Cumberland or Texas outlaw Challenge

Notices
Poker Runs and Boating Events

Cumberland or Texas outlaw Challenge

Old 06-03-2015, 12:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cumberland or Texas outlaw Challenge

These runs are on the same weekend I havent been to either what one do you guys think is a better run I just did Havasu last month that was a blast.
Old 06-03-2015, 02:06 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I haven't been to either and both are on my list of events I'd like to make. That being said if all goes well I'll be at the Texas event next year. The pictures always make that event look like a blast with a great turnout over multiple days.
Old 06-03-2015, 02:08 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Nate_106 View Post
These runs are on the same weekend I havent been to either what one do you guys think is a better run I just did Havasu last month that was a blast.
Hopefully some others will chime in on this as i am a little biased being one of the organizers and promoters of the Cumberland Thunder Run, Ive never been to the TX run but from what I know and have heard it is a great over the top well organized event. Honestly 2 pretty different runs, compared to the Thunder Run TX has a lot more going on during the event, activities, car show, street party, etc. The Thunder Run is pretty laid back compared to all of that, we get out and run the lake Fri and Sat, and everything is centered around the host marina, great time and great people. Id say both are great runs just depends on the atmosphere you are looking for. Feel free to give me a call or email with any questions on the Thunder Run and ill do my best to answer them, and hopefully some others will chime in.

Justin
Old 06-09-2015, 07:13 AM
Registered

I'm planning on the Tx Outlaw Challenge. Us Texans know how to pull together awesome events. It helps that it's only a 4hr drive.
Old 06-09-2015, 09:14 AM
Registered

I have only been to the outlaw challenge and it is huge. There is big street party's at the boardwalk where they have boats on display. Also there are car shows, bikini contest, a top speed shoot out and a poker run for the event. I highly recommend the Texas Outlaw Challenge!
Old 06-09-2015, 11:45 AM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 619 Likes on 200 Posts

Went to Texas two years ago out of curiosity. It's now on the permanent schedule. It's just a great event and the party on Friday must be seen to understand.

I have NOT been to Cumberland but would pick the Sept event if I was going to go there.
Old 06-09-2015, 02:13 PM
Registered

Received 394 Likes on 224 Posts

Do note that Cumberland changed their format and no longer has an organized start. More of a fun run.
Old 06-09-2015, 07:34 PM
Registered

could someone explain how the shootout works? i mean is there a max speed up to the start flag , and what is the distance from start flag to radar flag?
Old 08-01-2015, 03:44 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

I guess non of the promotors care to help you with that information.
Old 08-02-2015, 10:48 AM
Registered

Cumberland in Sept use to be an awesome event, not so great anymore. Thunder Run is very laid back and pretty much seems to stay at one end of the lake and marina.