Notices

Boyne Thunder 2017

Old 03-03-2017, 01:03 PM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 32 Posts

Had a great time last year. Already booked the trip again this year. Can't wait!
Old 03-03-2017, 01:07 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BUP
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMKfIXdxh-U

detour number 3 --- how can you not like this and the great vocals jeez I could not last 2 mins in that crowd - one is way to many dudes and 2 - the out of control white men can not dance nor jump.
At about 4:12, a gal w a nice pair hang'n out!!!!!
Old 03-03-2017, 01:21 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by wrinkleface
At about 4:12, a gal w a nice pair hang'n out!!!!!
I know and was waiting for that comment. A lot of his concerts has girls with no shirts and or flashing their tata's
Old 03-03-2017, 01:37 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by BUP
I know and was waiting for that comment. A lot of his concerts has girls with no shirts and or flashing their tata's
I have seen him twice at Boyne Mountain Ski Resort in the summer years ago!! Good shows but people watch'n on the ski hill as the stage is at the bottom was as good as the concert!!!
Old 03-03-2017, 02:13 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by BUP
Watched the videos of last year run and did not see one single engine boat in the run. I understand it was really rough but even sitting around at the docks that were full, still did not see one single engine boat. If I get in the run, I will have a single engine boat - heck at least its brand new 2017 model that no one has ever seen before in person. That new fiberglass smell.

My thoughts in the back of mind - is hoping the last 15 spots are not on the buddy system for the new entries.
BUP, I was launching my single engine boat at the ramp by the host marina to join with the others on the lunch run, there were guys at the dock offering help and talking about the boat no differently than if it were a 50' cat with 1550's. Point is, we were not participants in the run but volunteers and we had a great time and hung out with and made a bunch of new friends. Never once did I feel like I had to qualify or measure up to any standard to "belong". I promise that you would be welcomed by the whole community and would have a great time. If you have never seen the northern Michigan waters and surroundings, well that is just a bonus!

The only thing you need to do is to introduce yourself if (when) you go and I promise to meet for a beer at the White Elephant the next time I am in Ft Worth!
Old 03-03-2017, 03:03 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by snowhammer
BUP, I was launching my single engine boat at the ramp by the host marina to join with the others on the lunch run, there were guys at the dock offering help and talking about the boat no differently than if it were a 50' cat with 1550's. Point is, we were not participants in the run but volunteers and we had a great time and hung out with and made a bunch of new friends. Never once did I feel like I had to qualify or measure up to any standard to "belong". I promise that you would be welcomed by the whole community and would have a great time. If you have never seen the northern Michigan waters and surroundings, well that is just a bonus!

The only thing you need to do is to introduce yourself if (when) you go and I promise to meet for a beer at the White Elephant the next time I am in Ft Worth!
100% agreed. Many years back when I had my Baja. I was talking with a guy for probably an hour or longer at a local restaurant on the water. Never once spoke of his boat but asked about mine and just made me feel welcomed. He hopped in his skater and I left in my Baja. (Which I don't knock, it got me in the door and I'll never look down on them or any other brand). It's about the hobby and passion.

My advice, do what you love. Meet some new people. You'll be surprised how snobbish some of the "Dick swingers" aren't. Greatest group of friends I have are all boaters. Some guys who make over 100x more a year than I do. Doesn't matter and never has.

I am looking forward to seeing everyone at BT!
Old 03-03-2017, 03:46 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

I like this thread no one hates me yet maybe cause I posted some tata's - just had to throw that out there.

Anyways my post was not referring to who has more money than whom - see I worked on and currently still have some very wealthy customers, its kind of a bit funny as they can be big shots in other areas of life but when it comes to their boats --- they seem to be on the same average level scale as me cause I work on their boats and or their kids boats that they are in dire need for help.

Doctors especially are this way . Funny as it seems having an upper hand with them when they find out or already know I am marine industry. Doctors love their boats and sailboats and golf. Its funny how when your at their office the topic of conversation changes to all about boats and not health care. They will have a mile long appointments waiting to be seen and yet they sit with me asking a million questions about their boats for very long periods of time. I can fit in no matter the persons income or fame, rich or poor does not matter to me.

