Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Race Talk > Powerboat P1
Powerboat GPS - Poltu Quatu >

Powerboat GPS - Poltu Quatu

Notices

Powerboat GPS - Poltu Quatu

Old 07-29-2010, 10:24 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thats bad news for me,, surely. But I am sure for the championship is better not to repeat a race in the same place
Old 07-29-2010, 01:58 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by liam
Thats bad news for me,, surely. But I am sure for the championship is better not to repeat a race in the same place
Correct
Old 09-08-2010, 02:50 AM
British member!
VIP Member

It's been a while - what news on the Nortech?

If it's too loud you're too old!

BananaShark Racing

British Champions 2005!
Old 09-09-2010, 05:09 AM
Registered

They Spirit of Belgium did not race in Bacoli, so I expect that the 2010 season is over.
Hopefully they will return in 2011 with a stronger and faster package.
Old 09-15-2010, 10:19 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by liam
They Spirit of Belgium did not race in Bacoli, so I expect that the 2010 season is over.
Hopefully they will return in 2011 with a stronger and faster package.
Of course their season is done. Where could they find another boat so quickly and neither Shelley nor Patrick could recover in time to finish the season.

As to the 2011 season, the question is will Shelley race again? If she does I think she should move up to Evolution which would raise her confidence in the enclosed cockpit.
Old 09-16-2010, 07:32 AM
British member!
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Catmando
Of course their season is done. Where could they find another boat so quickly and neither Shelley nor Patrick could recover in time to finish the season.

As to the 2011 season, the question is will Shelley race again? If she does I think she should move up to Evolution which would raise her confidence in the enclosed cockpit.
She will not race an open boat again.

If it's too loud you're too old!

BananaShark Racing

British Champions 2005!
Old 09-16-2010, 10:30 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by cookee
She will not race an open boat again.
...and who could blame her? But if liam is correct the team decision to change the CG is the cause of this near-fatal accident. It was unbalanced from the start...
Old 09-16-2010, 10:51 PM
Banned

Cookie tell Jon Fuller I can't get into boatmad now. I run Mozilla and Outlook Express doesn't recognize it for some reason so I can't get an email to him.

Thanks
Old 09-17-2010, 04:33 AM
Registered

Lets not forget that even a closed cockpit is not 100%. Surely safer but if you dont want to get hurt stay on the couach.
When Metamarine spun out in Malta trials they where doing about 95 mph, and both Ferrari and Pennesi had quite serious injuries which took them about a month to recover.
I heard the dip in PQ happened about 85mph so there is not much difference. And then in the end sometimes it depends how things happen.
The declaration of changing gravity to the Nor-Tech to improve performance was stated by Patrick and can be seen in the video of Malta if I remember well after the Powerpole. In this video he states that the Nor-Tech is fast, and indeed it is having placed two times a second, and once a third place in the the races it finished. But he still wanted that extra 1 or 2 mph in order to be able to win a race.
Weight change is always critical and a bit delicated, I know boats which went to lighter newer engines, and the result was not so good. Still I am surprised of the boats destruction!

Last edited by liam; 09-17-2010 at 04:39 AM.
Old 09-23-2010, 11:43 AM
Banned

No not 100%. American offshore racing lost two racers in a canopy boat two years ago. Then there was the Victory tragedy this year. But after the Unlimited Hydroplane circuit went to mandatory canopies, fatalities dropped 95%. OSS mandated canopy boats from its beginning. I believe OSS has suffered only one fatality since it has been in existence.