Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Powerboat P1 (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/powerboat-p1-238/)
-   -   King of Shaves Penalized ??? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/powerboat-p1/165700-king-shaves-penalized.html)

SHARKEY-IMAGES 08-09-2007 06:57 AM

King of Shaves Penalized ???

What was the reason for King of Shaves being given a penalty in the Germany race ??? :confused:

wcmarine 08-10-2007 06:25 PM

What penalty was that?? Where did you hear this?

Boatlesss 08-10-2007 06:46 PM

Might have found what he was referring to.

http://www.powerboatp1.com/documents/results/11.pdf

Looks like maybe you went a bit too fast? 0.558 mph

SHARKEY-IMAGES 08-10-2007 08:00 PM

A 1 minute Penalty equates to:

Exceeding the average by more than 2 mph but less than
4 mph measured over the whole race distance.

With only 1250 hp ? http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m...unnies/eek.gif

Downtown42 08-10-2007 08:09 PM

any updates on Goldigger?

SHARKEY-IMAGES 08-10-2007 08:26 PM

:offtopic:

Perhaps bring it up on the thread that is already started in the Forum Section it relates to ??? :confused:

wcmarine 08-11-2007 10:07 AM

Ohhh ok, yes we were given a one minute penalty, and the second place boat was given a 30 second penalty, we beat them by 40 seconds, giving us the win.
Everybody thinks we are so fast down the straight-aways, when we actually arent. OL, and the buzzi ran side by side with us the first turn, but they have to slow down, we can run through the turn wide open!! The camera crew and our celeb commentator Tiff Needel were sat on turn one at the start, and he said he has never in his life ( he has been around racing all his life, he raced at Le mans 24hr, class one offshore) seen anything go through a turn like it. Even our onboard you cannot hear the engines dip in RPM.
The Fountain/Arneson setup is unreal!
Ask Bill Mazzoni, and Taboo, if we hadnt of had all the little gremlins in 2005, which would have given us more test time, we would have won it all! I will figure out how to put the onboard video on here for all to see. You wont believe your eyes!!
Sharkey ( that speed with only 1250??) . Mickosukee just ran a two way average of 115 with stock 525's. We dont even come close to those speeds!

SHARKEY-IMAGES 08-11-2007 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by wcmarine (Post 2231021)
Sharkey ( that speed with only 1250??) . Mickosukee just ran a two way average of 115 with stock 525's. We dont even come close to those speeds!

You can't compare river glass conditions with whatever 525 + hp engines in a Kilo to the true offshore conditions and heavy seas you guys are running in over there...

It's just not the same ...

According to the Official Results, there was no penalty given to the 2nd place boat OSG / Donzi Marine. Where did you see that ? :confused:

wcmarine 08-11-2007 12:56 PM

I saw the officail results and I remember now that they actually came of plane and stopped 100 yds before the finihs line so they didnt break out. But we had a 60 second lead before they did this. So as you can see even with a min penalty we were still ahead.
Outerlimits actually finished second but were DQ'd
Germany was flat calm. And we can run between 90-100 through the turns it is easy to get high lap speeds.
Just to let you know we had our engines were Dyno'd by P1. They sealed our engines at the dock in germany.
On the first run we made 624.8 hp and the second run we made 625.4 hp!! All the P1 official were there to see this.
What a lot of people do not know is that we have over 170 yrs of racing experience in our team!
Crew Chief= Mark Wilson ( my father) Professional F1 driver for 30 years. Head of Rolla Propellers for 13 yrs, ( raced against reggie on the mercury team)
Chief Mechani= Criew chief for Victory team for 10 years also for Steve Curtis before this 10+ yrs!
Matthew Tracey= Ran all racing for Victory team for 12 yrs
Ian Hawkins= Was my grandfathers and then my fathers crew chief before leaving Uk. Now heads ilmor ( 40+ yrs)
James Sheppard= Honda champion 6yrs running, 2006 SV world Champ. 10yrs racing
Me: 8 yrs racing
And then all of this backed by Reggie Fountain...
Why wouldnt the boat be this fast??? We dont need to cheat with all this experience! We are constantly changing things to go faster!!! We came over to win.

SHARKEY-IMAGES 08-11-2007 02:09 PM

So it is fact that the OSG Donzi did not receive a 30 second penalty.

The OL DQ was being protested.

Do you know if a final decision has been made on the protest ?

It is truely a shame that after the previous day's events that any team would be penalized for being off the course due to a mechanical failure...

Due to the circumstances. whether it would have been you or any of the other teams, I would have expected all of you would have done the same thing.

Hopefully the offcials do or did the right thing.