Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Race Talk > Powerboat P1
P1 Superstock Southhampton UK Race >

P1 Superstock Southhampton UK Race

P1 Superstock Southhampton UK Race

Old 06-17-2010, 02:32 PM
Registered

Default P1 Superstock Southhampton UK Race

Just booked a hotel for Southampton. Gonna hit the boat show and then the races sunday. Never been before. Any advice for the venue? Like where to watch from, etc? Anyone else on here going?
Old 06-19-2010, 10:50 AM
Registered

i am sure one of these guys will know, will post link to this thread and hopefully someone will give some advise from UK Boatmad
Old 06-19-2010, 11:23 AM
British member!
VIP Member

You should be able to view from the boat show itself - it's not until September though and more details will be released nearer the time. Be warned it's not exactly the same as the Miami boat show - bring an umbrella!

If it's too loud you're too old!

BananaShark Racing

British Champions 2005!
Old 06-21-2010, 04:55 AM
Registered

SuperStock will be racingduring the boat show in Southampton if you're into that kinda thing?
Old 06-22-2010, 09:50 AM
Registered

Aquafun, is UK Boatmad as website? I will have to check it out.

Cookee, September...your right! I've been living here near Oxford for a year now!

jimmydrama, my post might be misleading. It will be my first superstock race. Ive been to plenty of different powerboat races in the States before. I have looked up the Class and what its about. Obviously its not the same as the big offshore boats, but its still racing.

Ive been having withdraw from boating since living here in the UK! So anything performance, racing and boat related i'm willing check out.
Old 06-23-2010, 07:33 AM
British member!
VIP Member

Originally Posted by jadento View Post
Aquafun, is UK Boatmad as website? I will have to check it out.

Cookee, September...your right! I've been living here near Oxford for a year now!

jimmydrama, my post might be misleading. It will be my first superstock race. Ive been to plenty of different powerboat races in the States before. I have looked up the Class and what its about. Obviously its not the same as the big offshore boats, but its still racing.

Ive been having withdraw from boating since living here in the UK! So anything performance, racing and boat related i'm willing check out.
In that case you are missing the UK's version of OSO - www.boatmad.com - it really is the the place for performance boating in the UK - and it's free!

If it's too loud you're too old!

BananaShark Racing

British Champions 2005!
Old 06-23-2010, 09:43 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by cookee View Post
In that case you are missing the UK's version of OSO - www.boatmad.com - it really is the the place for performance boating in the UK - and it's free!
Im now a register user there(jadento). Will check it out more when I have more time.
Old 08-16-2010, 10:08 AM
Registered

15 a ticket for a floating grandstand
Old 09-11-2010, 02:53 PM
Registered

Were here! Did the boat show today, doing the races tomorrow. Got up to a south england morning(weather), but the day worked out great. The kids were even decent! Looking forward to the races tomorrow. Have been in contact with someone from the event(jonathon) and should be set for seeing the races tomorrow.