1000 Islands Charity Poker Run >

1000 Islands Charity Poker Run

Notices

1000 Islands Charity Poker Run

Old 01-16-2017, 12:25 PM
BRT
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rockstar- Are you looking for any volunteers in terms of EMT and divers? PM me if so.

Bryan
Old 01-16-2017, 05:20 PM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 11 Posts

Doug

boathouse Randy here. Registered on the web page. Tom started telling me about this a while back.

Anyone not accustomed and spoiled by what we have here, as we are, will be blown away by the area. That is without question

stopped the big runs when they became strictly big-money can't go fast enough pissing contests.
The former 1000 Islands club run was a great fun, family friendly time but ultimately fell victim of getting too big et al.

I have interest and as a local the theme, purpose, and benefactors are spot-on.

Family friendly?
I've got kids in this boating life now that are INTO it and no longer boating novices by any means, but it has to be something other than a race on Saturday.
100 boats if achieved is a good size group.

What are the plans, if any on the organizers' part, to keep things fairly reasonable, set a mood of fun and comradery as opposed to speed only, or segregate by speed so that younger enthusiasts may feel the excitement of most safely participating in an event?

I don't know what the course will be, but as you know there are any # of areas where it's small but not speed limited...last thing I want to experience is someone coming by me at 100 close enough to touch with kids in my boat.

It has come to a point where offering the experience of the (River) (perf) boating lifestyle to these kids is the greatest part of my enjoyment.
I would love for them to be able to participate!

Thanks for your efforts on this.

Last edited by Rippem; 01-16-2017 at 06:51 PM.
Old 01-17-2017, 07:03 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=badmonkey;4519949]
Originally Posted by Rock Star 38
Chris, FYI. The lunch stop is right next

Hell ya, we may just have to invite folks in for drinks...lol
ok.. After the event.
Old 01-17-2017, 07:22 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Rippem
Doug

boathouse Randy here. Registered on the web page. Tom started telling me about this a while back.

Anyone not accustomed and spoiled by what we have here, as we are, will be blown away by the area. That is without question

stopped the big runs when they became strictly big-money can't go fast enough pissing contests.
The former 1000 Islands club run was a great fun, family friendly time but ultimately fell victim of getting too big et al.

I have interest and as a local the theme, purpose, and benefactors are spot-on.

Family friendly?
I've got kids in this boating life now that are INTO it and no longer boating novices by any means, but it has to be something other than a race on Saturday.
100 boats if achieved is a good size group.

What are the plans, if any on the organizers' part, to keep things fairly reasonable, set a mood of fun and comradery as opposed to speed only, or segregate by speed so that younger enthusiasts may feel the excitement of most safely participating in an event?

I don't know what the course will be, but as you know there are any # of areas where it's small but not speed limited...last thing I want to experience is someone coming by me at 100 close enough to touch with kids in my boat.

It has come to a point where offering the experience of the (River) (perf) boating lifestyle to these kids is the greatest part of my enjoyment.
I would love for them to be able to participate!

Thanks for your efforts on this.
Randy, Hi There. Thanks for the kind words and questions. Safety and enjoyment come first. There will be some places where the big dogs can run out ahead safely but we have created "slow zones" to make the event more enjoyable for all participants and for the spectators. People want to view the boats passing and this will give them options of being where they might be running strong or where we have them grouped up and passing slowly and orderly. With assigned docking there is no reason to race back hoping to get on the wall in the Bay. Also the USCG and NYS Park Police have asked us to hold the boats after card stops, then restart, so there isn't high speed 2 way traffic. Smart AND great for the spectators at card stops to view. All starts/restarts will be at the release of the pace boat/safety boat via radio. probably 4 at a time when the marshals give the all clear. boats can stage near similar boats. Kid and family friendly, yes. Castle tours and museum tours for any who desire. Glad you like the charity idea and the causes. The area you know well and your comments are spot on. New people to the area will be blown away with the beauty and will be back again. Hope to see you at the event, Randy.
Old 01-17-2017, 11:06 AM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 11 Posts

Thank you for the timely reply.

Intend to PM you here as well.
Old 02-02-2017, 12:25 AM
Registered

We on the committee are pretty psyched to have Speed on the Water writing about and then covering our event. Thank you for the article.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/articles...n-1000-islands
Old 02-07-2017, 02:06 PM
Registered

We are planing to make the run from Traverse City MI - looking forward to seeing the region
Old 02-08-2017, 07:37 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Oceans15
We are planing to make the run from Traverse City MI - looking forward to seeing the region
We are looking very forward to showing you the area and having you join us at the 1000 Islands charity poker run. Follow us on Facebook and be sure to check out the website.
1000islandsrun.com
Thanks for the note. After an easy winter we are all looking forward to spring and being back in the water
Old 02-09-2017, 10:05 AM
Registered

Ttt

Last edited by Rock Star 38; 02-09-2017 at 10:07 AM.
Old 02-09-2017, 10:08 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Oceans15
Oceans15, can you send me a photo of your boat please? I'd love to put it up on the Facebook page and the web site. You can email it to me at [email protected]

You're going to love it here in the 1000 Islands!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.