Search: Posts Made By: Barnacle Bill
Showing results 1 to 9 of 9
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Forum: General Q & A
06-10-2021, 11:56 AM
Replies: 13
Views: 1,743
Posted By Barnacle Bill

Just for S&G's, check the wiring going to the...

Just for S&G's, check the wiring going to the fuel pump. My starboard engine was doing that and I found out the previous owner rigged a splice for the positive wire that would come loose and then...
05-25-2021, 09:09 AM
Replies: 8
Views: 681
Posted By Barnacle Bill

And please make sure you use plumber's tape or...

And please make sure you use plumber's tape or the goo on them when you reinstall. I've had friends skip that and it made things difficult for them.
05-24-2021, 08:32 AM
Replies: 59
Views: 8,342
Posted By Barnacle Bill

Good to hear. I regularly do a FI cleaning on...

Good to hear. I regularly do a FI cleaning on everything I own once a month using something similar to what's in the link, but I fill it with Seafoam. It doesn't take much for it to work, either....
05-13-2021, 09:33 AM
Replies: 5
Views: 2,046
Posted By Barnacle Bill

I always put two marbles in the paint cup and...

I always put two marbles in the paint cup and swirled them around after a few passes to keep the metallics spread out evenly in the paint :ernaehrung004:
05-12-2021, 10:35 AM
Replies: 20
Views: 2,411
Posted By Barnacle Bill

Both pumps on this engine prime and are new. One...

Both pumps on this engine prime and are new. One gets it from the tank to the main pump and the main, well...sends it to the rail. I have two batteries per engine and all are new. Voltage is where it...
05-11-2021, 11:33 AM
Replies: 20
Views: 2,411
Posted By Barnacle Bill

The false over heat code went away, but not the...

The false over heat code went away, but not the starting issue when engine is at running temp.

As for the ECM, they are the MEFI-1 and I don't know who programmed them. I did send the spares off...
Forum: Excalibur
01-08-2021, 08:45 AM
Replies: 2
Views: 2,776
Posted By Barnacle Bill

Powder Coat will hold up better. If you want...

Powder Coat will hold up better. If you want the polished look, then polish them up and use clear powder coat to protect it.
09-11-2020, 10:00 AM
Replies: 10
Views: 4,925
Posted By Barnacle Bill

There are plenty of videos on Youtube, but the...

There are plenty of videos on Youtube, but the best way to learn from my experience, is spend time at the helm with somebody knowledgeable there to assist.
05-23-2020, 04:40 PM
Replies: 15
Views: 3,957
Posted By Barnacle Bill

Why not take it to a boat detailer who can wet...

Why not take it to a boat detailer who can wet sand, polish, (both of those if needed), wash, etc.... and bring the paint or shine of the gel back up to par. I’m part of the boat retailers group on...
Showing results 1 to 9 of 9