 2nd 2014

Notices

JAMMIN ON THE JAMES, Richmond VA. August 2nd 2014

Old 12-23-2013, 01:51 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can't wait for this event and GREAT idea on the age limit!!!!
Old 12-24-2013, 03:49 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Can't wait to see this again!![ATTACH=CONFIG]515096[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails JAMMIN ON THE JAMES, Richmond VA. August 2nd 2014-image.jpg  
Old 12-29-2013, 09:29 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For any first timers that have not done a poker run and have been thinking of entering one, this is a great run. You don't have to have a big rough water fast boat to enjoy this run. Jammin starts on the upper James River where it is a calm and easy boating. In the years past we have had 16" Baja's and 16" Donzi's enter and have a great run with all the other boats. There is plenty of places to stop for fuel if needed.
Just be ready to party at a great event.
Old 12-30-2013, 12:24 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 68 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by excursion
For any first timers that have not done a poker run and have been thinking of entering one, this is a great run. You don't have to have a big rough water fast boat to enjoy this run. Jammin starts on the upper James River where it is a calm and easy boating. In the years past we have had 16" Baja's and 16" Donzi's enter and have a great run with all the other boats. There is plenty of places to stop for fuel if needed.
Just be ready to party at a great event.
James I keep getting so distracted by your avatar that I can never finish reading your posts......thank you and everyone else who is responsible for putting this run back together again....it is always one of my favorite events of the summer
Old 12-30-2013, 04:03 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Bullhead
James I keep getting so distracted by your avatar that I can never finish reading your posts......thank you and everyone else who is responsible for putting this run back together again....it is always one of my favorite events of the summer
Thanks for the compliments Mark. This is going to be a group effort and have a lot of people doing what they can to make Jammin 2014 a success.
Barry, Cathy, John, Shannon, Mike, Steve, Suzi, Penny and myself and whomever would like to contribute their time or resources would be appreciated.
Looking forward to seeing Nancy and you soon.
Old 12-30-2013, 06:14 PM
Registered

We are in !!!
Old 01-02-2014, 08:00 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

I have finally received confirmation from The Renaissance that reservations can now be made. To make reservations call 757-673-3000 & tell them you are with the Richmond Power Boat Association to receive the discounted rate of $135. The cut off date to receive this rate is 7/2/14. If you have already made a reservation you can call the hotel back & they will put your reservation under our group rate.
Old 01-10-2014, 09:44 AM
Registered

Jammin on the James 2014 Poker Run Kickoff Party! February 8th , 7:00pm

Kickoff party will be at Tilted Kilt in Prince George VA. the fun starts at 7:00pm, we have a private room for all the festivities. This is the first chance you will be able to turn in your entry, remember the first entries get the best slip location for the DOCK PARTY. Slips are designated on a first come basis. Entry forms will be downloadable from here and Facebook on Feb 8th.
we will also have the entry forms at the party.

We are also going to have a contest for any entries turned in between Feb 8-15th.The winner will be drawn on Feb 16th and will receive there dock slip at Tidewater FREE! your slip fee will be refunded. Additional riders can be added anytime so get your entry in as soon as you can. The RPBA is working hard to make this the best run on the east coast. There is also going to be some changes that we hope everyone will enjoy.

Hotel accommodation: "Sleep Inn&Suites" is within walking distance to the Tilted Kilt, so everyone can have a great time hanging out, swapping stories, having a cold beverage and no need to drive.
There is a special room rate for us $72.99. When you call to make your reservation inform them you are with the Richmond Powerboat Association.
The cut off for the special rate is Feb 3rd.

Sleep Inn & Suites
2200 Waterside Rd.
Prince George VA
804-732-3737

Tilted Kilt Pub&Eatery
2070 Waterside Rd.
Prince George VA
804-861-0480

Looking forward to seeing everyone, this has been a long cold winter so far.

Last edited by excursion; 01-10-2014 at 05:08 PM.
Old 01-10-2014, 05:20 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

..and as always, my home is open to friends that would like to stay with Suzi and I. Looking forward to the Kick Off!
Old 01-10-2014, 05:57 PM
Registered

We will be there!!!

For both!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.