Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Poker Runs and Boating Events
25th Rochester Offshore Seneca Lake Battleship Run - July 18, 2015 - Himrod, NY >

25th Rochester Offshore Seneca Lake Battleship Run - July 18, 2015 - Himrod, NY

Notices

25th Rochester Offshore Seneca Lake Battleship Run - July 18, 2015 - Himrod, NY

Old 06-16-2015, 05:54 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 179 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by rjstarr
If you are planning to sign up the day of the run you are able to do that but we will have strict time deadlines for the drivers meeting and starting the run. Friday registration & check in will be from 6-9. Saturday morning registration & check in will be 8-9:15. Drivers meeting will be at 9:30 and everyone on board pushing off the docks by 10:15. First class will depart at 10:30 and game on from there...
Let me just clarify what Jeremy said above for those of you thinking about arriving and registering the morning of the event. A number of folks have tried this over the past 25 years when we didn't have a strict agenda that we had to stick to. (This year we do for a variety of reasons.) What this led to virtually every single time was holding up everything for one or two boats or having a small number of boats / captains not attend the Driver's Meeting. This usually led to a lot of grumbling by those who arrived & registered on time as well as captains who missed the Driver's Meeting asking all sorts of questions on the radio that were answered at the Driver's Meeting. Doesn't sound like a lot of fun for what's supposed to be a great time does it?

So I'd like to strongly suggest that unless you have truly extenuating circumstances that require you to arrive the day of the event, don't go for this option. If you do have to arrive the day of the event, arrive nice and early so you have enough time to launch your boat, get to Run Headquarters (The Showboat Hotel), get tied up or rafted off, get registered, grab a cup of coffee and attend the Driver's Meeting. Trust me on this one, it will lead to a much more enjoyable run for everyone involved. And we really do want everyone to have a great time at Rochester Offshore's 25th running of this great event!

Tom
Old 06-16-2015, 06:19 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Especially the guys who are working so hard to make this happen.
Old 06-21-2015, 08:50 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

It's been a little while since the last registration so I'll help you to decide to get in now.
This year we will be giving away more than $5000 in cash and prizes. Most runs only give big cash prizes to the top 1-3 winners but this year we will give $ to 8 driver winners! Even the 6, 7, 8th place will get back $ that is more than their entry fee!
The prize table is for all the paid participants- passengers and drivers. We have more higher level prizes than ever and something for everyone (even the ladies). We may even have some mystery boxes again
We've been promised by the Showboat ownership that the BBQ buffet will be spectacular as well, but then again it always is.
Don't wait till last minute. Get in now! http://www.rochesteroffshore.org/#!applications/c19rn
Old 06-23-2015, 09:42 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Does anybody know if registration is still open for this run? Also does anybody know of any other lake front hotels with docking as I am not one to leave my boat unattended. I tried getting some info thru the web site but did not get a response.
Old 06-23-2015, 10:50 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Rich Lurz- I sent you a PM.
Registration is open up to the morning of the event. However, as has been posted, it is a big hassle the morning of and would be a tremendous help to us to preregister.
All else answered in the PM.
Old 06-23-2015, 01:08 PM
Registered

We plan to attend. Myself, my son, another gentleman and his son. We are staying at the Days Inn in Geneva. We will arrive Friday afternoon and register then. Thanks! Looking forward to seeing you.
Old 06-24-2015, 06:26 AM
Registered

Shane, If I may ask, what do you do with your boat Friday night?
Old 06-24-2015, 03:30 PM
Registered

Leave it on the trailer and launch early in the morning.
Old 06-25-2015, 12:11 PM
Registered
VIP Member

A few other possible options to stay on the water would be:

Nautical Nights Bed & Breakfast is about 3 miles south of the Showboat and I believe they have docks - 607-243-7703
Sunrise Landing Bed & Breakfast is about 6 miles south of the Showboat and I believe they have docks - 607-243-7548
Anchor Inn & Marina is about 15 miles south of the showboat just north of Watkins Glen, 607-535-4159
Watkins Glen Harbor Hotel is in Watkins Glen about 16 miles south of the Showboat - they have a protected marina in Watkins Glen - 607-243-7703

To the North we have:

Belhurst Castle about 18 miles north of the Showboat with private docks - 315-781-0201
Ramada Geneva Lakefront with public docks about - 20 miles north of the Showboat - 315-789-0400

Other than this, sleep on the boat or there are a few other B&B's that are not on the water and other hotels in Watkins Glen & Geneva that are not on the water.

THE PARTY STARTS IN 22 DAYS!!!
Old 06-25-2015, 02:53 PM
Registered

Thanks for the info. It's tough when you do not know the area.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.