Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Poker Runs and Boating Events
1000 Islands Charity Poker Run >

1000 Islands Charity Poker Run

Notices

1000 Islands Charity Poker Run

Old 02-28-2018, 05:38 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

As tomorrow nears and registration opens at 12:00pm EST, I can't help but remember what a great event this charity poker run was in 2017. The event committee and Clayton received high marks for a first year event from many industry/poker run veterans who appreciate and recognize high quality poker run experiences.

For 2018, the list of participants who intend to enjoy the 1000 Islands Charity Poker Run is simply incredible. As awesome as the boats and other hardware will be, the generosity and camaraderie of the owners and crews will certainly be the highlight of the event.

The chance to participate in a boating event situated in a region recognized around the world as one of the most scenic boating destinations globally is certainly exciting. The opportunity to support worthwhile charities while enjoying the company of like-minded individuals is definitely rewarding.

Anyone considering attending had better register early.......or be content waiting another year to experience all that this event has to offer.
Old 03-01-2018, 08:12 AM
Where To
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

We are excited to be a part of the Poker Run again this year, not as a participant, but as a volunteer again.

Adding Make A Wish as a recipient is awesome too!

Great job to the committee on putting a vast amount of effort into this run. We will be there to assist anyone as well!

Register quick, I think this will sell out real fast.

Looking forward to to seeing all of fimilar faces in July! Thanks to you all for supporting this run.

Best All,
Dave
Old 03-01-2018, 09:41 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 493 Likes on 229 Posts

Originally Posted by axapowell
We are excited to be a part of the Poker Run again this year, not as a participant, but as a volunteer again.

Adding Make A Wish as a recipient is awesome too!

Great job to the committee on putting a vast amount of effort into this run. We will be there to assist anyone as well!

Register quick, I think this will sell out real fast.

Looking forward to to seeing all of fimilar faces in July! Thanks to you all for supporting this run.

Best All,
Dave
Dave,
Thank you and the entire committee for all the hard work to organize such an amazing event. This years event is without a doubt going to be even better than last year. Wendy, Myself and the entire MD crew that are staying at A-Bay look forward to seeing you and Gail...hanging out at the boat house having drinks and tons of laughs.... We will try not to decorate your boat too much this year...LOL.

See you soon Big Brother...

Chris
Old 03-01-2018, 11:49 AM
Registered

Received 698 Likes on 341 Posts

Anyone else having issues? Keeps getting kicked back saying form not complete but it is.
Old 03-01-2018, 04:21 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 790 Likes on 257 Posts

Originally Posted by Unlimited jd
Anyone else having issues? Keeps getting kicked back saying form not complete but it is.
The interface with PayPal was jacked but they stepped up and added a "pay at door" that will really be an invoice sent to you. I got MAD PROPS in and look forward to the event.

This will be the first stop on a 7 week/4 event tour that ends at Lake Powell in mid-September.
Old 03-01-2018, 04:58 PM
Registered

Received 698 Likes on 341 Posts

That’s a long ride from pompano. See you there
Old 03-02-2018, 12:22 PM
Registered

Received 217 Likes on 75 Posts

i wasnt able to use a pay at the door option. i emailed them and got a invoice sent. now i just need to get to the office and log in and pay it. Wonder how many registries ?
Old 03-11-2018, 12:02 PM
VIP Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All..... I can't stress it enough, if you're thinking of coming to the 1000 Islands Charity Poker Run, you're going to want to register ASAP. With the number of registered at 92 on Thursday (3/7) we're filling up fast. So with that said we do have a "we're full" number on the dartboard. Clayton is a beautiful community nestled in along the banks of the St Lawrence River and once its full... no worries, there are other wonderful accommodations within 10 - 15 mins drive. Reach out to us and we will help you find something. We will have a shuttle running between Clayton and Alex Bay on Friday and Saturday nights. One last thing please remember that this unbelievably talented group of VOLUNTEERS is pouring their heart and souls into this so we can make this an unforgettable experience for you, your family and friends. We're on the proverbial map but with your help, we can make this new event one of the top runs in the country. Thank you to all that participated last year, all who have registered for this year and to everybody thinking of registering. Stay tuned, more to come!! Sincerely, Bobby Cantwell - President, 1000 Islands Charity Poker Run.