Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Poker Runs and Boating Events (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/poker-runs-boating-events-19/)
-   -   2016 Old Hickory Fun Run - Nashville TN - July 28-30 (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/poker-runs-boating-events/334984-2016-old-hickory-fun-run-nashville-tn-july-28-30-a.html)

chewymalone 03-03-2016 01:30 PM

I would plan to use the ramp at Shute's Branch unless they've made improvements at Blue Turtle. We had a hard time pulling my F26 cat out at Blue Turtle last year.

frickstyle 03-03-2016 01:33 PM

Opryland is pretty far from both downtown and the Lake. Stay near marina or downtown.

gofastlvr 03-03-2016 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by easyrider1340 (Post 4410127)
Where does everyone usually stay overnight? Gallatin area? Opryland area?
What marina/ramp is best to use?

When you enter I will email a package a couple weeks prior with all the ramps and their parking situations. Out of town folks stay downtown the first year just to see the downtown area and we are going down there Friday night for the meet and greet party.

gofastlvr 03-03-2016 10:02 PM

Like everyone said the ramp at Shutes is the best one but if you are under 38' the Rockland Ramp is good too but the Blue Turtle one is tough if you don't know it well.

sommerfliesby 03-17-2016 06:11 AM

We are in for the whole enchilada! Going to be down on Wednesday...need advice on where to stay and where to keep my rig...anyone? Thanks!

looseconnection 03-17-2016 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by sommerfliesby (Post 4416918)
We are in for the whole enchilada! Going to be down on Wednesday...need advice on where to stay and where to keep my rig...anyone? Thanks!

There is a large grass field at Blue Turtle that was used last year for trailer parking. I speak of last year, I do not know if it is the same this year. We stayed at the holiday inn nashville air port on elm pike. About 15 minutes from the host marina.

kilo 03-17-2016 09:14 AM

Lock and Loaded! I didn't see (probably overlooked) a place to reserve a slip.
Chad - please let me know if I need to update something/somehow

ALL_IN! 03-17-2016 12:27 PM

What's your plan this year?

Originally Posted by bigredbaja (Post 4411089)
We always stay downtown Thursday and Friday night since that is where the Friday night party happens, we then move out by the marina. Blue Turtle I think was the host marina last year not sure if its the same, the launch ramps are rough I had a really hard time putting our 32' in at the ramp so your 35' might be even worse. There is a nice Marriott Courtyard in Gallatin a couple miles from The Rudder Marina across the lake and the ramp is a little better. If you stay down town the Double Tree is a great location but the hotel is pretty old, I stayed there a few weeks back and don't think in will anymore its getting pretty rough.

bigredbaja 03-17-2016 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by easyrider1340 (Post 4417080)
What's your plan this year?

Don't know yet...I am on the fence on this run thinking about going to the Lanier Run but its a 7hr tow vs. 2.5 for Nashville. We will most likely end up in Nashville and if we do will stay Downtown either at Marriott West End Vanderbilt or Marriott Courtyard Vanderbilt Thursday and Friday night then the Courtyard in Goodlettsville Saturday night which is near the Rudder Marina across the lake. I want to be able to take a cab into downtown for Friday night and then be near the marina Saturday night.

gofastlvr 03-21-2016 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by looseconnection (Post 4416929)
There is a large grass field at Blue Turtle that was used last year for trailer parking. I speak of last year, I do not know if it is the same this year. We stayed at the holiday inn nashville air port on elm pike. About 15 minutes from the host marina.

We have the same areas