How do you like your 33 >

How do you like your 33

Notices

How do you like your 33

Old 11-08-2006, 10:58 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Re: How do you like your 33

The 33 Powerplay outperforms the bigger and more expensive boats all day long. With both ride and quality of the workmanship you can not go wrong. As stated earlier, the timeless lines and looks will always be in style. Powerplays will never disappoint or leave wondering why you did not purchase something bigger or more expensive.

Just my thoughts on one of the best built V-bottom boats ever constructed.
Old 11-09-2006, 12:31 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: How do you like your 33

I've never heard a negative complaint about a 33 PP
Old 11-10-2006, 09:23 PM
The BAD Guy
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ed
Most would be surprised, if they actually took the time to measure the boat accurately & hang a couple of plumbobs off the hulls centerline, what it measures out at...contrary to what the literature stated. Not counting the thickness of the rubrail. Ed

32'7" is right from powerplay website

http://www.powerplayboats.com/showro..._id=6&offset=8
Old 01-05-2007, 05:49 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I/O 33 is just a fantastic, in your face, rough water hull. 2 of my friends are running them and they impress me every time I am on one, and that is comming from a 04 35 executioner owner.
Old 01-08-2007, 11:09 PM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

There was a terrible accident involving a powerplay 33 near marco island. You can see it on the naples news website. Apparentley the boat hit a wave, and it looks like it broke right in half. I don't know all the details, but there were several people killed. Hopefully this incident isn't indicative of Powerplays quality. The boat was noted to have stress cracks previous to the accident.
Old 01-09-2007, 08:54 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

Thoughts and prayers to all those involved.

However, this is not indicative of Powerplay's build quality.
Old 01-09-2007, 09:19 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

Concept's are nice boats...

Powerplay's are hardcore, offshore boats. The 33' design was taken from a successful raceboat that you may have heard of: a cigarette cary, which was later popped and dubbed a coyote. Then the 33' powerplay was born.

If you spend your time looking around a powerplay, I guarantee you that you will not find a boat that has such attention to detail. For example, the screws are all keyed in the rubrail. Wiring support is above and beyond. And the boat delivers a SOLID offshore ride.

The Mr. K stuff was a terrible accident. We were at the race and he was running way too hot. Its amazing how fast things can go wrong.

And for your info, outerlimits and cigarettes have stuffed and broken apart too.

Last edited by cowisl; 01-09-2007 at 09:22 AM.
Old 01-09-2007, 10:12 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by cowisl
And for your info, outerlimits and cigarettes have stuffed and broken apart too.
Agreed...It's not hard to find pics of boats that are in pieces. I didn't think it would be long until PowerPlay build quality remarks made their appearance here. Please refrain on the build quality comments until you know the history of the boat in question. Was it involved in a prior accident, hit by another boat prior to this accident, run aground, raced, stuffed, hooked, trailer accident, etc etc etc. Heck...our family Sea Ray got crushed at the fuel dock by an idiot driving a 45' Viking who had no clue how to dock it, we sustained structural damage that needed repairing. Who knows the history of this PP? Has anybody thought of driver error? Tabs were all the way down and drives tucked, possible trip and stuff scenario there. More than one boat has broken apart when that happens. My 33' is VERY sensitive to trim/tab configurations. It requires only slight input to noticeably change the ride attitude. Please spare us the speculation until the facts come out. Until then I'll have fun running mine through Long Island Sound chop.

Last edited by Indy; 01-09-2007 at 12:06 PM.
Old 01-09-2007, 07:20 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I know that there are a lot of people who may not know of the history and the very high quality of Powerplay boats thats understandable. To respect the people involved I didn't comment on some of the questionable quality remarks made in the other thread. One remark that comes to mind is that if this were a Cig or an Apache the outcome would have been different.
I would bet on the fact that this boat didn't just come apart by hitting a wave or stuffing and not hitting bottom.
In 95 Mr.K accident they found sand stuffed all the way back in the engine compartment, I feel the same thing happened here.
Old 01-09-2007, 08:12 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by XPRESS 33PP
I would bet on the fact that this boat didn't just come apart by hitting a wave or stuffing and not hitting bottom.
In 95 Mr.K accident they found sand stuffed all the way back in the engine compartment, I feel the same thing happened here.
Kennedy's plane went down in 115ft of water.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.