Sarasota Offshore Showdown Spring Poker Run-official info

Notices

Sarasota Offshore Showdown Spring Poker Run-official info

Old 03-04-2004, 08:51 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Sarasota Offshore Showdown Spring Poker Run-official info

Okay wake makers here's the lowdown.

The official dates are Friday May 14th through Sunday May 16th, with the poker run Saturday May 15. The Hyatt is the host hotel. They have blocked off rooms for us. Rates are $ 115.00 standard room/$ 125.00 deluxe room-double occupancy. ( $60.00 off normal rates)
Add $ 10.00 for 3 or 4 people. We have the marina reserved from noon Friday through noon Sunday. Overflow docking provided by the "Quay" next door, sharing the Hyatt Basin. No docking fees. Free parking of land vehicles as well. Arrangements can be provided for parking of tow rigs. Complimentary health club. And of course, "the BoatHouse". Reservations made individually by calling the Hyatt at 941-953-1234 (ask for the reservation desk) or 800-233-1234 (this is "Hyatt Central", ask for the Hyatt Sarasota). Identify yourself as part of the Sarasota Offshore Showdown group. Cut off date is April 29, 2004

Registration fee for the poker run is $ 75.00 per boat with Captain and First Mate. $ 10.00 for each "extra" person on board your boat. Includes 2 "official" poker run tee shirts, and one poker hand. Additional tee shirts may be purchased for only $ 10.00. Additional poker hands may be purchased for only $ 20.00 per hand. There will be a "pool side" party after the poker run with finger food supplied.

Prizes will be awarded as follows.

Best Poker Hand: $ 1,000.00
2nd Best Poker Hand: $ 500.00
Worst Poker Hand: $ 250.00
Best "Poker Run" boat: $ 500.00
Fathest traveled: $ 250.00

This is all about just getting together and having fun. All proceeds will benefit the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation and the Sarasota Chapter of PAL.

To register for this poker run or for any other questions please contact me via email at:
[email protected] or 941-544-1375.
My fax # is 941-484-0343
Please include all pertinent information.

PLEASE NOTE: Our group will not be "in the Hyatt system" until Tues/Wed. of next week (March 9/10).
Not in the computer yet. Sorry for the delay...
Let's Party..........

March 10, 04 - We are in the Hyatt's system. You may now register to stay at the Hyatt.

You may pre-register for the poker run by mailing a check for the $ 75.00 made out to the "Sarasota Offshore Showdown (SOS) Foundation for Kids, Inc." to"

Russ Snyder
468 Ceil Dr.
Nokomis, Fl / 34275

Registration for the poker run may also be made at the event by either cash, check, or credit card on site at the Hyatt. If you plan on registering at the event, please contact me beforehand so I can keep a tab on the numbers. Thank you....
Attached Thumbnails Sarasota Offshore Showdown Spring Poker Run-official info-ol.jpg  

Last edited by Formula Outlaw; 03-25-2004 at 03:01 PM.
Old 03-04-2004, 08:55 PM
Banned

You can't beat that deal. Great spot to start, and great boating area. Count us in!
Old 03-04-2004, 09:14 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

Not such a good date the same as tha MIAMI SBI race.
Old 03-04-2004, 09:24 PM
Registered

Originally posted by Ryan Beckley
Only date available......
Old 03-05-2004, 07:10 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Formula

Give me a ring so to discuss. I'll make sure all the information is forwarded to the OPBA (130) members here in st Pete/ Tampa.

Looking forward to a great weekend.

Maximus

(Marc)
727-898-6900

BTW ..when was that pic taken/ Sposon in front of OL is my old boat
Old 03-05-2004, 07:13 AM
Banned

Marc, it was discussed at the last Opba meeting. You coming saturday to the Pub?
Old 03-05-2004, 07:32 AM
Registered

That photo was taken at last year's OPBA Spring Poker Run. I was the card boat anchored off City Island in front of the boat show. Was told when Bob's OL took off, it shook every window in every boat at the boat show. COOL..................
Old 03-05-2004, 07:59 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Ryan Beckley
Are you Sure???

I have the SBI Schedule tacked up to the wall in front of my desk, and it says Miami is APRIL 16-18, not MAY???

Lemme know if something is different, I would like to do both, but if they are the same day, I am going to have to do some thinking?????
Old 03-05-2004, 08:03 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Sarasota Offshore Showdown Spring Poker Run-official info

Originally posted by Formula Outlaw
Okay wake makers here's the lowdown.

The official dates are Friday May 14th through Sunday May 16th, with the poker run Saturday May 15. The Hyatt is the host hotel. They have blocked off rooms for us. Rates are $ 115.00 standard room/$ 125.00 deluxe room-double occupancy. ( $60.00 off normal rates)
Add $ 10.00 for 3 or 4 people. We have the marina reserved from noon Friday through noon Sunday. Overflow docking provided by the "Quay" next door, sharing the Hyatt Basin. No docking fees. Free parking of land vehicles as well. Arrangements can be provided for parking of tow rigs. Complimentary health club. And of course, "the BoatHouse". Reservations made individually by calling the Hyatt at 941-953-1234 or
800-233-1234. Identify yourself as part of the SOS Poker/Fun Run. Cut off date is April 29, 2004

Registration fee for the poker run is $ 75.00 per boat with Captain and First Mate. $ 10.00 for each "extra" person on board your boat. Includes 2 "official" poker run tee shirts, and one poker hand. Additional tee shirts may be purchased for only $ 10.00. Additional poker hands may be purchased for only $ 20.00 per hand. There will be a "pool side" party after the poker run with finger food supplied.

Prizes will be awarded as follows.

Best Poker Hand: $ 1,000.00
2nd Best Poker Hand: $ 500.00
Worst Poker Hand: $ 250.00
Best "Poker Run" boat: $ 500.00
Fathest traveled: $ 250.00

This is all about just getting together and having fun. All proceeds will benefit the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation and the Sarasota Chapter of PAL.

To register for this poker run or for any other questions please contact me via email at:
[email protected] or 941-544-1375.
My fax # is 941-484-0343
Please include all pertinent information.

Let's Party..........
Formula,

The Hyatt is where we met up for the New Years Day run, right????

Do you know if we will be able to use the ramp right around the corner, and if so, can trailers be left there overnight, or will the hotel have room for them?? We will be there either with our boat, or as a passenger bummin' a ride from someone else if the boat is not ready by then(I have Cuda's luck), and as long as its not the same Date as SBI. What time on Sat. do you plan on starting the run??

Rick
Old 03-05-2004, 08:09 AM
Banned

Rick, that is the same hotel as where we met NYD. I think you are allowed to leave the trailers there overnight. Great spot for a party! Where's your buddy Tim been lately?

Quick Reply: Sarasota Offshore Showdown Spring Poker Run-official info

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.