Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Poker Runs and Boating Events
25th Rochester Offshore Seneca Lake Battleship Run - July 18, 2015 - Himrod, NY >

25th Rochester Offshore Seneca Lake Battleship Run - July 18, 2015 - Himrod, NY

Notices

25th Rochester Offshore Seneca Lake Battleship Run - July 18, 2015 - Himrod, NY

Old 01-13-2015, 12:55 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 178 Likes on 66 Posts
Default 25th Rochester Offshore Seneca Lake Battleship Run - July 18, 2015 - Himrod, NY

What were you doing 25 years ago? The first George Bush was in the White House. The first Gulf War was fought and won - in world record time. The number one song on the Billboard Charts was Hold On by Wilson Phillips. Cell Phones didn't even come close to fitting in your pocket. The average price of gasoline was $1.30 / gallon. And Bill Krystan was President of the Rochester Offshore Powerboat Association. Oh, and he and the board decided that running offshore powerboat races just wasn't the future for the club. So, the club started a new chapter and ran their very first Seneca Lake Battleship Run. Wow, doesn't that seem like a long time ago?

Well guess what? Bill Krystan is still the President of Rochester Offshore. (His hair is just a different color now.) And ROPA is proud to announce the 25th running of their Seneca Lake Battleship Run. As you might guess, nothing that's lasted this long did so without the hard work of a whole lot of people who have consistently put together a really great family and high performance boating weekend. It might not be the biggest or flashiest Poker Run in the country, but it's most certainly one of the "most comfortable" runs. (I quote one of last year's first time attendees there.) It's also one of the most affordable runs you'll find anywhere. Highlights of the weekend include a beautiful 38 mile long freshwater lake. Not one, but two hotels right on the water. And last but not least, a great group of people to work on your tan with.

This year's date to mark in your Poker Run calendar is Saturday - July 18, 2015. Arrive Friday night and get to meet everybody with a DJ in the dockside bar. Saturday is the actual run, followed by a barbeque dinner and the awards ceremony along with live entertainment from a Nashville recording artist. Most folks even stick around and do some more fast boating on Sunday with their old (and new) friends.

Here are some other details that might interest you:

- Register before May 31st and get a discount on your entry fee

- More and larger cash prizes along a Prize Table that will really get your attention.

- A fly over by Mercy Flight Emergency Helicopter Service - also the charity recipient of the proceeds from the run.

- More details as they become available on the Rochester Offshore website: http://www.rochesteroffshore.com

So mark your calendar and get your application off the ROPA web site and sent in as soon as you can. (The web site is currently being updated, so you might have to wait just a bit.) Looking forward to seeing you there!

Tom
Old 01-13-2015, 03:55 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you forgot to mention, it's one of the most scenic runs you will attend. surrounded by beautiful hills, waterfalls and vineyards. plenty to see and do around the area when your not boating, (watkins glenn).
Old 01-13-2015, 04:22 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm there!
Old 01-13-2015, 05:16 PM
Registered

Received 315 Likes on 172 Posts

I plan on attending.....missed it for quite a few years but looking forward to this year!

Padraig
Old 01-13-2015, 06:40 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by bonesmalon
I'm there!
Bringing fuel this year?
Old 01-13-2015, 06:52 PM
Registered

We are working on updating the website now so stay tuned... You can also keep up with us on Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/groups/RochesterOffshore/
Old 01-14-2015, 04:36 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Too Stroked
Bringing fuel this year?
still funnny!
Old 01-14-2015, 05:47 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Assuming I have a working boat, I'm in.

Ryan
Old 01-14-2015, 06:22 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Ballistic Beak
Assuming I have a working boat, I'm in.

Ryan
I just checked the official rule book for the run. Nowhere in there does it state that your boat actually has to run.
Old 01-14-2015, 07:36 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 88242LS
still funnny!
Yeah...never gets old...well maybe :-)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.