Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Powerquest (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/powerquest-49/)
-   -   PQ General Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/powerquest/240354-pq-general-discussion.html)

AJ POWERPLAY 10-06-2010 06:14 PM

PQ General Discussion
 
Figured since we highjack everyone else's threads with 30 pages of nonsense and general BS we could have a thread of it instead... of course the world champions and other non-PQ brands are welcome also:D

verbi69 10-06-2010 06:24 PM

Ok, I'll bite......mine's faster than yours.:party-smiley-004:

AJ POWERPLAY 10-06-2010 06:48 PM

Mines bigger... but shhh:coolcowboy:

specialk 10-06-2010 07:12 PM

i'm still trying to get wet at least one more time this year.

bert4332 10-06-2010 08:39 PM

Possible Vyper MCOB
 
What's the approximate top end of a Vyper with 496s? I need a bigger boat, and I want a MCOB, so I've been looking at Advantages and Sunnys. I love the way me boat handles, so call my nutz or whatever, but I'm looking at possibly buying a Vyper and cutting the bow out. I've got a guy who's done two older Cobalts and they look good, not exactly a Sunny, but the same level as all the others. I think the Vyper would be perfect, perhaps a Revenge, but I've never been in one, so not sure about the size.

PWRQUEST 10-06-2010 09:37 PM


Originally Posted by ajfisher (Post 3224660)
Figured since we highjack everyone else's threads with 30 pages of nonsense and general BS we could have a thread of it instead... of course the world champions and other non-PQ brands are welcome also:D

Lets get them pics and video up from the river shiver

PWRQUEST 10-06-2010 09:41 PM


Originally Posted by bert4332 (Post 3224905)
What's the approximate top end of a Vyper with 496s? I need a bigger boat, and I want a MCOB, so I've been looking at Advantages and Sunnys. I love the way me boat handles, so call my nutz or whatever, but I'm looking at possibly buying a Vyper and cutting the bow out. I've got a guy who's done two older Cobalts and they look good, not exactly a Sunny, but the same level as all the others. I think the Vyper would be perfect, perhaps a Revenge, but I've never been in one, so not sure about the size.

the revenge is a small but tall boat......i think it would be the perfect boat to cut up.....:evilb::evilb:

xlt86 10-06-2010 11:01 PM

xlt 185 reping, not much of us left

AJ POWERPLAY 10-07-2010 05:11 AM


Originally Posted by bert4332 (Post 3224905)
What's the approximate top end of a Vyper with 496s? I need a bigger boat, and I want a MCOB, so I've been looking at Advantages and Sunnys. I love the way me boat handles, so call my nutz or whatever, but I'm looking at possibly buying a Vyper and cutting the bow out. I've got a guy who's done two older Cobalts and they look good, not exactly a Sunny, but the same level as all the others. I think the Vyper would be perfect, perhaps a Revenge, but I've never been in one, so not sure about the size.

Wow. Quite a project but I'm not sure a PQ is the right choice they are much deeper than say a sunny or Nordic, plus as you stated the build quality would be less bc it wouldn't be built in the mold... obviously you are going to get a much nicer ride in a Vyper as opposed to the others but sounds like more work than its worth. As far as speed with 496HO's should be around 78-79 with the right props

boatnt 10-07-2010 06:55 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by PWRQUEST (Post 3224977)
the revenge is a small but tall boat......i think it would be the perfect boat to cut up.....:evilb::evilb:

380 with 500s ,340 with 496s,300 with 496s,you cant go wrong with the 300,if speed is whats your after.

yeah they are tall!and FAAAAAAAST!!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:31 PM.


Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.