An open letter to all poker run promoters and enthusiasts

Notices

An open letter to all poker run promoters and enthusiasts

Old 07-01-2014, 09:02 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default An open letter to all poker run promoters and enthusiasts

Dear Poker Run promoters and enthusiasts,
I hope that you have a wonderful season and I wish you much success with your events. The roar of the engines the splash of the wakes, the power and visual impact of these boats makes for a sensory overload. What could be more exciting ? Nothing trills me more .
There are many events throughout the nation that I very much would like to get in contact with for several reasons , first to wish you much success with your event and second to ask for your help with my event The Boating Toys For Tots Tour . What I need from you is to contact me , so that I would be able to send you some great looking invitation postcard. The postcard are full color with a real nice finish. The information contained in the post card is...

The U.S. Marines Would like to invite all boaters to The Boating Toys For Tots Tour . This will take place on the Saint Johns River in Florida on the Dec 6th weekend 2014

Friday Dec 5th
. Lunch run down the river
Evening meet and greet
Dinner at host hotel
Live band party

Saturday Dec 6th
A Captains meeting at 10AM
The Toy run to Welaka
Collection of toys by the US Marines
Lunch at the Andersen`s lodge
Dinner at Host Hotel
Another Live band party at the Host Hotel with a Miss Toy contest [ a bikini contest,...]

Make room reservations early[[Quality Inn Palatka 386 328 3481] as rooms fill quickly ]
We are looking for vendors and sponsors for this event contact [email protected]
E-mail or call for more information .
Rus Matos 407 760 3481
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
The postcard is redeemable for a Free T-shirt
The event is FREE to participate in , if you bring a toy you are in . A participants package that has event shirts and a travel bag and other items is available at a minimal price , purchase of such is optional.
Our main goal is to get as many boats to come and put toys on the dock as possible . For this I need your help , please send me your address and the number of invitations that you would like for all your friends guests and associates. Contact me by E-mail [email protected] or phone Rus Matos 407 760 3481 or even post on this website I would very much enjoy hearing from you . Getting the word out is vital to the success of the TFT tour . Every boat ,boater and boating enthusiast racer fisherman wakeboardboat fast boat or slow boat is welcome to come on the tour. We will do our most to make you feel welcome .
Thank you for your help, Sincerely Rus Matos, AKA RaceBoat Rus
P.S. If ever near central Fl. Give me a call I will buy you lunch.
Old 07-03-2014, 07:49 AM
Registered

A short while ago I when to visit one of the many guests who come to the Boating Toys for Tots Tour . He comented that I was starting my campain early [July] I told him this is a one man show so I start early to make sure it gets done . We talked about some other things and he then pointed out that some of the poker run promoters and he was specific to who did not appreciate my efforts in putting on a poker runlike event . That me putting on such an event virtually for free made them look bad. It is not my intention to make them feel bad . He pointed out that your free event is 99% as good as heir event or maybe even better [thankyou] than some of those pricey events. For me it is not a competition it is a challenge to see how many toys I can get put on the dock. Some of those event are the Neiman Marcus of events I feel that I am the walmart of events , everyone at one time or another shops at Walmart , Neiman Marcus may be a bit exclusive for some . I do not want to exclude anyone , as long as you bring a toy and a smile to the run . We have all types of boats come on the TFT everything from the worlds fastest pleasure boat to a $500 dollar back yard rebuild and they are all welcome. [ yes there is a boat bought for $500 that kicks ASK ] .If you are a member of Platinum power boat club FPC , FMO, PBN Carolina or JAx Scream and Fly or even SCOPE maybe for one day we can all get together under the same umbrella for one cause , to do some good for kids and I am sure that we can all have a great time doing it . Allthe other days of the year you can go back to sticking your tounges out at each other.
If the low price [ FREE] of this event makes some feel uncomfortable than go to Neiman Marcus and spend thousands on gifts and bring them on the TFT. I am sure knowing that you have brightened a disadvantaged childs day with your gift is more rewarding than a good poker hand.
I am sorry if I might have stepped on the pricey poker runs , but I think there is room for the Wamart and Neiman Marcus crod to play …..
Old 07-07-2014, 05:00 PM
Registered

The requests have been pouring in . I will get you your invitation card ASAP , on your request make sue to put your event name and date and a postal adress also the number of cards that you might want .. Thanks we look forward to seeing you at the TFT
Old 07-10-2014, 12:55 PM
Registered

Thanks we look forward to seeing you at the TFT
Old 09-15-2014, 05:43 AM
Registered

the rush is on . we start the heavy push to get , you to the event and to get those toys on the dock. What will it take to get you to come to the Tots for tots tour ,just ask and we will try to make it happen
Old 09-22-2014, 01:20 PM
Registered

There is a new boating group that is real real active and we look forward to them making a real great showing
Old 12-02-2014, 03:11 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sounds like a good event, too bad its so far away, if the poker run promoters don't like it then too bad for them