Kentucky Lake / Kuttawa Cannon Ball Run 2017

Notices

Kentucky Lake / Kuttawa Cannon Ball Run 2017

Old 06-12-2017, 10:40 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LivelyFountain
Hello everyone,
Hope you all are off to a great boating season. The Kuttawa Cannonball Run will be happening next weekend and we hope to see all our friends at Kuttawa Harbor Marina on Friday and Saturday.
If you haven't registered, please go to our website, Kuttawa Cannonball Run ? The official website of The Kuttawa Cannonball Run!
The website has all the information.
All of our sponsors and all the participating marinas have been great helping with this event, so please patronize them.
Also, next year we will NOT have this event on the same weekend as the Lake Cumberland Thunder Run. I want to apologize to those going and putting on that run. It was bad planning on our part and we will be at your event next year!
As for this year, we are excited to bring this to the lakes and look forward to raising some money for a great cause. Sounds like we may even have some boot on the ground in Kuttawa that weekend. Hopefully we can give some of our troops a ride!
We will be doing our best to get everyone a spot in Kuttawa Marina on Friday and Saturday night. No covered slips will be available, but we WILL get you rafted up. HUB's has great food and drinks and will also have a great band for Friday & Saturday night.
Please feel free to email or text me if you need anything at all that weekend.
[email protected]
812-457-0234
Jeff we wish you great luck with the event this year, my number is posted below, don't hesitate to give me a call and we can work together next year between the 2 runs, we definitely would've been there this year if our dates didn't conflict.

Justin Lucas
Lake Cumberland Thunder Run
606-425-6113
Old 06-15-2017, 09:53 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was hoping to watch this year, but it doesn't even look like I can do that. I live roughly around the halfway point and will be around all weekend, so if anyone needs anything, give me a yell.
Old 06-18-2017, 08:42 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

How was the turnout?
Old 06-19-2017, 05:06 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

I don't know the final count but I believe about 25/30 boats made the long run to Breakers not sure how many left early for the short run on Barkley I would guess the number to be about 40-45 boats total. It was a great start to the event and from what I can tell went well we did not encounter any issues at all and the staff at Hu B's did a great job with the event. Winds were strong and straight out of the south on KY lake which made for some nice size white caps and a rough ride for some.
Old 06-20-2017, 11:12 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

That's good! I hope to be back in the game soon with another boat and would love to make it next year.