Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Poker Runs and Boating Events
Boyne Thunder 2015, July 10, 11  in Northern Michigan, Boyne City. >

Boyne Thunder 2015, July 10, 11 in Northern Michigan, Boyne City.

Notices

Boyne Thunder 2015, July 10, 11 in Northern Michigan, Boyne City.

Old 01-08-2015, 09:19 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How many boats ran last year? Does everybody that wants to register get registered?
Old 01-08-2015, 10:01 AM
Registered

100 boats or more were in last year. Back at the beginning of this thread someone replied that you could register all the way up to the day of the run. I don't think getting a poker run spot is the hard part, it's the slip.

Maybe someone with more boyne experiences can chime in.
Old 01-08-2015, 10:11 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DocktorsOarders
Alright... Need a little help here... this is going to be my first official poker run... just trying to prepare early because I know this is a popular one and it fills up quickly...

Just booked rooms at Boyne Mountain for Thursday to Sunday so I am set on lodging. From what I understand it will be about impossible for a new attendee to get a slip... so if getting a slip is not possible then how does that work? Have to put boat in and out each night? Is there a place to park truck and trailer? Or is there another way to keep the boat on the water?

I run annually with a decent size group of boats, on a 3 day "fun run" here in the Detroit area, averaging about 100+ miles. Just have never run an actual poker run. I do not plan on running this balls out as I would like to use my first one to get some actual poker run seat time, see how things work, just relax and have some fun...Meet some new people and see some awesome hardware!

Just want to make sure I have what I need an am prepared for a good time!
We will do our best 2 make it Great 4 ya!!! We have all sizes & speeds of boats!! From single screws to 5 eggbeaters!!! From 24ft 2 over 50!! Glad 2 have ya up!!! Last year a 24 ft Avanti won 1st place!!!!

Last edited by wrinkleface; 01-08-2015 at 10:13 AM.
Old 01-08-2015, 11:46 AM
Registered

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

Ha! LOVE IT! I gotta get up to a meeting sometime soon.

Tom
Old 01-08-2015, 02:29 PM
Blue Oval

Originally Posted by DocktorsOarders
100 boats or more were in last year. Back at the beginning of this thread someone replied that you could register all the way up to the day of the run. I don't think getting a poker run spot is the hard part, it's the slip.

Maybe someone with more boyne experiences can chime in.
There will be two registrations, 1st for return boats, then open to new poker run boats. Last year it sold out. People where able to get in as boats had to cancel due to schedule problems or mechanical problems.They started a list to keep track of boats to get in, so make sure you get on the list if you missed getting registered.
Old 01-08-2015, 04:17 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by mainstreet
There will be two registrations, 1st for return boats, then open to new poker run boats. Last year it sold out. People where able to get in as boats had to cancel due to schedule problems or mechanical problems.They started a list to keep track of boats to get in, so make sure you get on the list if you missed getting registered.

Cool... yeah when the registration opens I am clicking buttons! When will the official registration day for New attendees be? I was reading on the website, I though March 1st.?
Old 01-16-2015, 07:15 PM
Registered

Who's comin to the pre boyne party tomorrow?
Old 01-18-2015, 08:26 PM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by chris21hope
Great decision to come! You won't regret it!

I was a first timer last year and was not even close to getting a slip. I had the same worries as you did, but had no problem finding a great spot to tie up for the weekend. The 'shoppers dock' is a short walk from the main dock, and although they can't guarantee spots, there was always plenty of space open. I'm going to try for a slip this year, but either way will be a good time!
Chris---or anybody, I cannot always keep up with this thread....thought I had read somewhere that the Marina (or the City of Boyne) is adding more slips and rearranging things for the 2015 event so that more boats would not have a problem finding a slip for the event---do you know if this is true or can you or anyone give any further details about this?...thanks
Old 01-19-2015, 06:38 AM
Blue Oval

City of Boyne is working on grant to enlarge marina. Slow process, not going to happen this year. They started with design last year. Not sure what out look on time is.
Old 01-26-2015, 04:28 PM
Blue Oval

Registration update-Past participants registration will open Monday 9:00 am March 2nd, new participants will open Monday 9:00 am March 16th.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.