Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Poker Runs and Boating Events
25th Rochester Offshore Seneca Lake Battleship Run - July 18, 2015 - Himrod, NY >

25th Rochester Offshore Seneca Lake Battleship Run - July 18, 2015 - Himrod, NY

Notices

25th Rochester Offshore Seneca Lake Battleship Run - July 18, 2015 - Himrod, NY

Old 06-26-2015, 12:26 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rich Lurz
Thanks for the info. It's tough when you do not know the area.
I can understand the difficulty not knowing the area. Let me know if I can be any help navigating the area both on land and boat. There is a public launch right near the Showboat. I am planning to be at the Showboat Friday afternoon setting up and helping anyone out that needs anything.
Old 06-27-2015, 07:45 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default New boat?

Shane,
It will be good to have you back this year but it seems with a different ride. You no longer list the Kkater but a 292 Fastech. How long have you had that?
Old 06-30-2015, 04:04 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by WHIPLASH
Shane,
It will be good to have you back this year but it seems with a different ride. You no longer list the Kkater but a 292 Fastech. How long have you had that?
Just got it this year, but my son and I really want another cat, soooooo, THAT may not be too far off in the future for us. We plan to attend with the 292. Hopefully all goes as planned. Thanks for your kind words.

Regards,
Shane
Old 06-30-2015, 07:06 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 179 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by Shane
Just got it this year, but my son and I really want another cat, soooooo, THAT may not be too far off in the future for us. We plan to attend with the 292. Hopefully all goes as planned. Thanks for your kind words.

Regards,
Shane
Shane,

Looks like you're from Lake George. You may recognize another boat at the Battleship Run. Larry Webster (Laster here) runs his 24 LD Progression on Lake George quite regularly. It's also been fully modified by the Saris boys up there. Larry also used to own my boat and ran it up there too.

Tom
Old 06-30-2015, 08:04 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Tom,
Shane and I have met. Though I don't know if it was before or after his last Battleship Run. He was good enough to serve as a chase boat the very first time I tried out my boat after the supercharger was installed. I knew I couldn't run away from him. If he weren't so busy praying for snow, he could probably have another go-fast to bring to the run.
Old 07-01-2015, 12:19 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by laster
Tom,
Shane and I have met. Though I don't know if it was before or after his last Battleship Run. He was good enough to serve as a chase boat the very first time I tried out my boat after the supercharger was installed. I knew I couldn't run away from him. If he weren't so busy praying for snow, he could probably have another go-fast to bring to the run.
LOL Laster! Looking forward to seeing you and Ronnie at the run. Always a pleasure running with you. You mean my boat isnt a GO FAST? That's funny, because Jake from State Farm told me it was and I had to insure it through another carrier
Old 07-01-2015, 05:10 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Shane,
Nothing wrong with your current go-fast. It's just that if you didn't spend so much on winter sports, you could have a less family friendly go-faster for special events.
Old 07-07-2015, 12:55 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default Warning about bridge out heading to Showboat

**Warning**
To anyone coming to the ROPA Battleship Run on Seneca Lake July 17-19

There is bridge out and a construction trap leading to the Showboat Motel. As you head south from Geneva on Rt. 14 the 1st road with the large signs for Showboat and Rainbow cove is Rapalee Rd. Do not take this road in any way or you will be trapped as there is a bridge out and no place to turn around. This usually is where people come down and bring boats to get to the Showboat but absolutely do not do it this year. If you come down either of the next 2 roads (Plum Point Rd., then Hall Rd. after that) do not go towards the Showboat with a trailer as there is no place to turn around and you will again be trapped.
The best thing to do is either launch the boat at Severne Hill launch (3 roads past Rapalee) and then park the trailer at 4 Chimneys winery . From there you can drive down Hall Rd. towards Rainbow Cove and the Showboat.
If not launching right away you can take the boat and trailer to 4 Chimney’s Winery and park it there and then drive down. If you are staying at Rainbow Cove Motel you can drive down Plum Point Rd. , make a right and then park in the back of Rainbow Cove or go down Hall Rd. all the way to Rainbow Cov and park in back.
** Again- No Rapalee Rd. and do not come down either the next 2 roads (Plum Point or Hall) and try to drive a trailer towards the Showboat.**[
Old 07-07-2015, 05:09 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by WHIPLASH
**Warning**
To anyone coming to the ROPA Battleship Run on Seneca Lake July 17-19

There is bridge out and a construction trap leading to the Showboat Motel. As you head south from Geneva on Rt. 14 the 1st road with the large signs for Showboat and Rainbow cove is Rapalee Rd. Do not take this road in any way or you will be trapped as there is a bridge out and no place to turn around. This usually is where people come down and bring boats to get to the Showboat but absolutely do not do it this year. If you come down either of the next 2 roads (Plum Point Rd., then Hall Rd. after that) do not go towards the Showboat with a trailer as there is no place to turn around and you will again be trapped.
The best thing to do is either launch the boat at Severne Hill launch (3 roads past Rapalee) and then park the trailer at 4 Chimneys winery . From there you can drive down Hall Rd. towards Rainbow Cove and the Showboat.
If not launching right away you can take the boat and trailer to 4 Chimney’s Winery and park it there and then drive down. If you are staying at Rainbow Cove Motel you can drive down Plum Point Rd. , make a right and then park in the back of Rainbow Cove or go down Hall Rd. all the way to Rainbow Cov and park in back.
** Again- No Rapalee Rd. and do not come down either the next 2 roads (Plum Point or Hall) and try to drive a trailer towards the Showboat.**[
Boy I sure hope people remember this before the run....some guys aren't even smart enough to put enough gas in for the run!
Old 07-07-2015, 08:03 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Just hope they are REAL good at backing up a trailer if they do forget.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.