Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Powerplay (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/powerplay-52/)
-   -   33 PP Cabin (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/powerplay/130776-33-pp-cabin.html)

ActiveFun 05-22-2006 10:09 PM

33 PP Cabin

Ive learned abou new compartments in the cabin.. Do the compartments on the left and right under the cushions drain into the bilge?? I discovered new compartments which had 30 bottles of Gattoraid one one side and 30 bottles of Water on the other.. do these compartments on the 33 Sportdeck drain into the bilge??

baja27 05-23-2006 08:08 AM

Re: 33 PP Cabin

Yes they do.

Semper Fi 05-25-2006 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by baja27
Yes they do.

Good to know!

Ed 05-25-2006 06:03 PM

Those long narrow compartments under the cushions? When you are looking down at the grey gelcoat at the bottom of them, you are looking at the actual bottom of the boat, or the bilge. About 1/2" of glass between you & mother nature. Ed

ActiveFun 05-25-2006 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by Ed
Those long narrow compartments under the cushions? When you are looking down at the grey gelcoat at the bottom of them, you are looking at the actual bottom of the boat, or the bilge. About 1/2" of glass between you & mother nature. Ed

Yes those are the ones.. What are you trying to say?

JROMY 05-25-2006 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by ActiveFun
Yes those are the ones.. What are you trying to say?

...don't screw your extra fire extinguisher bracket into the compartment with 3/4" screws... :evilb:

Ed 05-26-2006 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by JROMY
...don't screw your extra fire extinguisher bracket into the compartment with 3/4" screws... :evilb:

Hahhh! Yeah, that too! .....Active, what you asked was, do these compartments drain into the bilge. I guess my point was, that the bottom of each of these compartments is the bilge. The very bottom of the bilge(vee) being only a foot & a half away. Every compartment, without exception, in all PP's, have long or short lengths of 1" PVC pipe passing through each bulkhead & transverse stringer, that allows total & eventual drainage to the transoms garboard drain plug. This was always one of my pet peavs@PP, perfect drainage. There are two lengths of 1" PVC, one on either side of the center stringer that divides the two fuel tanks under the cockpit, that run through the dash bulkhead, back through the engine compartment bulkhead. All 33's, no matter what the model, were rigged with two(2) Rule 1500 G.P.H. bilge pumps with two(2) Rule "Super" float switches, Model #35, as standard equipment. No other bilge pumps exist besides these two. Hope this helps fill in the blanks. :D Ed

ActiveFun 05-26-2006 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by Ed
Hahhh! Yeah, that too! .....Active, what you asked was, do these compartments drain into the bilge. I guess my point was, that the bottom of each of these compartments is the bilge. The very bottom of the bilge(vee) being only a foot & a half away. Every compartment, without exception, in all PP's, have long or short lengths of 1" PVC pipe passing through each bulkhead & transverse stringer, that allows total & eventual drainage to the transoms garboard drain plug. This was always one of my pet peavs@PP, perfect drainage. There are two lengths of 1" PVC, one on either side of the center stringer that divides the two fuel tanks under the cockpit, that run through the dash bulkhead, back through the engine compartment bulkhead. All 33's, no matter what the model, were rigged with two(2) Rule 1500 G.P.H. bilge pumps with two(2) Rule "Super" float switches, Model #35, as standard equipment. No other bilge pumps exist besides these two. Hope this helps fill in the blanks. :D Ed

Thanks Ed, thats great. I didnt see the drainage hole and was wondering since the old owner left beverages in both compartments I wanted to know if you can dump bags of ice in their without a problem.

OSO 06-04-2006 06:35 AM

Originally Posted by ActiveFun
Thanks Ed, thats great. I didnt see the drainage hole and was wondering since the old owner left beverages in both compartments I wanted to know if you can dump bags of ice in their without a problem.

yes you can

ActiveFun 06-05-2006 08:46 AM

Thanks guys.