Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Poker Runs and Boating Events
26th Rochester Offshore Seneca Lake Battleship Run - July 16, 2016 - Himrod, NY >

26th Rochester Offshore Seneca Lake Battleship Run - July 16, 2016 - Himrod, NY

Notices

26th Rochester Offshore Seneca Lake Battleship Run - July 16, 2016 - Himrod, NY

Old 12-09-2015, 10:50 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 179 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by badmonkey
How long is this run?
If memory serves me correctly, Seneca Lake is 31 miles long. We pretty much run it end to end - twice. So I'd figure about 60-65 miles.
Old 12-12-2015, 06:31 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"TEAM BLUE" and "THE MAGIC MAN" got just a few tricks up the sleeves this year to really "SHAKE AND BAKE" and lay down the ROOST on all "THE BLUE BEAK CHASERS"!! Doors are locked tight with the blinds closed with Super Secret Santa Gifts while wrenches fly at the famous "FOUNTAIN MUSEUM"!! Watch out HOLY COW..... Santa came dressed in BLUE this year......
Old 12-12-2015, 03:23 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by BLUEMAGIC
"TEAM BLUE" and "THE MAGIC MAN" got just a few tricks up the sleeves this year to really "SHAKE AND BAKE" and lay down the ROOST on all "THE BLUE BEAK CHASERS"!! Doors are locked tight with the blinds closed with Super Secret Santa Gifts while wrenches fly at the famous "FOUNTAIN MUSEUM"!! Watch out HOLY COW..... Santa came dressed in BLUE this year......
Just remember, unlike some events, this is not a race. ROPA has an enviable safety record at the Battleship Run and first and foremost, we want everybody to have a safe, fun time.

Of course if you and Kelly O want to have some fun, as long as you do it within the rules, go for it!
Old 12-13-2015, 09:38 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Hey, easy......nobody said the R_ _ _ word. Just proposed a simple challenge that has nothing to do with calculating distance divided by time traveled.

Too Stroked would likely be pacing the group that Blue should run within, given the rookie yellow stripe that will be displayed aft.

If at some point during the day I catch the aroma of seasoned bread-crumb coated chicken and look over to see a museum-archived/preserved Blue Ballistic Beak alongside, then what happens next will be the furthest thing from what could possibly be mistaken as a "competition".

Last edited by Kelly O; 12-13-2015 at 01:41 PM.
Old 12-13-2015, 01:22 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow bread crumbs and chicken i think i would have that, instead of utters ooooooooo
Old 12-13-2015, 04:41 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Kelly O
If at some point during the day I catch the aroma of seasoned bread-crumb coated chicken and look over to see a museum-archived/preserved Blue Ballistic Beak alongside, then what happens next will be the furthest thing from what could possibly be mistaken as a "competition".
Sure, make me spit my coffee out all over my keyboard!
Old 01-09-2016, 01:18 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

PRA just announced that they moved the date for the Alexandria Bay/ Clayton Poker Run to July 22,23. One week after our run and just 2 hours away. If anyone from a distance wanted to do both runs and leave the boat at Seneca Lake to pick up the following weekend I'm sure arrangements can be made.
This would be a great opportunity for someone to take a vacation up here and hit 2 great runs within a week of each other.
Old 01-20-2016, 01:18 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by WHIPLASH
PRA just announced that they moved the date for the Alexandria Bay/ Clayton Poker Run to July 22,23. One week after our run and just 2 hours away. If anyone from a distance wanted to do both runs and leave the boat at Seneca Lake to pick up the following weekend I'm sure arrangements can be made.
This would be a great opportunity for someone to take a vacation up here and hit 2 great runs within a week of each other.
Your new tow vehicle must be faster than any of us thought. Only 2 hours to Clayton, NY?

I gotta get a bigger truck.
Old 01-20-2016, 02:36 PM
Registered

Received 228 Likes on 77 Posts

if anyone would like to leave their truck/trailer/rig in Syracuse I have lots of room if anyone needs a paint touch up inbetween runs as well
Old 01-20-2016, 05:18 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Too Stroked
Your new tow vehicle must be faster than any of us thought. Only 2 hours to Clayton, NY?

I gotta get a bigger truck.
Now you're finally catching on I'm faster. You just think I finish behind all of you in everything but the reality is I did it twice and was just catching up at the end.
Clayton is 3 hours from my home in Penfield, NY so I estimated 2 hours from Seneca Lake.
You need a bigger boat first. Then a bigger truck.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.