PRA's Alexandria Bay Poker Run Sept 15-16 >

PRA's Alexandria Bay Poker Run Sept 15-16

Notices

PRA's Alexandria Bay Poker Run Sept 15-16

Old 09-01-2017, 12:48 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up PRA's Alexandria Bay Poker Run Sept 15-16

WE RETURN TO ALEXANDRIA BAY, NEW YORK ON SEPTEMBER 15-16.
REGISTER BEFORE SEPTEMBER 8 AND RECEIVE A $100 DISCOUNT ON YOUR ENTRY FEE!

We told you we’d be back! We’ve been furiously working on getting a replacement date since we were forced to postpone earlier this year. We’ve had an extremely busy August, but couldn’t wait any longer. We couldn’t let the 2017 boating season pass without making a stop in ALEXANDRIA BAY! We’ve worked day and night to bring this run to you!

Join Poker Runs America Magazine September 15-16 2017 in Alexandria Bay New York for another fantastic weekend in the heart of the 1000 Islands! This is our longest standing event, 2017 marks our 26th year providing safe family fun on these magnificent waters. Enjoy the crystal clear waters of The St. Lawrence River, and run with some of the hottest hardware on the circuit.

SCHEDULE OF EVENTS:
Friday, September 15th.
  • Welcome Party Saturday, September 16th
  • Saturday Morning breakfast followed by drivers meeting
  • Card #1: 10:30 a.m. (Start) – Alexandria Bay
  • Card #2: 11:30 a.m. Cape Vincent Village Dock
  • Card #3: 12:00-2:00 p.m. Clayton (LUNCH)
  • Card #4: Ogdensburg City Docks
  • Card #5: 3:30 p.m. Edgewater Resort – Finish.
All times are approximate and subject to change

We JUST HEARD the Joker went wild in the 1000 Islands two weeks ago, and he told us that he will be COMING BACK for our ALEXANDRIA BAY poker run. Don’t miss a single card stop on this run and you could be walking home a WINNER!
Stay tuned… We’re still waiting to see what the joker has up his sleeve…

REGISTER TODAY FOR THIS EXCITING POKER RUNS AMERICA EVENT!
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT THE POKER RUNS HOTLINE AT 800-354-9145 EXT 252 OR CONTACT [email protected]
https://pokerrunsamerica.com/events/...andria-bay-ny/

Last edited by PRAtammytt; 09-01-2017 at 12:50 PM.
Old 09-01-2017, 01:09 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default There’s lots of action coming to the 1000 Islands Region!

There’s lots of action coming to the 1000 Islands Region! THUNDER ON THE BAY poker run in Alexandria Bay is September 15-16 2017.

The month of September provides beautiful weather and lots of clean water for a poker run. Summer arrives in Alexandria Bay on September 15th 2017.

This run always draws a great assortment of boats. Here’s a sample of the thunder that is coming to the bay on September 15-16th!

Bill Tomlinson – 50’ Mystic - MY WAY

Joel Begin – 50’ Outerlimits -

Ken Lalonde in his BRAND NEW MTI!

David Scotto in his 52’ Outerlimits.

Rob Ackley in his 35’ Fountain

John Landry in his 36’ Cigarette

Jeff Morgan 42’ Fountain.

Dave Turnbull in his 30’ Baja

We can’t wait to get back in the waters of Alexandria Bay! Register today! Registrations before September 8th 2017 save $100 if you register before September 8th!
Old 09-01-2017, 02:06 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

I'm glad to see this run rescheduled. I plan on being there with my 388 Hustler.

The only question I have is, did they lift the no wake restriction on the NY side of the Seaway? I was just told today from a business in Alex Bay that it is still in effect. I thought that would greatly affect the run from Clayton to Alex Bay etc...

Looking forward to coming up again this year.

Chris Czub
Old 09-02-2017, 06:05 PM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

My question here would be how is the water level up in the Bay right now? Reason I ask is that I went to two launches at this end of the River today, backed down at one and no way in he11 was the boat coming off the trailer. Power Authority has been dumping water down here to help the folks upstream and now they have focked us up to the point you can't even get the boat off the trailer. The one I went to first is down near two feet from last Sunday when we were there.
Old 09-03-2017, 06:34 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Water must be down 24 to 30 inches from the spring.
Even though it is down, I think it is still higher than the norm for Sept. 1

I am wondering why they still have the 5 MPH limit 600 feet from shore.

Ken
Old 09-03-2017, 07:41 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default Speed Limit

I just returned from Alexandria Bay. I was speaking with the NY Sate Park police today and they informed me that on Fri. afternoon (Sept.1), after PRA had posted this, our tyrant, dictator governor extended the 5mph speed limit until Oct. 2. It was set to expire on Sept. 2.
I observed near normal water levels wherever I went. People I spoke with in A-Bay said that the water levels are where they usually are at the beginning of June and there never is a restriction then. No need for it now either.

Last edited by WHIPLASH; 09-03-2017 at 07:45 PM. Reason: not finished
Old 09-05-2017, 12:22 PM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by WHIPLASH
I just returned from Alexandria Bay. I was speaking with the NY Sate Park police today and they informed me that on Fri. afternoon (Sept.1), after PRA had posted this, our tyrant, dictator governor extended the 5mph speed limit until Oct. 2. It was set to expire on Sept. 2.
I observed near normal water levels wherever I went. People I spoke with in A-Bay said that the water levels are where they usually are at the beginning of June and there never is a restriction then. No need for it now either.

We were in the Bay on Sunday and water is where it would be early season. Saw the postings for the extended speed deal as well. Also stopped in Morristown on way home to check out the launch there and found plenty of water there. Should be fine to launch there. This end is just low, where it would be mid fall in a normal year. Early season the Gov took issue with the Power Authority over the high water as it was hurting boaters and folks on the upper end of the river, now it's all fine there, an issue down here, no word from the Gov. Must be more voters up there.

Far as the Poker Run, no reason they can't have it the same as the Charity Run did, they had to deal with the speed limit as well as even higher water.

Last edited by RaggedEdge; 09-05-2017 at 12:25 PM.
Old 09-08-2017, 05:46 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Wine festival in ABay ? Better make that a wHine festival.....blower whine that is.

Always a great time on the river, looking forward to seeing everyone there !
Old 09-08-2017, 02:11 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by minxguy
Water must be down 24 to 30 inches from the spring.
Even though it is down, I think it is still higher than the norm for Sept. 1

I am wondering why they still have the 5 MPH limit 600 feet from shore.

Ken
I got my very first water speed ticket there during pirate days. Funny someone following on a jet ski, no lights. Had me thinking I was dragging something. Oh brother. 🤣 limit at the time is 5 mph between alex bay and light house just after the bridge. He was riting me ticket while 10 other boats boogied by. It is normally 30 mph there. Cant help thinking. Would he hve givin up if i was into the throttles . Loud red and white boats must attract attention . I was there augg 11-20 maybe they lifted the speed by now