metro beach poker run/lake st. clair

Notices

metro beach poker run/lake st. clair

Old 12-14-2003, 07:19 PM
ragman

Default metro beach poker run/lake st. clair

The Metro Beach poker run is the weekend of Aug
20th-23 2004.
More info to follow after the 1st of the year.
Have a great holiday.

Thanks
Mike Raguso
Event Chairman Metro Beach.

Old 01-19-2004, 03:24 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mike, I tried to PM you but it looks like you are not set up to receive them. I just realized the Poker Run is the same weekend as the dream cruise, I hope that does not effect your attendance. After reading OSO for a year now it seems like it is full of gear heads both on and off the water. Maybe you should get a bus and take everyone to Woodward on Friday night. I am trying to promote the run to the cops guys, so the cruise might be of interest to them.
I am hoping that you decided not to go with the over-night in the middle of the run idea.
I hope you are having a good winter.
Donna
Old 01-26-2004, 06:47 AM
ragman

Donna,

The run will be just like last year with some new
stops.
I dont think the cruise will hurt us, they can still
go to the cruise on Sunday if they wish.
More info will be posted in the next couple of weeks.

Mike

Old 03-22-2004, 10:17 AM
Registered

It is confirmed Mike called and said the run is canceled.
Some sponsors did not come through and worse yet a few from last year never came up with the cash that they had promised. Mike and his partner to cover some of the expenses out of their own pockets,

Putting together these events is a lot of work, thanks for a good time last year hopefully we can look forward
to a run in the future.

Last edited by Ms PatriYacht; 03-24-2004 at 08:52 AM.
Old 03-24-2004, 12:06 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default METRO BEACH RUN

Why not advertise the event as a "fun run" with making the same stops as last year. Most people come to these events because they just want to run their boats with other performance boats. People can bring their own food and drinks and make it an all day affair on Saturday or if people want to come early they can get a slip on Friday nite.
Capt'n Avenger
Old 03-24-2004, 12:49 PM
Registered

I like the idea of fun runs a lot. That's why COPS out of Chicago has become such a strong organization. They were able to get a group together and start making fun inexpensive runs, & it just started snowballing.
I wish there was a club like that on Lake St Clair. In talking to Lenny at Millennyum I suggested he start one
I posted a thread on the Lake St Clair web site to see if there were any OS groups, from what I can tell there is not. There are a handful of boats doing some fun runs & a few mid week poker runs.

Were you boating back in the early 90's when MOCA was around? For a while it was organized like a club, but then it started to revolve only around a poker run. Resurrecting that concept might be a good idea.

I would not mind being part of the organizing group for an OS club. Unfortunately we have not spent much time on the lake in recent years so we are not acquainted with many of the boaters. Are you friendly with a lot of other off shore boaters, and would you be interested in a club (in the loose sense of the word).
Donna

Last edited by Ms PatriYacht; 03-24-2004 at 12:58 PM.
Old 03-25-2004, 08:27 PM
Registered

Originally posted by Ms PatriYacht
Were you boating back in the early 90's when MOCA was around? For a while it was organized like a club, but then it started to revolve only around a poker run. Resurrecting that concept might be a good idea.

I would not mind being part of the organizing group for an OS club. Unfortunately we have not spent much time on the lake in recent years so we are not acquainted with many of the boaters. Are you friendly with a lot of other off shore boaters, and would you be interested in a club (in the loose sense of the word).
Donna
Hey Donna,

INSTIGATOR here.
As I mentioned on the www.lakestclair.net board, I'm "IN".
Old 03-25-2004, 08:45 PM
Registered

Hey Steve,
glad to see you surface here, I'm tying to stir up some interest for Lake St Clair activities; glad your in.
Do you know Mactonite, like you he is not a regular.

I still would love to get the "old" MOCA going again, think we could talk Lenny into being the headquarters???

Woops I had to come back and edit, Ian must have changed the log in to his account sure is a pain sharing the computer
Donna
Old 04-02-2004, 08:56 AM
Registered

Default METRO RUN

HEY DONNA,
Mactonite here, Michael, is my real name. Do you run a BT? I know several people at BT, and have been a few poker runs on their boats. Very nice!
I am registered on LSCN as well, under the handle Captn' Avenger. Have you talked to Lenny yet about being the "hub" of a poker run club? I would definitely be interested in helping organize this. Are you going to participate in " The Raft" ? Maybe we can do a run the day before on Saturday? Let's keep in touch and try and start promoting the idea. I'll try and reach some on the people from LSCN that I have met on their fun runs and see who is interested. Even if we kept it simple and charged $50 - $100 boat to cover advertising expenses, maybe some prizes and a BBQ lunch or dinner for all participants I think we could draw a nice crowd. Another idea might be to make it a water rally ( instead of a road rally) and have people collect things along their way, just a thought.
Michael
Captn' Avenger
Old 04-02-2004, 10:21 AM
Registered

Hi Michael
Yes we have a BT, I don't know when the raft off is.
I made several posts on the LSCN under the topic any off shore clubs on Lake St Claire. There seems to be some interest on fun runs and some ideas gelling. I still am about fun runs more than poker runs I know$100 or $50 is not a lot but I only want to do that a few times, especially with gas prices; just getting your boat on the lake is costing big..........

In addition to day runs I enjoy going places as a group, Bayfield, Grand Bend, Put in Bay, or even to Lake MI. We like spending the night on the boat in a marina. We trailer so we find ourselves on Lake MI a lot.

Your ideas sound great. I think someone should take the reigns and start a thread "OffShore fun club starting on LSC who wants in" on the LSCN. I am just a newbie over there and have been out of touch on the lake, so I don't want to start it, but I will join and help out. Perhaps we could have a gathering somewhere like Jacks on a Friday evening. We might be able to work something out with Lenny to have his place act as a hub. He seems like a great guy, and he is our favorite mechanic.

Do you trailer your boat, if not where do you keep it. Ian and I boat with our two little Yorkies, (no kids) who usually goes along with you.
Donna

Quick Reply: metro beach poker run/lake st. clair

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.