Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Poker Runs and Boating Events (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/poker-runs-boating-events-19/)
-   -   Panhandle Boating Events (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/poker-runs-boating-events/370984-panhandle-boating-events.html)

26 Outlaw Bad Influence 03-28-2021 09:36 PM

Panhandle Boating Events

Anyone know of any power boating events along the panhandle of Florida? Preferably Apalachicola to Orange Beach. We spend most time boating between Panama City Beach and Pensacola.

F14A water jet 03-29-2021 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by 26 Outlaw Bad Influence (Post 4783462)
Anyone know of any power boating events along the panhandle of Florida? Preferably Apalachicola to Orange Beach. We spend most time boating between Panama City Beach and Pensacola.

I am new to powerboating in the area. I am trying to rebuild after hurricane Sally last year. I believe the Emerald Coast Poker Run is the big one. I am on the Old River side of Perdido Key and hopefully we'll have an open dock gathering later this summer. I am encouraging flybuys and visits from my offshoreonly Friends

26 Outlaw Bad Influence 03-29-2021 08:31 AM

Flyby

I may have communicated with you before, but IM me some location/landmark info and we’ll do our best. Emerald Coast seems to get canceled lately. Not sure about this year.

Dave M 04-02-2021 10:06 AM

I'm going to be in Perdido Key later this month. What are some dock bar / boater hang outs in the area?

fasthawk6 04-09-2021 06:10 AM

Originally Posted by 26 Outlaw Bad Influence (Post 4783462)

Little off topic, we have boated from Ft Walton to Florabama, we would like to go from Ft,Walton to Panama city,. Can it be done by the IC without much hassle?

26 Outlaw Bad Influence 04-09-2021 10:30 AM

We boat between Panama City and Destin often. That run is easy. No no wake zones accept at Destin bridge /Crab Island. The run from there is in Santa Rosa Sound. Never done that part, but is short to Ft.Walton so suspect it’s fine. Just a little over an hour for us from Destin to Panama City.

F14A water jet 04-09-2021 12:46 PM

Hopefully, when my dock is fully functional, we will be able to host some gatherings near Florabama, etc...and join some runs to Destin/Ft. Walton.

cheech 04-09-2021 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by fasthawk6 (Post 4785104)
Little off topic, we have boated from Ft Walton to Florabama, we would like to go from Ft,Walton to Panama city,. Can it be done by the IC without much hassle?

Originally Posted by 26 Outlaw Bad Influence (Post 4785150)
We boat between Panama City and Destin often. That run is easy. No no wake zones accept at Destin bridge /Crab Island. The run from there is in Santa Rosa Sound. Never done that part, but is short to Ft.Walton so suspect it’s fine. Just a little over an hour for us from Destin to Panama City.

To get from Ft. Walton to Panama City on the inside, don't you have to go across, to the east side of the Choctawhatchee bay, grab the IC there?
Depending on where he's leaving from in Ft. Walton he might not be in Santa Rosa sound?
Or he'd never go through the East Pass/ Destin bridge?
I'm asking to clarify for myself also.

26 Outlaw Bad Influence 04-09-2021 07:20 PM

Correct. East across Choctawatchee bay. You will pass on the north side of Crab Island (not an island but a big boater hangout that’s shallow). Across the bay east, then into what is essentially a long wide ditch they dug between Choctawatchee bay and West Bay. Then south through the bay to St Andrews bay. Shell Island is the hangout there.

26 Outlaw Bad Influence 04-09-2021 07:26 PM

We have a place at the Origin condo across the street from Sharky’s on Panama City Beach. Also kids in Pensacola, so we’re at one or the other but mostly Shell Island or Crab Island.