Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Powerquest (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/powerquest-49/)
-   -   Names (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/powerquest/21992-names.html)

Kentz 04-10-2002 12:40 PM

Names

Do any of you with 34's/38's have your boat name on the stern?
There isn't much room above the swimstep. I'll I've seen are 2 foot tall vinyl on the sides of PQ's.

Thanks

Raypanic 04-10-2002 04:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Not yet, But it did have vinyl on the side when I bought it. I had it removed to do something else.

Kentz 04-10-2002 06:45 PM

Yes - that's exactly the type of placement I've seen down here!

ps. Those polished lowers are BAD A$$. congrats!.

MooseKnuckle 04-10-2002 09:59 PM

No name on ours either. Just didn't seem like the lettering would be large enough....I think it is 3.5"

Goomba II 04-12-2002 08:55 PM

Yes,my boat is documented so I had to put it on the transom. It doesn't look too bad. I removed the grab handle and placed it on the front edge of the ladder lid to give more open space making the letters more legible. If I can remember there 3" tall spelling GOOMBA II. and below the air vents on the staboard side I have the home port letters.

wms 04-17-2002 07:01 AM

I just received my documentation paperwork and have decided to put the name on the transom. Have an appointment with the vinyl guy this friday. I will ask BillR to snap a photo (I really need a digital camera) and post it on this thread.

Macklin.

BillR 04-17-2002 11:51 AM

I am not documented, but I just put 4" letters on each side of the grab rail and behind it too.
The name is Just Hit Play. I need to modify "hit" so it is more visible, but it looks OK.

I'll snap a pic when I snap Macklin's boat too.

Kentz 04-17-2002 01:09 PM

Thanks guy's. Please post pic when you can. I didn't get to the name last year. I was thinking 4" would be to tall, let me know.

Hey Bill, does that mean VYPERIZED is available?:D

ChrisK 04-22-2002 01:40 AM

I dont have a boat quite as big as you guys but i did put the name on the back of the boat as well... right below the rub rail... its tight but i had them make the lettering as tall as possible... Did a great job. it was custom printed on clear poly with a special printer. Marbleized and has the "raised"look... sounds like alot but looks awsome. Oh, the name is "dirty thoughts". I really need to get some pics... soon... really.. i mean it :D or you could just look in the brouchure for the 2001 237 SX... cause thats my boat ;)

wms 04-22-2002 07:23 AM

well, the new girl is named and legal.....ONLY CHILD.....fit perfectly on either side of the swim ladder grab rail. Then we put Virginia Beach, VA down on the leading edge of the swim platform. Turned out beautiful, and if BillR had remembered to bring his digital I would have a pic to post.

Maybe next weekend, right Bill? :D