Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Poker Runs and Boating Events
BOYNE THUNDER JULY 11,12  2014  Boyne City, Michigan >

BOYNE THUNDER JULY 11,12 2014 Boyne City, Michigan

Notices

BOYNE THUNDER JULY 11,12 2014 Boyne City, Michigan

Old 03-06-2014, 03:23 PM
Registered

Received 125 Likes on 74 Posts

The reason it is so hard to get a dock at BT is because this a really great Poker Run / Boating Event. If it sucked, there would be all kinds of docks available. All of the people associated with the event do a wonderful job and there is no hidden agenda here.
Old 03-06-2014, 03:53 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jriggs
The reason it is so hard to get a dock at BT is because this a really great Poker Run / Boating Event. If it sucked, there would be all kinds of docks available. All of the people associated with the event do a wonderful job and there is no hidden agenda here.
Well said, Well Run event by a great group of people.Can't wait to go this year!
Old 03-06-2014, 09:31 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Everyone at Cumberland had a place to dock, and there were more than 60 boats.

Originally Posted by offshorexcursion
Typical Keyboard Cowboy. Wouldn't be surprised if you already are registered on OSO and are hiding behind this new screen name.....

Sorta creepy having an OSO stalker though

But I feel sorry for you so let me help you out.........

SHHHHHH......don't let anyone else know about my local inside information

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...> marina.html

Wait I forgot you can't read very well or you would understand that just because a dock is not guaranteed does not mean 80+ boats will not be docked/rafted just like last year. We all stick together and work as a team, in a positive way, you might be surprised what can be accomplished. I have a funny feeling this group of poker runners might not bend over backwards to squeeze your boat in though.

The double entries have been explained and the PACE BOAT is a year round volunteer who also paid the entry fee and some, PLUS gives MORE rides then anyone else to the CHILDREN. Are you that COLD to believe he does not deserve a dock?

I BEG you to post some other poker runs around the country where OVER 60 Boats are GUARANTEED a DOCK. Then please post the Freshwater depth clarity reading there.

BTW, Slip #1 has never been sought after in the past years. Try backing up with a west wind blowing you into the rock wall. We were also the first to choose raft positions in the previous years to free up more popular slips for others.
Old 03-07-2014, 06:39 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TDSTYG
Everyone at Cumberland had a place to dock, and there were more than 60 boats.
There are docks for more than 60 boats at Boyne also.
Old 03-07-2014, 07:38 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd be willing to bet money they will find spots for everyone, from what I can remember the over flow dock seemed to have plenty of spots, they might not have been reserved by BT but there looked to be some openings.
Old 03-07-2014, 10:14 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Pwraddr
There are docks for more than 60 boats at Boyne also.
ya i did run there was 120+
Old 03-07-2014, 07:04 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by RT930turbo
I just really really don't understand all the whining.

Obviously a ton of people want to attend, and that's a great thing. Once the marina is able to handle the traffic, then we can all relax.

And for the record, the FAR dock is 1300' away. Most of us could stand to walk 30 boat lengths.
Artie, I think after Boyne figures out rafting and using other docks, I think we'll be looking at 80 plus boats with dockage
Old 03-07-2014, 08:28 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by BBB725
Artie, I think after Boyne figures out rafting and using other docks, I think we'll be looking at 80 plus boats with dockage
Agree 100%
Old 03-07-2014, 11:57 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How dose this run compare to Lake Cumberland Poker Run?
Old 03-08-2014, 10:25 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mptrimshop
How dose this run compare to Lake Cumberland Poker Run?
Depends what your looking for. I've been to Cumberland but never the PR, the water is green and some what clear, Lake Michigan blue and super super clear. LC you can run from end to end and the largest wake you'll hit is one coming off another boat, Lake Mich can get pretty nasty from what I've heard. As far as BT PR safety is priority, speed limit is 55 on Lake Charlevoix, out on Lake Mich as fast as you want 1 mile out, not sure there are any limits at LC and some places can get pretty congested with spectators.

Not sure what the entry fee gets you at LC but at BT you get a lot. Easily worth the 650.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.