Like Tree213Likes

1000 Islands Charity Poker Run

Old 12-19-2016, 01:31 PM
"because we can"
Gold Member

My Boats: Not another 353 Fastech

Rock Star,

As you already know we are 100% committed for this event. We shared this event with the folks we spent time with at the Toy Run in Palatka Florida a couple weeks ago. Hopefully some of those folks will come along for this event. Our MD crew is over the top excited for July. We have already rented our home on the river for 5 days and are in the process of configuring our drinks and meals...LOL. The Nauti Monkey crew wishes you and yours a very Merry Christmas.

Chris
Old 12-22-2016, 09:17 AM
Registered

The 1000 Islands Charity Poker Run is pleased to announce that our official water sponsor for this event is AQUA Hydrate water!!! Their logo is going to look great wrapped on a pace boat. It's a great sports water and the only one I drink. Welcome aboard AQUA Hydrate. Plan on having plenty of great water on your boats for this event. Congratulations to them on their market expansion. We ALL love winners!!!!

http://www.bevnet.com/news/2016/aqua...ribution-gains
Old 12-22-2016, 09:30 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by badmonkey View Post
Rock Star,

As you already know we are 100% committed for this event. We shared this event with the folks we spent time with at the Toy Run in Palatka Florida a couple weeks ago. Hopefully some of those folks will come along for this event. Our MD crew is over the top excited for July. We have already rented our home on the river for 5 days and are in the process of configuring our drinks and meals...LOL. The Nauti Monkey crew wishes you and yours a very Merry Christmas.

Chris
Chris,

I just saw this. I've been straight out bringing River Santa to the 1000 Islands. It was/is a fantastic charity event that delivers gifts to the 1000 Islands by boat in the snow and cold. It helps kids over a 50 mile stretch of river. It also supports the backpack programs in all 5 school districts along the 1000 Islands. We are proud to say that our Presenting Sponsor this year was Five Star Tool and the Ken Lalonde family. Cuz I Can to most of you on here. Power Boaters have huge hearts!!!

We meet as a committee next week and will have some announcements to make right after that. Exciting stuff.

We on the committee would like to wish each and every one of you a Merry Christmas and a Healthy and Happy New Year. We'll be seeing again and meeting a lot of you in 2017 and we are excited!!!! Cheers. RS

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...3453421&type=3
Old 12-28-2016, 08:25 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

My Boats: 2006 Hustler 388, 2004 Hustler Talon 25, 1999 30 Spectre cat and 2007 21' hydrostream voyager w/ Merc. 225 EFI

Sounds like fun, the 1000 island is a beautiful waterway, I grew up in Potsdam NY, spent a fair amount of time on the St. Lawerance river, BUT I am supposed to be out of country for work in July 2017, but that is kinda tentative right now....
Old 12-28-2016, 08:34 AM
Registered

Great to hear from you. I Don't know your age but I have a lot of history of in the Potsdam area. Even while living in Utah when I was younger we spent summers in Morristown with my Utah/Canton connection. I also just built John Barstow a new Chevy store in your old hometown.

After meeting as a committee last night I can tell you that this run is going to be exceptional. The Committee is deep in talent and enthusiasm. We hope that you are able to be in the country The weekend of July 15 and join us as we show off this waterway to many new first timers and do an event that locals and first-time visitors will want to repeat for years to come because of the exceptional water, event and the charity aspect. RS
Old 12-28-2016, 09:29 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

My Boats: 2006 Hustler 388, 2004 Hustler Talon 25, 1999 30 Spectre cat and 2007 21' hydrostream voyager w/ Merc. 225 EFI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Star 38 View Post
Great to hear from you. I Don't know your age but I have a lot of history of in the Potsdam area. Even while living in Utah when I was younger we spent summers in Morristown with my Utah/Canton connection. I also just built John Barstow a new Chevy store in your old hometown.

After meeting as a committee last night I can tell you that this run is going to be exceptional. The Committee is deep in talent and enthusiasm. We hope that you are able to be in the country The weekend of July 15 and join us as we show off this waterway to many new first timers and do an event that locals and first-time visitors will want to repeat for years to come because of the exceptional water, event and the charity aspect. RS
Graduated Potsdam High, 1977,
Old 01-04-2017, 02:52 PM
Registered

Happy to tell you that we are only one or two days away from launching the website. Trying to fill-in a couple blanks like lodging options and committee members. All the rest of the information should be sufficient. Stay tuned the next day or two for the launch of our website. It might be snowing and blowing today where you live but spring is right around the corner. I will have a boat in the St. Lawrence River in just over two months. March isn't that far away. Always the eternal optimist. Looking forward to seeing so many of you in July. Next post from us will be the website. And you can always go over to Facebook and have a look.
1000 islands charity poker run
Old 01-05-2017, 04:36 PM
Registered

You can start booking rooms. Group rates available at the 1000 Islands Harbor Hotel. Working on rates at others as well. With over 25 boats already committing before the roll out we have high hopes for a very successful Charity event. A REAL Charity event. A first class charity event. Be a part of history as the 1st Annual 1000 Islands Charity Poker Run embraces the causes that matter here along the River. "A run with a reason, a party with a purpose".

www.1000islandsrun.com http://1000islandsrun.com

You've been awesome in your patience while we got details firmed up. You've also been awesome with your excitement for this event. Tell your fellow boaters, your travel partners, your friends. THIS is going to be an event that sends you home feeling great about every part of it and eager to return in 2018. We have strong team committed to this and a great number of volunteers planned to welcome you with open and helping arms.
Old 01-05-2017, 11:16 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

My Boats: 2013 48 MTI Carbon with 1350's

The 1000 Island Charity Run is stepping up the game to promote a venue that will hope to grow into one of the bigger runs in the North East. I have participated in many of the poker runs in the southern states over the years for example Lake Cumberland, Old Hickory Lake, and Lake of the Ozarks are just awesome but I have to say there is nothing like the Poker Run on the St Lawrence River/Thousand Islands and to add one for charity to help our troops after defending our freedoms. I really get my fix for the speed and length of the run on this waterway. Many of the other runs it is very difficult to break the triple digit mark and sustain this for miles. The waterways are generally very narrow, very windy and the need to be very cautious at given speed with 100 plus boat turn outs. The boats that have the capability to run at these hi speeds I highly recommend this run and I will personal help in any way to accommodate you if you are coming out of town. Please message me if you are attending and need help with anything. My recommendation is to register early as the best accommodations will fill at the hotels which have a 72 hour cancelation. I will add some pictures so you can get the feel of the unique history of the thousand islands. Hope to see some you southern guys make the run I have made the trips to many runs and know you will not be disappointed.

Best regards

Ken

Poker Run Videos of area:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUZRkQAd86Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_9VIxtCE-U

Clayton New York

http://www.1000islands-clayton.com/
Old 01-05-2017, 11:47 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

My Boats: 2013 48 MTI Carbon with 1350's

I just wanted to add some three minute videos Please Take the Time I Promise you wont be disappointed in this Area:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YziwZF8ViUU

Venue Featured at 1000 Island Harbor Hotel "A" Class Accommodation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsZLkb9jUY8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qI0_CznP-Rs