Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Poker Runs and Boating Events
26th Rochester Offshore Seneca Lake Battleship Run - July 16, 2016 - Himrod, NY >

26th Rochester Offshore Seneca Lake Battleship Run - July 16, 2016 - Himrod, NY

Notices

26th Rochester Offshore Seneca Lake Battleship Run - July 16, 2016 - Himrod, NY

Old 11-22-2015, 06:28 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 179 Likes on 66 Posts
Default 26th Rochester Offshore Seneca Lake Battleship Run - July 16, 2016 - Himrod, NY

Last year, the Rochester Offshore Powerboat Association (ROPA) celebrated twenty five years of running their annual Battleship Run on Seneca Lake in New York State’s beautiful Finger Lakes region. As I’ve said in the past, to have run anything for twenty five straight years, you must be doing a pretty good job of it. ROPA President Bill Krystan and his merry band of volunteers continue to show that you don’t have to be the biggest or the most expensive run or have the fastest boats to allow people to have a great time. In fact “regular people” seem to gravitate to this run because it’s run by and for regular people just like you and me.

So does this run attract some pretty flashy hardware? Check. Does the run have an almost perfect (31 mile long / 3 mile wide / 900 foot deep) lake with plenty of room for everyone to safely enjoy some high speeds? Check. Does the run have great dockside accommodations (not one, but two hotels) for everyone to enjoy? Check. Does the run have (reasonably priced) great food and drink for everyone to enjoy? Check. Does the run have sensible rules to insure everyone has a safe weekend? Check. Does the run have great cash and merchandise prizes? Check. Yes, this run has pretty much everything.

So it is with great pride that we announce the 2016 Rochester Offshore Battleship Run on Seneca Lake near Himrod, New York on Saturday – July 16, 2016. Most folks come in Friday and stay thru Sunday because the people, the location, the accommodations and the lake are that good. More information and applications will be appearing in the near future on the ROPA web site: http://www.rochesteroffshore.org/

Hope to see all of my old (and new) friends at this year’s event!

Tom
Old 11-22-2015, 07:37 PM
Registered

Received 317 Likes on 174 Posts

We will be there. We had a great time last year. We hadn't been able to make the run for a few years and was pleased to find that it was still a great run. It also was a thrill to win some cash. My wife put it to good use by using it to help purchase a set of Bluetooth intercom headsets.

Thanks ROPA.

Padraig
Old 11-27-2015, 05:53 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Padraig
We will be there. We had a great time last year. We hadn't been able to make the run for a few years and was pleased to find that it was still a great run. It also was a thrill to win some cash. My wife put it to good use by using it to help purchase a set of Bluetooth intercom headsets.

Thanks ROPA.

Padraig
Cool! Can't wait to see you again next year!
Old 11-27-2015, 09:32 PM
Registered

Received 228 Likes on 77 Posts

well be there most likley with the new 388!!
Old 11-28-2015, 08:53 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Always a great time at this event put on by a dedicated group of genuine power boaters.

Looking forward to it and want to finally see the "Magic" blue 32 Fountain on the docks this year. In fact, I'm covering his dock fees providing he can accomplish one simple little on-water challenge.
Old 11-28-2015, 09:23 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Kelly O
providing he can accomplish one simple little on-water challenge.
What would that be, putting the drain plug in?
Old 11-28-2015, 10:13 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This was a great time last year, thanks for everyone's hard work! See you all again this year!
Old 12-04-2015, 07:42 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Just a quick reminder to all ROPA members. This year's club Christmas party will be tomorrow (Saturday) night, 8:00 PM at Shamrock Jack's. Hope to see everyone there!
Old 12-04-2015, 07:52 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 493 Likes on 229 Posts

We are going to put this one on the calendar for next season.
Old 12-04-2015, 10:32 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

I went to college in Geneseo, and grew up in Potsdam, Grandparents had a lake house on Port Bay, so I have alot of time in my youth in that area, and the Finger lakes are very pretty, BUT cold! We might have to make an attempt to come home for a vacation and hit this run, if I'm back in the USA by then........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.