Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Poker Runs and Boating Events
Poker Runs West Kicks Off West Coast >

Poker Runs West Kicks Off West Coast

Notices

Old 02-04-2004, 01:54 PM
Frisky1

Poker Rusn West first two events April 2-4 in San Diego and April 16 & 17 in Las Vegas / Mead sure will kick off the season in style.

Want an earlier start join in the fun run from Long Beach February 14. Meet up about 10 at the docks in Long Beach or by the Queen Mary.

Old 02-04-2004, 04:24 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Who is in charge of Poker Runs West now?
Old 02-04-2004, 07:35 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you have any more info on the San Diego run????
Old 02-04-2004, 07:35 PM
Registered

It would be fun to piss off some blow boaters in San Diego Harbor.
Old 02-04-2004, 08:11 PM
Registered

If the same guy that was running it about four or five years ago is still in charge, I wouldnt wast my time to boat with him. But maybe its worth showing up to do a little collections work! Still waiting for a reply to see whos in charge?
Old 02-04-2004, 09:24 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

We were at the Mead run in 2001 and had a great time, but how about the water level there now? Looking at the entry form right now...
Tom
Old 02-04-2004, 11:54 PM
Frisky1

Chris Ayres is in charge of Poker Runs West and always has been. If Mr. Know It All has anything of substance to say he should call Chris at 916-652-7022. I am sure Chris would be happy to arrange a meeting to discuss "collections".

Paradise Point Resort is HQ for the San Diego Run and all of the Barefoot Bar docks have been rented by PRW. Roy Gaertig of Sundace Marine / Formula is the local sponsor and docking will be available at his facility about 500 feet from Paradise Point. More info on all events will be posted within 10days.

The Lake Mead America's Sweethearts Hot Rod Run was a blast in 2001 and this one is shaping up to be the same. The bureau of reclamation forecasts the lake to drop about 4 feet by April 15 and continue to drop after that. Seems like the earlier the better to get a good run in at Mead.

Old 02-05-2004, 12:20 AM
Registered

Seems like "Frisky1=Chris Ayres" ?
Old 02-05-2004, 09:16 AM
Registered

Chris Ayres is in charge of Poker Runs West and always has been. If Mr. Know It All has anything of substance to say he should call Chris at 916-652-7022. I am sure Chris would be happy to arrange a meeting to discuss "collections".
I have a better idea, lets keep it public. If you are in fact Mr. Ayres, you may remember a photo shoot about 5 years ago that you arranged out of oceanside with the Cigarette Playboy boat. To impress those who showed for the event Mr. Ayres employed a Helo to take pictures. The shoot went well and pictures as well as negatives were sent. Quality of the pics could not have been in question, do to the fact that they appeared in Poker Runs West periodical. The $600 bill for the Helo, Photographer, and costs incurred (Yes $600 for a full photo shoot) was never paid and the owner of the start up photography company went out of business over the ordeal. Mr. Ayres, who to that point in time was very good at return phone calls fell off the face of the earth. Jogging your memory any Chris?
As for the owner of the photography company, he came back strong and is Leary of individuals such as Mr. Ayres. He also built a strong clientele and can be taken at his word in the West Coast Boating community. So its a small little world isnt it Chris? $600 left unpaid to a 23 year old pilot trying to pay his way through school can bite you in the ass when he makes his mark in the boating and recovery industry. So do you remember me now Chris? I have been keeping tabs on you. And yes, I am now in collections, aint life a ***** when your dishonest.
As for Roy sponsoring your run, God what a team. You two are perfect together. So lets hear a response? And show some tact by keeping it on the board, I will take your calls now like you took mine then.
Old 02-05-2004, 04:44 PM
Registered

Ouch.......

Quick Reply: Poker Runs West Kicks Off West Coast

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.