Notices

Boyne Thunder 2017

Old 03-02-2017, 07:27 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 46 Likes on 23 Posts

So there are spots being held for new entrants? How many Kevin, do you know?
Old 03-02-2017, 07:36 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

15 I believe
Old 03-02-2017, 08:05 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by AJ POWERPLAY
15 I believe
Old 03-02-2017, 10:02 AM
Registered

Received 431 Likes on 192 Posts

Dates for this soiree?
Old 03-02-2017, 10:23 AM
Registered

Received 277 Likes on 96 Posts

Kevin- no excuses this year bro!
As much as we love taking friends.....No passengers are invited this year, so now we won't have any excuses!

Originally Posted by VoodooRob
So there are spots being held for new entrants? How many Kevin, do you know?

Last edited by offshorexcursion; 03-02-2017 at 10:26 AM.
Old 03-02-2017, 11:17 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

15 Spots being held for new or past participants that did not get into the March 1st registration. Opens 9am March 15th.
Old 03-02-2017, 12:21 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

I am trying to follow along here as they do things different for this event than any other event I have attended. Pre reg meaning what ? and for whom ?

I just wanted to sign up and make the event from day one till its completely over. So the event is only for one driver and one passenger ONLY ? I have never been to this event and March 15 is another registration day to sign up ?

I tried to get into the Pre reg online and I guess it was sold out or not available for a new entry ? I could not get anywhere with it.

What is the best way for a new entry to get into this event ? And really need know ONLY Driver and ONE passenger can sign up for this event ? NO others can be in your boat for the poker run event ?

Last edited by BUP; 03-02-2017 at 12:25 PM.
Old 03-02-2017, 01:37 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by BUP
I am trying to follow along here as they do things different for this event than any other event I have attended. Pre reg meaning what ? and for whom ?

I just wanted to sign up and make the event from day one till its completely over. So the event is only for one driver and one passenger ONLY ? I have never been to this event and March 15 is another registration day to sign up ?

I tried to get into the Pre reg online and I guess it was sold out or not available for a new entry ? I could not get anywhere with it.

What is the best way for a new entry to get into this event ? And really need know ONLY Driver and ONE passenger can sign up for this event ? NO others can be in your boat for the poker run event ?
Pre registration is for past participants. It sold out in 15 minutes. On March 15, at 0900 EST 15 additional slots will be open to the general public. I suspect these will sell out in the first minute or so. Unfortunately (Fortunately?) there is so much interest in this event, there are far more people who would like to attend than infrastructure to support them. I would suggest taking your chances at 0900 on March 15 if you would like to participate.

Basic registration includes Driver and 1 passenger, but you can purchase additional tickets for attendees riding in your boat. You do not need to do that at the initial registration.
Old 03-02-2017, 01:49 PM
Registered

Received 734 Likes on 329 Posts

Really should be a free for all from the get go, but who am I to say? Not the biggest fan of not knowing if you have a slip when you press the pay button, because that could be a deciding factor, but there are a lot of thankless hours put into planning this behind the scenes so really who am I to say it should have been done other ways?
Should be a great year, hopefully it's rough so we know who came to run

Kevin- no excuses this year bro!

The M-22 Challenge triathlon held just south of Traverse City each year is open to everyone on registration day. This year all 900 entries sold in 5 minutes. Prior entrants ***** wanting preference, others want a seed some want a year wait if you participate. It all boils down to never being able to please everyone.
Old 03-02-2017, 02:02 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by RT930turbo
Pre registration is for past participants. It sold out in 15 minutes. On March 15, at 0900 EST 15 additional slots will be open to the general public. I suspect these will sell out in the first minute or so. Unfortunately (Fortunately?) there is so much interest in this event, there are far more people who would like to attend than infrastructure to support them. I would suggest taking your chances at 0900 on March 15 if you would like to participate.

Basic registration includes Driver and 1 passenger, but you can purchase additional tickets for attendees riding in your boat. You do not need to do that at the initial registration.
That explains why I could not get anything done on the Pre reg. Jeez 15 spots left for a new entry and new boat entries that possible could never make the event ? . JUST IMO man so year after year its the same boats in the run ? As for any spectators to see new boats showing up and I would think some poker runners would welcome running with some new blood for. this event ( NEW entries that never been). Something new to look at can only be a positive thing IMO. Just saying no intent here. Have to say cause it looks like a very longshot for us getting in this show from a comment " take your chances". I would pay now if I could for any entry.

Thank you for the reply and I will try to see what happens for getting in --- It won't be a lack of me trying that's 4 sure.. John

Last edited by BUP; 03-02-2017 at 02:08 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.