LAKE POWELL CHALLENGE  Sept. 12-14, 2014  Antelope Point / Page, AZ >

LAKE POWELL CHALLENGE Sept. 12-14, 2014 Antelope Point / Page, AZ

Notices

LAKE POWELL CHALLENGE Sept. 12-14, 2014 Antelope Point / Page, AZ

Old 08-04-2014, 10:57 PM
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LAKE POWELL CHALLENGE Sept. 12-14, 2014 Antelope Point / Page, AZ

This is a most extraordinary event. Last year was epic. There were just great, great people there. Extremely orgainized and well run. Truly 1st class amenities at the marina. Beautiful setting - perhaps one of the most scenic places on earth. Perfect weather-- mid to upper 80's-dry. Water temp 80. 80 + mile run. If you can get there, it's a little "out of the way", it will be well worth it.

This is a casual, very family friendly run. There are multiple "kid" activities scheduled-- movies in the pool - seriously--the screen is in the pool; fireworks, etc. Extremely good, gourmet food at the banquet/ auction (and at the restaurant all the time). They really put it on. Last years ice sculptures were awesome--

Boats of all kinds--Multiple DCBs, Nordic, Donzi, Nortech, Eilimnator, etc. etc. Also several tow boats, cruisers and even a PWC made the entire 80 mile run last year. Dock parties, live music-- I'm told a lunch time beach party with a DJ on a houseboat is slated for this year. The marina does have some houseboats for rent for just the weekend of the event. Staying in Page is an option. It's about a 10 minute drive. The marina has a very good valet boat launch - these guys hustle!

I can't even begin to tell you how much fun we had last year. I'm sure this year will be even better. Check it out: lakepowellchallenge.com
Old 08-07-2014, 06:39 PM
Registered

Nancy and I were thinking of driving the bus out there in September. Too far to pull boat, besides being 98 feet long with both. I've seen the RV park on the lake and am interested in coming during the poker run and renting a houseboat. Please PM me.
Old 08-11-2014, 11:17 PM
Registered

Hello?
Old 08-22-2014, 07:25 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Lake Powell Challenge

EL Guapo is going for sure. We rented a house boat for the weekend. The house boats in this marina are absolutely amazing to look at. Antelope Point Marina rented my wife and I a 70' house boat that is really nice for a "rental" and at a very discounted rate. This discount is of course because we are participating in the poker run. Antelope Point Marina is very, very nice as you have mentioned. I grew up going to Lake Powell every summer with my family. My dad raced blown gas flat, but always made time to take us to Powell in the puddle jumper ski/fish boat we also had. I have just returned to power boating after a long break and I am really looking forward to this years poker run at Lake Powell. We have never participated in this event and are pleased to see Lake Powell getting involved with charity, but also a Poker Run. This is one of the most amazing lakes in the world in my opinion. I spent this 4th of July at Lake Powell and it was epic for my family and the families we brought. The water was low last year but the lake has been filling and is up from an all time low. This is a good thing because part of the run goes through the channel from Wahweap Bay to Warm Creek Bay and is was dirt about 4 months ago. They can now run the full course, but the channel is narrow and you have to shut the boats down to a wake-less speed. My name is Bo and I will be roasting down the lake with my wife in our 26' ICC open bow Daytona with a newly built 985EFI motor. Hope you make it, and I look forward to meeting you.
Old 08-23-2014, 12:08 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by SteppedUP
The marina does have some houseboats for rent for just the weekend of the event.
We rented a houseboat as well for that weekend. Not sure why the Customer service lady at Antelope told us they were out of houseboats. Ended up paying full boat ($$) at the other marina which kinda sucks. Looking forward to all the events for the kids which is a big plus. Makes the trip fun for them too.