Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Poker Runs and Boating Events
What do you like most about porker runs? >

What do you like most about porker runs?

Notices

What do you like most about porker runs?

Old 12-31-2015, 11:40 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 493 Likes on 229 Posts

Originally Posted by CBlakeNS
\/ - as long as I beat Brad to the first stop I am alright with that haha!
Well said Blake...for me its beating both you and Brad to the first stop....lmao...
Old 12-31-2015, 12:51 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I should say Both Brad's. Donzi Brad and Fountain Brad haha.

Originally Posted by badmonkey
Well said Blake...for me its beating both you and Brad to the first stop....lmao...
Old 12-31-2015, 02:09 PM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

I don't care for porker runs. I like sweet petite who don't need to run.
Old 01-04-2016, 09:08 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by monster12valve
I have never ran in one... Because I am intimidated... Are there slower (70mph) boats that run? I don't wanna be the guy that "slows it all down".

STOP!!!!! there will be none of that nonsense, do not be intimidated, yes there are slower boats, Take a ride up here to Buffalo N.Y. the second week of august, you will have plenty of company, in fact we pride ourselves on the variety you will find here, Our club president has himself a 60 mph boat, I'm not much better either, we have had many single engine and twin engine sub 65mph boats, my 271 formula only ran 58 mph, in fact i ran that boat at 45/50 and i still run my 303 45/50 for 90% of the run, we love the old classics, go thru the archives on our run, one of our most famous boats was a 88 311 Formula, we there are many other poker runs as well that also have a wide variety, but I'm speaking from experience we have had many first timers in Buffalo over the years, and I'm glad to say that years later they still come and are friends, all ego's get checked at city limits

ya there some hardware too, but they began like us
Old 01-04-2016, 09:38 PM
Registered

Received 317 Likes on 174 Posts

Well said, Sam!

Padraig
Old 01-05-2016, 09:02 PM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

I like spending time with every one that likes to throw there money in to the water like me and love to see some of it going to a good cause/charity.
Old 01-08-2016, 11:11 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just the entire environment! Like others have said... the dock parties, the boats, the babes, the helo's hovering low and snagging pics and vids that you usually never get elsewhere... The massive amounts of flawless hardware...

I run right at 90 and felt the need to "try" and keep up with some of the big boys at Boyne Thunder last year... well after we hit the second card stop I realized we went half way and I was under half tank of gas from holding my 525s at WFO for quite some time!!!! Had to take the return trip of the first half back at 1/2-3/4 throttle (50-60ish) to make it back without running out of gas!!! Ate lunch, filled up at the local dinosaur juicing station and went out and had some great fun in the second half!!!

Some race, some have fun and some break down!!! The key to it all is to have fun... raise money for the charities at hand, make some new friends and spend money!!!! Don't be intimidated... Get to one and have some fun!!!
Old 02-09-2016, 04:42 PM
Registered

Every time I play poker I win a bunch of nice hands win a few small pots hand have 2 bad beats or so it's about the same every time. It's only rarely I get that terrible beat on a huge pot that I was 95% to win. Just for some extra info Iv'e been running some simulations and have found that out of 100 hands your going to win 10% of your hands in a random order so pick and chose and good luck.
Old 03-25-2016, 09:39 PM
Registered
VIP Member

I have never ran in one... Because I am intimidated... Are there slower (70mph) boats that run? I don't wanna be the guy that "slows it all down".
At most local runs like the Old Hickory Run we put on here in Nashville and many others I have been to the average speed of most of the boats is 70-80mph. If you can get out there and run 55-60 you will be fine. There are always going to be a group of big boats and especially the cats that get out and run over 100 for long distances but you won't see them except as they leave and then at the lunch stop or raft ups. We had 117 boats last year and I bet at least half of them were 60-75mph boats. You won't be "ran over" at all and just cruise at what you are comfortable. I will warn you though.. it is a very addictive sport and you will be the next victim of the disease in which there isn't a cure. You can't get big enough or fast enough and your bank account will forever be drained by the sickness that is power boating.
Old 03-27-2016, 07:00 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dont worry about your speed, I used to run them in a 60 mph boat, I'd just left a little earlier, they passed me and when I got to the next stop everyone was still tying up, it all worked out well, also I'm planning on doing some in my old cigatette this year, I would guess it will top out at about 65, Ill be running in the midrange somewhere, 35 to 40 mph....just bring your hot significant other...and enjoy the day with the other offshore boaters

Last edited by welfare racing; 03-27-2016 at 07:06 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.