Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Poker Runs and Boating Events
2016 Old Hickory Fun Run - Nashville TN - July 28-30 >

2016 Old Hickory Fun Run - Nashville TN - July 28-30

Notices

2016 Old Hickory Fun Run - Nashville TN - July 28-30

Old 06-20-2016, 12:35 PM
Registered

Received 80 Likes on 56 Posts

Thanks for the detail Chad. This will be our first trip to Old Hickory, so the more info the better! Terry

Originally Posted by gofastlvr
Two things....

First we are as most know a private marina area. There are very few slips but what we don't have in slips we make up in southern hospitality and we always raft off to several areas of the marina and if you come down I will make sure you have a location. Otherwise just raft off to someone and we all accommodate each other and honestly the ONLY time anyone worries about the slip or where to park is when you show up... By the time we get to boating that is the last of anyone's worries and we make it work! If you are set on a slip I can get you one at a marina that is close by water (less than 5 miles) but about 45 minute drive. I would suggest to stay near that marina but honestly if you haven't been here before raft off to the first boat you see and come on down and party! You will be rafted off on Friday and Saturday most of the day anyway and you will see we are a great time!!

Second - Anyone with a large trailer and especially the cat guys with tilts! I have a Travel Lift at our disposal. Our home marina just bought one across the lake and they have a travel lift so please contact me! You can put in a 42' boat with ease as any of the public ramps but the cat guys have to get deeper... (insert joke here!) and the water depth just isn't there so if you are bringing a 50' something or a cat on a tilt please let me know and you will receive separate instructions.

Also anyone who has registered will get a package by email two weeks prior to the event with locations to launch, and your hotels and stops and a link to download the APP for your phone. We will have the same APP from Lanier with our information so I can communicate easily with everyone and give you specific instructions. See everyone in a few weeks!!

[email protected]
615-533-5991
Old 06-21-2016, 10:44 AM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Woooo hooooo!!!! So happy!

:score-101010:travel lift available!!!!!

for anyone bringing anything over 45' or all the cat guys on a tilt trailer. We have a travel lift at drakes creek marina at our disposal for the weekend. Especially if you are on a tilt trailer. You won't have any issues for v's unless you are 45' plus and i will send out specific launching instructions for all the out of town folks a couple weeks prior. Anyone wishing to use this service please contact me at:

615-533-5991

or email at:

[email protected]

also we will have those locations on our smartphone app which will have a link ready by early julyl. Look forward to seeing everyone soon
Old 06-22-2016, 08:08 PM
BZ
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

We are coming is this run any fun ???
Old 06-27-2016, 11:50 AM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Slightly......... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AQAWxsGdK8

Originally Posted by BZ
We are coming is this run any fun ???
Old 06-27-2016, 12:30 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by chattviper
BZ told me he still isn't convinced...I guess we will just have to find out in person.
Old 07-01-2016, 11:41 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did he seriously just ask if this run was any fun?

I can promise one thing as the Director of the TN Powerboat Club.... and that is FUN!! I can't promise you that your won't have a mechanical failure. I can't promise you that you won't break something. I can't promise you that hell won't freeze over but I honestly don't think you could come to this run and not have fun. We are not a traditional run with a long hair on fire blast off balls out run to the fist stop. We are a Stay in your group and have a good time and hurry and get to the raft up where you can see the huge amount of absolutely desperate people writhing for a chance to have a good time! We have a great Charity in Operation Stand Down who help our vets get reacclimatized back into society. The help homeless vets with a hand up not a hand out and we drink beer and look for another reason to hang out at the marina and talk about every single boat in the run along with the ladies that are obviously attached. We could have the most beautiful collection of boats seen in the southeast and some southern hospitality to match. I have been told by some veteran poker runners that this is one of the most "FUN" runs they go to each year. Now unless you need public shaming or me to send you a personal invitation... get yourself registered, rest your liver, and get ready for a great time because if you don't have an absolutely great time at this even then I will gladly give you your money back. See you in a few weeks!!
Old 07-04-2016, 04:41 PM
BZ
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Did he seriously just ask if this run was any fun?

I can promise one thing as the Director of the TN Powerboat Club.... and that is FUN!! I can't promise you that your won't have a mechanical failure. I can't promise you that you won't break something. I can't promise you that hell won't freeze over but I honestly don't think you could come to this run and not have fun. We are not a traditional run with a long hair on fire blast off balls out run to the fist stop. We are a Stay in your group and have a good time and hurry and get to the raft up where you can see the huge amount of absolutely desperate people writhing for a chance to have a good time! We have a great Charity in Operation Stand Down who help our vets get reacclimatized back into society. The help homeless vets with a hand up not a hand out and we drink beer and look for another reason to hang out at the marina and talk about every single boat in the run along with the ladies that are obviously attached. We could have the most beautiful collection of boats seen in the southeast and some southern hospitality to match. I have been told by some veteran poker runners that this is one of the most "FUN" runs they go to each year. Now unless you need public shaming or me to send you a personal invitation... get yourself registered, rest your liver, and get ready for a great time because if you don't have an absolutely great time at this even then I will gladly give you your money back. See you in a few weeks!!
OK now that is a glowing endorsement Honestly it looks like a blast...BZ
Old 07-11-2016, 01:57 PM
Registered

Are the Kennedy's gunshy?
Old 07-19-2016, 04:50 AM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

When can we expect final details and email? Can't wait and don't want to miss anything!
Old 07-21-2016, 01:16 AM
Registered

I'm from Ripley oh and plan to go

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.