27th Rochester Offshore Battleship Run - Seneca Lake, NY - July 14-16, 2017 >

27th Rochester Offshore Battleship Run - Seneca Lake, NY - July 14-16, 2017

Notices

27th Rochester Offshore Battleship Run - Seneca Lake, NY - July 14-16, 2017

Old 01-25-2017, 12:14 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 179 Likes on 66 Posts
Default 27th Rochester Offshore Battleship Run - Seneca Lake, NY - July 14-16, 2017

Some folks would get bored doing something the same thing every year for 27 straight years. But what if that “same thing” was getting to hang around fast boats and great people on a beautiful lake in upstate New York? And what if that lake featured crystal clear water and ample room to spread a large number of high performance boats out so nobody felt crowded? And what if the people driving these boats were down to earth, friendly and ready to help anybody in a time of need? Well, that’s exactly what the 27th consecutive running of the Rochester Offshore Powerboat Association’s Battleship Run is all about.

For you history buffs, 27 years ago was a long time ago – 1990 to be exact. But way back then, the leadership of Rochester Offshore decided that as exciting as running local and divisional APBA races was, it was not the future of the club. One of the big factors in that decision was that racing limited how many people could actually participate due to the cost and danger involved. So the club took a new direction and started running what most folks call Poker Runs. And we must have done (or learned) something right because here we are, still doing it all these years later. Although the club’s flagship event has evolved over the years, one thing remains constant, and that’s the down to earth feeling that anybody who’s been to one of these events gets to experience.

And so it is with great pleasure that I - the only remaining charter member of ROPA – get to announce the 2017 edition of Rochester Offshore Seneca Lake Battleship Run. The event will be held on beautiful Seneca Lake the weekend of July 14-16, 2017. Headquarters for the event will once again be the Showboat Hotel in Himrod, NY on the west shore of the lake. As always, the run will feature approximately 70 miles of safe, formation running in at least three pace groups. We generally run 50 MPH, 70 MPH and 100 MPH pace groups so you can run at a speed you feel comfortable with and to insure that it’s not a race.

One of the things ROPA has earned a solid reputation for is running a safe event. So you should know that the basic rules are: 1) It’s not a race, so don’t get any ideas. 2) No drugs or alcohol on the water. 3) No passing the Pace Boats. 4) Personal Floatation Devices (PFD’s) must be worn by all participants while the boat is on plane. All of the other rules are simple and designed to ensure that everyone both in the run and on the lake with us has a safe and enjoyable time.

I should note that sponsorship opportunities still exist, but Sponsor Docks in front of the hotel are almost gone. And although you really do want to make your hotel reservations early, both the Showboat and Rainbow Cove hotels are now closed for the winter, so you may have to wait a bit.

Interested? Drop by the ROPA web site for more information and registration forms:

http://www.rochesteroffshore.org/26t...battleship-run
Old 01-25-2017, 03:38 PM
Registered

Received 317 Likes on 174 Posts

Oh boy, summer is coming. We will be there.

For those who have never done this run.....you are missing a very good run. A large beautiful Lake great boats and people.

Padraig
Old 02-15-2017, 06:25 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Padraig keep me posted on when this run is. Super pumped and can't wait for this run.
Old 02-15-2017, 06:42 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Bajajay98
Padraig keep me posted on when this run is. Super pumped and can't wait for this run.
Just keep an eye on this thread. ROPA is good about posting news here.

Padraig
Old 02-15-2017, 07:54 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Bajajay98
The event will be held the weekend of July 14-16, 2017.
Old 02-16-2017, 05:31 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"getting to hang around fast boats and great people on a beautiful lake in upstate New York? And what if that lake featured crystal clear water and ample room to spread a large number of high performance boats out so nobody felt crowded? And what if the people driving these boats were down to earth, friendly and ready to help anybody in a time of need? Well, that’s exactly what the 27th consecutive running of the Rochester Offshore Powerboat Association’s Battleship Run is all about. "

I have to agree. Always a fun time. This is a great run with great folks, and beautiful scenery too. Can't wait!!!!!!!
Old 03-05-2017, 04:26 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Early Registration for the 2017 Seneca Lake Battleship Run is now open!!! If you sign up before May 31st boat and driver is only $165.00! We are expecting a record turnout again this year, sign up today to reserve your spot.

If you read Too Stroked's post above you will see that we've been doing this for quite some time with great success. Our run is for everyone and we get everyone- the 1/2 million+ $ big horsepower machines and the smaller beginning or fun level boats. Run what you brung! We have a speed class for everyone and no one here brags or puts anyone one down. All great people who want a more laid back run (like no shoes or shirts required for the awards dinner, although shirts appreciated!) with possibly the lowest entry fees in the country. Also our $ prizes go to 8 places (instead of the usual 3) and we have a prize table worth over $2000 that you get tickets at the stops to pick the prizes you want to win. All on one of the most beautiful lakes you can boat on without restrictions.
For an entry form go to :
https://www.rochesteroffshore.org/registration-form
We do apologize for still doing this the old fashioned mail- in way. However we have explored the ways to pay online and have found the fees exorbitant. This would mean we would have to raise the entry fees a lot and are not willing to do that at this time. We still want to keep this a family affordable run for everyone, while also being able to give a modest amount to our charity of almost 20 years- Mercy Flight Central.
Old 03-05-2017, 05:11 PM
Registered

I just want to say.....this is a great run! It is also a bargain. A fantastic lake with great scenery and a genuinely nice bunch of people. This is a long Lake and for those who want to let lose and run...there is plenty of room.

There is a new run the same weekend but I will be doing the Battleship Run, again.

Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Padraig
Old 03-08-2017, 12:07 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

You know what? I just figured out that my boat is almost as old as this run. As for me, well, let's not go there. And yes, my boat and I - along with my trusty navigator Stella - will be there again this year!
Old 03-08-2017, 01:43 PM
Registered

So did you Marry your navigator or is there still a chance of a wedding at the Run?

Padeaig

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.