Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Poker Runs and Boating Events
1000 Islands Charity Poker Run >

1000 Islands Charity Poker Run

Notices

1000 Islands Charity Poker Run

Old 04-26-2017, 03:52 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

11924 views here. We must be doing something right! Thank to everyone for all your support.
Old 04-27-2017, 12:34 AM
Registered
VIP Member

I want to add that the water way here at the 1000 Islands is nothing that I have every encountered and it’s in my own backyard. Over the last couple of years I have registered in the following runs: Lake Cumberland, Nashville, Boyne Thunder, Lake of the Ozarks, and just recently in February the MTI Fun Run from Miami, Marathon to Key West. We did over 500 miles in four days. The blue water of the keys is the ultimate. I am so lucky in my backyard we have the waterway along the St Lawrence River which I have to say for me it’s more impressive from a Performance Powerboat run. The waterway has long distances with no concerns of narrow channels, channels are marked for large ocean going ships, cool clean fresh water, views of multi million dollar properties everywhere, I am not out to point out anything negative of these other events but from a water way stand point it is just the obvious.

Lake Cumberland very windy at best two miles you can run your boat with all the boat traffic and wash tub waves, Nashville hit 100 mph once for one minute and never saw so many floating logs, Boyne thunder could not run the boat due to 6 to 10 ft. waves from lake Michigan and day earlier total fog, Lake of the Ozarks the highest number of powerboats per square mile and total wash tub effect after 11 am you can encounter. Miami to Key West narrow channels, Salt Water, crab pots, sand bars everywhere, various boat traffic and obstacles, Need two GPS for navigation, tons of maintenance to your boat after event, and don’t have a maintenance issue you are screwed. By the way I would do all these events again because I just enjoy the people.

Just to add another point dockage I often pay a corporate rate to get ideal docking that comes with a big number. Never seem to get a great dock where I felt my boat was safe and paid more money than it was worth. Usually over the 3500 mark

Well I can only say these docks that Clayton has I bet close to a million dollars spent in the last year and totally pristine and included in a standard poker run price. Also truck and trailer parking near your boat. Usually you leave your truck some distance away with daily fees and your trailer is in field miles away from your boat. Face it the best part is boats at the docks with the comradery of talking about boats and experiences. With the docks and rigs all together it just makes it complete.

The run was put together with this all in mind and at a great price on a new hotel property. There was tremendous thought and hours put in to come up with the ultimate safety program taking the best of all runs which could be the play book for all events. All I can say is come and you will be back every year.

Best Regards and hope to see you there.

www.1000islandsrun.com

Ken
Old 04-28-2017, 08:34 AM
Registered

Having a military presence at such a worthy cause will be awesome! When I told Tammy, who served 8 yrs, she was so glad to hear that! We are excited to be a part of this run. You guys have definitely put alot of thought and time into this!
Old 05-05-2017, 08:09 AM
Registered

Location: Solomons Island, MD, Vero Beach and Punta Gorda, FL
Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts

Link doesn't work for me and Facebook page removed??? Issues?

Thanks.

Ed
Old 05-05-2017, 08:34 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by fandango
Link doesn't work for me and Facebook page removed??? Issues?

Thanks.

Ed
ED,

the link was fixed 5 minutes ago. It was updating overnight and we had switched formats. www.1000islandsrun.com was down overnight and is up again. As soon as the IT guy saw the issue it was up again.

1000 Islands Charity Poker Run on Facebook works and always has. Not a down minute in 6 months.

We're all good and steaming along!!!
Old 05-05-2017, 10:38 AM
Registered

Location: Solomons Island, MD, Vero Beach and Punta Gorda, FL
Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts

Thanks got it. Was trying to send to a friend.

Ed
Old 05-05-2017, 10:54 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by fandango
Thanks got it. Was trying to send to a friend.

Ed
Thanks Ed. I found out when I was sending to a sponsor 10 minutes after I updated it. I assumed I did something. lol. Nope. Thanks for promoting the event. Prepare to have a really great time. Doug
Old 05-13-2017, 03:56 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Default Just in from Speed on the Water

https://speedonthewater.com/in-the-n...ting-a-sellout

Great write up Jason! Thanks Speed on the Water for your support!
Old 05-13-2017, 04:28 PM
Registered

Great story. Thank you to all for your amazing support.
Old 05-15-2017, 08:41 PM
Registered

Here's a little reminder.. Thursday night there will be a reception at the Powerboat building of the Antique Boat Museum. Come see where it all started, how it used to be.. your predecessors in the sport. If you come in on Thursday we'll be seeing you here at the ABM.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpevLrppu-k

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.