Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Poker Runs and Boating Events
25th Rochester Offshore Seneca Lake Battleship Run - July 18, 2015 - Himrod, NY >

25th Rochester Offshore Seneca Lake Battleship Run - July 18, 2015 - Himrod, NY

Notices

25th Rochester Offshore Seneca Lake Battleship Run - July 18, 2015 - Himrod, NY

Old 02-13-2015, 06:14 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 179 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by bonesmalon
4) How bad azz a pair of 525's sound when the tail pipes are so short you can look in and see the exhaust valves!

5) How much better it is to look over the bow when approaching other boats than it is looking over the stern watching two chicken legged guys trying to swim 10k lbs of boat to a boat launch.
Wonderful Dave. I just spit coffee all over my keyboard. Thanks for the laugh!
Old 02-18-2015, 12:03 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

4) How bad azz a pair of 525's sound when the tail pipes are so short you can look in and see the exhaust valves!

5) How much better it is to look over the bow when approaching other boats than it is looking over the stern watching two chicken legged guys trying to swim 10k lbs of boat to a boat launch.
Ok, I think it's time we give Dave a break on the gas thing. We know it's not like anyone else ever runs out of gas on a poker run weekend but he did walk away with 1st prize so the final laugh is really on him and his chicken legged buddys.
Old 02-18-2015, 12:27 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 315duramax
a bunch of locals around here this summer were talking about it. should be a fun event. whats the situation about overnight docking? I am from syracuse and it will probably be my my gf and maybe 1 or 2 more people we were thinking about sleeping on the boat rather than spending more money for a hotel (college kids budgets LOL) just wanted to make sure where everyone is staying at the hotels with the boats docked up its cool if we crash on the boat???
I'll address the issues of staying on the boat and docking. Yes you may stay on your boat if docked, rafted off or moored. However there are no public shower/restroom facilities (as these are not marinas). If you know someone who is staying in one of the hotels they may let you use their facilities (if you say pretty please or buy them some gas!).
As for docking there a couple of ways to go here. At the Rainbow Cove they have only a few slips (some short or narrow) and they go to people staying there. They also have a long wall where others raft off on a 1st come, 1st served basis and, like many runs, it could be several boats deep so good tying is a must.
At The Showboat there are a select few slips in front of the hotel and some long extended docks on each side. The slips in front and the inside of the long extended docks are "sponsor" docks. Many years ago we had people actually nearly fighting for them so we made them into "sponsor" docks that can be reserved with a fee to avoid the conflict. As we are a Not For Profit organization with Mercy Flight Central as our charity for proceeds, the fee can be tax deductible especially if you own a business. The outside of the long extended docks is free on a 1st come, 1st served basis if not reserved by "sponsors".
There ale also several mooring buoys in front and we will have a shuttle pontoon to get people to and from and this service is also free. A few well rafted off boats can tie to each mooring buoy.
Lastly, several people lately don't want to keep their boat in overnight on Sat. so they take it out after the run and we have a couple of good places that you can park them on the trailer. We also have a lot for trailers only after you launch.
If anyone has any more questions or want to discuss just shoot me a pm with your # and we can talk.
Old 02-27-2015, 07:25 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Anybody interested in learning more about this run or Rochester Offshore in general is invited to the next club meeting. It will be held on Tuesday March 10th at 7:00 PM at Tully's - 1225 Jefferson Road in Rochester. Hope to see you there!
Old 03-07-2015, 12:15 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I should also add that we will be celebrating the 149th birthday of one of the club's elder statesmen - Roger Fisher - at the meeting. (Yes, he's actually older than me.) Suggested gifts include: Polygrip Denture Adhesive, Depends Undergarments, Geritol, and of course - Black Velvet!
Old 03-07-2015, 01:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good to see you're spreading some love to Roger and not saving it all for numbskulls that don't bring enough fuel!!!
Old 03-07-2015, 07:08 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Good to see you're spreading some love to Roger and not saving it all for numbskulls that don't bring enough fuel!!!
Bill said I shouldn't mention you running out of gas (and winning 1st place anyway) anymore. I guess it's OK for you though!

As for Roger, I can't imagine our run without a true character like him. He's one of a kind and absolutely priceless. And you'd better be there this year too!
Old 03-07-2015, 08:04 PM
Registered

You can always count on Roger to be fully tanked. I mean have a full tank! Sometimes it's just not gasoline.
Old 03-10-2015, 04:52 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Remember folks, club meeting tonight. 7:00 PM at Tully's. See you there!
Old 03-15-2015, 01:37 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Hey folks, the new and improved Rochester Offshore website is now up and running thanks to the efforts of Club Secretary Bryan Cooksey. Check it out:

http://www.rochesteroffshore.org/index.html

The Application Form for the 25th annual ROPA Battleship Run will be up on the web site shortly.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.