Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Powerquest (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/powerquest-49/)
-   -   Cabin Door (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/powerquest/118269-cabin-door.html)

Scott 12-12-2005 08:21 AM

Cabin Door

I was trying to work with the factory to resolve a track problem with the sliding cabin door. I now have to resort to plan B!
I know they tried different designs and need to change or modify mine. So any ideas or suggestions to make this thing work like it should?

powerquest 380 12-12-2005 08:24 AM

Re: Cabin Door

what is it doing?

Scott 12-12-2005 08:42 AM

The bottom track is junk! It's all strpped out and the two pieces (one behind the dash insert and the one at the walk through) do not line up. If I close the door all the way we will be trapped in or out of the cabin.

migpilot 12-12-2005 04:54 PM

Join the club Scott, I have the same problem and it requires helm disasembly to get to the poblem. I almost think it is a structural problem. I am going to attack it over the winter and fix permanetly with watever solution seems best including scrapping the whole thing and putting in zippered lether door.

powerquest 380 12-12-2005 06:09 PM

The door on my boat, 38, and on my last PQ, a 29, closed OK. But they did jump off the bottom track after a hard run, I need to push the bottom in with my toe but then its right back on track so to speak. I think Im the only one with fairly well working doors though. Theu need to make them power with steps to the deck molded in like on a cig. Sorry I cant be more help, good luck.

Scott 12-12-2005 09:02 PM

Mig,
I was planning on putting a access hatch or door in the head and trying to work on it that way. But my problem is that I don't want to work on it or feel that I should be every friggin summer like I have in the past! I have re-worked the slider blocks in the door that had the very small screws holding them in. So I drilled and tapped to a larger size and used Loc-Tite. That did solve that problem but now the track let go again with no good way of keeping it from failing (I used all of my screw options) So now what? I'm thinking of some type of thin wheel design on the bottom?
I hope that we can come up with a permanent fix especially now that were all on our own out here without any factory support :mad:

Scott 12-13-2005 07:28 AM

One other thing that may help us out, someone else made the door and track for PQ so who was it and what is their contact info? Any of you X PQ guys have the info?

Thanks

MK 12-14-2005 06:25 PM

www.aluminum2000.com

JeffGrice 12-14-2005 08:23 PM

PQ Parts Supplier

The subject of the cabin door got my attention. Thanks for the source. My door frame is separating from the panel...so I may need to contact them.

Given that PQ may or may not resume operation would it be a good idea to start a thread to get everyone's input on part sources for our boats?

We know now about the doors. And canvas - Canvas Outfitters in Holland. What about the uplostery, hatches, windshield, windsheild frame inserts, and other parts.

Is this worthwhile to do?

Jeff

Scott 12-14-2005 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by MK

Thank You!