Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Poker Runs and Boating Events
Poker Runs West Kicks Off West Coast >

Poker Runs West Kicks Off West Coast

Notices

Poker Runs West Kicks Off West Coast

Old 02-05-2004, 05:22 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Havent seen a reply, or any other post all day from Frisky1.
Hmmmm?
Old 02-05-2004, 08:58 PM
Frisky1

The Playboy Cigarette Introduction event was run out of Dana Point and was coordinated by Chris Ayres for the agency producing the launch for Cigarette and Playboy Enterprises. Any helicopter work for that shoot was contracted for by by the agency or others and not Chris Ayres.

If you want to make disparaging remarks about Chris Ayres, Roy Gaertig or anyone else I suggest you do so directly to them. Since you are in collections and if you really provided a service worthy of compensation and did not get paid for it why don't you file the appropriate claims and leave this board open for discussions about boating. PRW and Chris Ayres have always been reachable and quite visable. Seems to be a little confusion on your part and most definately an immature and inappropriate method to deal with an alledged business disagreement. If this board is used to argue the merits of disagreements with companies in the marine industry there will not be any time for general boating discussions. Take it to the appropriate venue.

Old 02-06-2004, 01:31 PM
Registered

]
The Playboy Cigarette Introduction event was run out of Dana Point and was coordinated by Chris Ayres for the agency producing the launch for Cigarette and Playboy Enterprises. Any helicopter work for that shoot was contracted for by by the agency or others and not Chris Ayres.
If you are in fact Chris, why do you keep referring to yourself in the 3rd person? Just come out and say it.

To address a few misconceptions you have stated:
"If you want to make disparaging remarks about Chris Ayres, Roy Gaertig or anyone else I suggest you do so directly to them."

I make disparaging comments to Roy Gaertig every chance I get. Usually at boat shows considering he does not show his face at many local runs, possibly due to the fact that most participants would publicly humiliate him for his own wrong doings in the boating industry, But lets stick to the topic of Mr. Ayres and the Cig run.

"Since you are in collections and if you really provided a service worthy of compensation and did not get paid for it why don't you file the appropriate claims and leave this board open for discussions about boating."

As stated before, I was finishing flight school at the time and was trying to make some side money to pay for an education. I had neither the time, nor resources to track down a person who had fallen delinquint on a bill. And the only contact number I had was never answered.

"PRW and Chris Ayres have always been reachable and quite visable."

Not when they owe you money!

"The Playboy Cigarette Introduction event was run out of Dana Point and was coordinated by Chris Ayres for the agency producing the launch for Cigarette and Playboy Enterprises. Any helicopter work for that shoot was contracted for by by the agency or others and not Chris Ayres."

The call I received was from Chris Ayres of Poker Runs West. Not a publicity company. All work was contracted by Chris Ayres of Poker Runs West not a publicity company. Photos and Negatives were sent and received by Chris Ayres of Poker Runs West and not a publicity company. And the Bill was unpaid by Chris Ayres of Poker Runs West and not a publicity company. Being the owner and chief pilot of the company I took the phone calls and spoke to Mr. Ayres of Poker Runs West and not a publicity company. So you tell me how the publicity company is delinquent, and not Mr. Ayres?

"Seems to be a little confusion on your part and most definitely an immature and inappropriate method to deal with an alledged business disagreement."

I believe the confusion is placed on the individual referring to themselves in the 3rd person. And my maturity is far less at question as Mr. Ayres integrity. As for inappropriate, you posted 11 times on this board, all of them free advertising of a company that fails to pay there bills. I would say that my actions are not only appropriate, but eye opening.

"If this board is used to argue the merits of disagreements with companies in the marine industry there will not be any time for general boating discussions. Take it to the appropriate venue."

This board is the appropriate venue! Stick around awhile and watch groups like SCOPE, COPS, NJPPC and others get commended time and time again for great dealings, and promoting our sport. Members of this board post opinions on dealings with clubs, dealers, and shops across the world and post the good with the bad. Ask Roy why he does not post here? The honest are commended and crooks are condemned.
So I'll ask you again Chris, Do you remember me yet?[
Old 02-06-2004, 01:40 PM
Registered

Lets face it Chris, you didnt pay a bill, hid from the person you owed, and when you popped your head up for free publicity, I was standing there.
Its Ironic.

Its not like I am coming after you for the money now. Just be accountable for what you did (Or failed to do)?

I hope for the sake of the sport you have changed and will promote the sport in an honest and positive manor.
Good luck with your future dealings.

MD
Old 02-23-2004, 05:43 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Frisky1 has left the building?
Old 02-24-2004, 08:00 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally posted by IDRPSTF
Lets face it Chris, you didnt pay a bill, hid from the person you owed, and when you popped your head up for free publicity, I was standing there.
Its Ironic.

Its not like I am coming after you for the money now. Just be accountable for what you did (Or failed to do)?

I hope for the sake of the sport you have changed and will promote the sport in an honest and positive manor.
Good luck with your future dealings.

MD
Ouch!! Paybacks are a beeeotch!! I know that you didn't get your money, but that had to feel good!!!