A lot of pro sport figures in the area owned boats at one time. Talk about a profession who possible should take up golf instead of boating. One story comes to mide of the many. I had a big name Pro football player here years ago who bought brand new Cobalt boat - calls me up in Feb and says his agent told him that boats need to be winterized and he as an owner had no idea, so he had a million questions. I traveled to his house in Dallas - huge place - boat is in the back in a another nice building but with no heat. The temps are way below freezing for close to a week during this timeframe.

He asks me what I think about his boat - not winterizing it, how could that cause any damage ?, I told him of course it can damage the boat and the engine - Lets take a look and I will show you. I already knew what the outcome was going to be, cause the weather was in the low teens for close to a full week.

So we both climb into his boat, I open up the engine hatch - I then pull the side water drain plugs out on the mercruiser engines (Twins) - no water comes out period - He looks at me like oh that is a good sign. I then jam a long blade screw driver up into the water drain holes on the side of the blocks ( like a ice pick) it was solid ice - ok we are done too late my friend I told him . I will never forget the look on his face - Like someone died in his family look. I guess it made him feel real stupid or something. Funny part about it was I never heard form him again - (big name in pro football) Nor did I asked him for his autograph - probability he was more mad at that, in which made him more puzzled as well for not asking for his autograph. His boat was less than a year old and had 6 hours on it. True story, Still to this day , will never forget that look on his face in person . It think it brought him to reality in life - that yes he could do wrong.

Last edited by BUP; 03-03-2017 at 05:38 PM.
Old 03-03-2017, 05:15 PM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

Originally Posted by BUP
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMKfIXdxh-U

detour number 3 --- how can you not like this and the great vocals jeez I could not last 2 mins in that crowd - one is way to many dudes and 2 - the out of control white men can not dance nor jump.
Ah, yes, that was before his head got so big! Devil Without A Cause is a great album that will withstand the test of time. Everything else ... . Carry on.

My boat is too small for most poker runs. I was invited to join a group leaving Brown's Bar to the next card stop.When all the bigger boats planed out I was in a dangerous mess of big wakes which I had to try to hold a straight line in. I just shut it down because it wasn't safe.

Last edited by thirdchildhood; 03-04-2017 at 09:01 AM.
Old 03-04-2017, 07:48 AM
Registered

Received 115 Likes on 34 Posts

My first exposure to Camp Quality was several years ago at Park of the Pines (a church camp) in town. I gave children rides with my fathers Antique Car Club. I was blown away when a small child got in the car with IV drip hooked up. Doctors and nurses donate their time to give the children with cancer 24 hr care. They try to give these kids a break from their sickness and have some fun.
Challenge Mt. was originally called Walloon Hills, it was owned by Boyne Mountain. It was given to Challenge Mt. from Everett Kircher. They work with children with mental and physical handicaps. They give the children year round activities to enjoy life and have fun.
I started with Boyne Thunder on its second year. Me and my crew started as a Marshall Boat on Beaver Island for several years and would give kids from Camp Quality rides on Friday like Tracy does. Registration is a very tough egg to crack. I try to stay out of it and stick to my duties. This Poker Run is ran by one city employee with a all volunteer work force. These people might be able to write a check to any charity they want, but we are very blessed to have a beautiful area and a successful Poker Run to get these people to donate to our local charities.
Old 03-04-2017, 11:25 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by BlueOval
My first exposure to Camp Quality was several years ago at Park of the Pines (a church camp) in town. I gave children rides with my fathers Antique Car Club. I was blown away when a small child got in the car with IV drip hooked up. Doctors and nurses donate their time to give the children with cancer 24 hr care. They try to give these kids a break from their sickness and have some fun.
Challenge Mt. was originally called Walloon Hills, it was owned by Boyne Mountain. It was given to Challenge Mt. from Everett Kircher. They work with children with mental and physical handicaps. They give the children year round activities to enjoy life and have fun.
I started with Boyne Thunder on its second year. Me and my crew started as a Marshall Boat on Beaver Island for several years and would give kids from Camp Quality rides on Friday like Tracy does. Registration is a very tough egg to crack. I try to stay out of it and stick to my duties. This Poker Run is ran by one city employee with a all volunteer work force. These people might be able to write a check to any charity they want, but we are very blessed to have a beautiful area and a successful Poker Run to get these people to donate to our local charities.
Right on Bubba!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.