Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Poker Runs and Boating Events
2015 buffalo poker run - august 7th-8th - templeton landing - buffalo, new york >

2015 buffalo poker run - august 7th-8th - templeton landing - buffalo, new york

Notices

2015 buffalo poker run - august 7th-8th - templeton landing - buffalo, new york

Old 08-12-2014, 08:21 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I'm in for 2015

Ryan
Old 08-15-2014, 03:18 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ah yes, so far away but the dramatic countdown is on, I know some prepare long before due to there schedules, vacations, etc etc, but as u guys plan for next year if you are thinking about staying for Sunday just give us a heads up on here as it gets closer so we can plan a raft up or lunch or dinner cruise, it will be nothing official but we have alot of guys who come to town every year and never see anything except the party at Templeton and the run, One cpl who rafted with us on Sunday was extactic just to hang out and swim for the day and enjoy the area, So I encourage everyone to take Monday off next year,

Last edited by 88242LS; 08-15-2014 at 03:22 PM.
Old 08-26-2014, 03:41 PM
jwp
Registered
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm in .... Taking Monday off also
Old 08-26-2014, 06:02 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by jwp
I'm in .... Taking Monday off also
Ditto!
Old 08-26-2014, 07:51 PM
Registered

countdown is on boyz!!!
Old 08-29-2014, 02:08 AM
Registered

We are looking forward to everyone joining us again.
Old 08-29-2014, 07:50 AM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

Looking forward to next year!

On a side note, can you post something about SHOES? Caught multiple people waking across out boat with shoes. I have some deep scratches now on the swim platform right outside of the tread area, and on the bow. The bow ones will wet sand out, the platform is going to need touch up.

Not all boats are gel, mine is paint and clear. We did our best to patrol, hoping maybe you guys could post a memo to help.

Besides that....BEST POKER RUN EVER! And maybe even worth the scratches lol
Old 08-29-2014, 08:03 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 4bus

On a side note, can you post something about SHOES? Caught multiple people waking across out boat with shoes. I have some deep scratches now on the swim platform right outside of the tread area, and on the bow. The bow ones will wet sand out, the platform is going to need touch up.

Not all boats are gel, mine is paint and clear. We did our best to patrol, hoping maybe you guys could post a memo to help.

Seems there is one in every crowd doesn't it, I won't even let "boat" shoes across mine,
Old 08-29-2014, 12:05 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 4bus

I think 99% of our boat owners know boating etiquette. I am sure somewhere in 400 participants there are a few people who do not. We spent a couple thousand dollars this year on huge fenders to make every effort to protect boats. We do care about our clients boats very much! but policing 400 people would be difficult. Next year we will get some signs made and email boat owners to remind there guests of no shoes. From what I saw it looked like most people were very respectful of others. Are you sure the bow scratch was not from the huge speaker or generator you had? LOL We are glad you enjoyed the run and hate to hear about damage. As always we will learn from our mistakes and try to do it better next year.
Old 08-29-2014, 02:12 PM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by smckie
I think 99% of our boat owners know boating etiquette. I am sure somewhere in 400 participants there are a few people who do not. We spent a couple thousand dollars this year on huge fenders to make every effort to protect boats. We do care about our clients boats very much! but policing 400 people would be difficult. Next year we will get some signs made and email boat owners to remind there guests of no shoes. From what I saw it looked like most people were very respectful of others. Are you sure the bow scratch was not from the huge speaker or generator you had? LOL We are glad you enjoyed the run and hate to hear about damage. As always we will learn from our mistakes and try to do it better next year.
Haha. I am not blaming you, I understand. And we did our best to stop it, but then the excuses came "they are rubber sole" "they are boat shoes" I was really surprised, but kept my cool.

Btw the gen and speaker where placed on bath mats, I take extra care not to scratch my paint.

Please don't spend money on signs, mentioning it here is enough effort

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.