NIgel Hook's New Powerboat P1 Team and Pilot Annouced

Notices

NIgel Hook's New Powerboat P1 Team and Pilot Annouced

Old 03-23-2008, 11:15 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NIgel Hook's New Powerboat P1 Team and Pilot Annouced

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Nigel Hook Announces his 2008 LUCAS OIL Team and Powerboat P1’s First Evolution Class Woman Racer

Nigel Hook is returning to Powerboat P1 and his mission for 2008—the Evolution Class World Championship title. After last year’s introduction to the circuit with the Outerlimits Powerboat team, Hook chose this year to campaign his V399 Skater—the boat in which he and former teammate, now rival, James Sheppard, won the APBA Super Vee World Championship in 2006.

Hook, with long-time sponsor LUCAS OIL, has refurbished the Skater and upgraded his Mercury power package. “We’re pleased that Nigel has again powered with Mercury Racing propulsion. He will be using our dry-sump Six drives and new ‘711 engines, developed specifically for the P1 series,” said Fred Kiekhaefer, President, “I am looking forward to a level playing sea and tough competition with Nigel in P1 racing!”

But Hook has another Ace up his sleeve—a new driver, Shelley Jory. Jory, an accomplished British racer who has competed in the Honda 4-stroke series, fielded her own Raymarine-sponsored all-woman team and won the 2005 series Championship title. Jory met Hook while she did the color commentary for P1’s radio and TV coverage in 2007. The two hit it off and plans for 2008 evolved. “I had seen Shelley race in Cowes a few years ago and was very impressed by her ability. James [Sheppard] had also come out of the Honda Series—and those boats are very tough to handle,” Hook noted, “Given my success with James, I am confident that Shelley will make the same strides in Powerboat P1 and together, we plan to make a strong run for the Championship!”

Jory, from Southampton, England, will become the first woman to compete in the Evolution class of Powerboat P1. A previous Champion of the Honda Formula 4-Stroke Series, Shelley is one of the UK's leading powerboat racers and top female competitors.

Jory was chosen by Honda in 2007 to front their ‘Hondamentalist’ TV campaign for ITV Formula One Grand Prix, and is ready for the challenge as she moves up in boat size and class. "I am delighted to have been signed by Nigel and the Lucas Oil team. I plan to capitalize on all I learned in the past four years from the hot competition in the Honda Formula 4-Stroke series. With Nigel’s skill and confidence in the boat, I am positive we are the perfect team to go hunting for a world championship!"

Nigel Hook, from Del Mar, California, finished third in the Evolution class of 2007 Powerboat P1 World Championship in the #97 LUCAS OIL Outerlimits SV40. Nigel aims to use the experience gained in his P1 debut season to add to the two World Championship crowns and two World Speed Records and numerous titles he already holds.

Hook plans to round out the team’s roster with additional pilots in the coming weeks, but has announced that veteran P1 team member, Steve Causley, will serve as Britain-based crew chief, with long-time ally, John Hanas, as his U.S. counterpart. “We will run a tight ship!” says Hook, who holds dual citizenship in both the U.S. and Britain, “Being the American team in P1, we will be extremely proud to hear our national anthem played when standing on the podium this season!”

Inducted into the American Powerboat Association (APBA) Hall of Champions in 1998, Hook looks forward to racing alongside Jory in Powerboat P1. "P1 is to boat racing what F1 is to auto racing,” says Hook, “P1 is a true World Championship, presenting racers from around the world, competing on three continents. I believe Shelley has the perfect credentials to race in the series. She has proven herself consistently, is a team player and is unrivalled at promoting her sponsors."

# # #
Photos available upon request.

For access to the online library of hi-res Powerboat P1 imagery please visit the Media section of the official Powerboat P1 website at www.powerboatp1.com
Old 03-24-2008, 09:03 PM
Registered

is anyone going to run the outer limits?
Old 03-25-2008, 06:01 AM
DriverofDonzi
Gold Member

Alright, Nigel!!! Go and win your title!!!!!!!
Old 03-25-2008, 07:25 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by screammachine
is anyone going to run the outer limits?
OSG has had a new one built and Limmi has last years boat.
Old 03-25-2008, 07:11 PM
Registered

sweetttttttttttttttttt you go nigel ..!
Old 03-26-2008, 12:57 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Congrats Nigel. Good luck this year.
Old 03-28-2008, 12:54 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Congrats Nigel, The Jersey Boyz are behind you!
Old 03-31-2008, 09:34 AM
Registered

Default #77 Lucas Oil - Shelley Jory - 03/30/2008

©Richard-page.Com / P1 Powerboat
Attached Thumbnails NIgel Hook's New Powerboat P1 Team and Pilot Annouced-rich-page_dsc1415.jpg   NIgel Hook's New Powerboat P1 Team and Pilot Annouced-rich-page_dsc1597.jpg  
Old 04-01-2008, 08:05 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts
Thumbs up

I can't wait for the start of this season !

Best of luck Nigel & Shelley.

Thanks for the pics Racewater !

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 04-01-2008, 10:37 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Racewater
©Richard-page.Com / P1 Powerboat
nigel , i need to ride with you sweetttttttttt. best of luch you 2 robbie