PowerQuest no longer >

PowerQuest no longer

Notices

PowerQuest no longer

Old 03-26-2011, 10:23 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PowerQuest no longer

Well the weather broke last week and decided to place my 1998 260SX on Craigslist again. It was listed in the winter for 6 weeks and didn't get one legit call. Well I sold it in two days this time. I really wasn't prepared to sell it so quickly, thought it would take at least a month, but I had 3 calls today to come look at it, and the first one took it home.

I'm definitely getting a mid-cabin next. I'm trying to work a deal on 2004 29' Lavey Craft with a single 525, don't know if I can swing it. Ya never know, I might take a 300' and cut a hole in the bow, now that would be the sh*t!!!
Old 03-27-2011, 12:27 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Its funny how attached we get to our boats. Hope it went to a good home. If I recall you had it listed for $25k. What did you sell it for?
Old 03-27-2011, 11:47 AM
Registered

$24,500, the weather made all the difference in the response to the ad. I was going to stand firm at $25k, but I'm trying to work a deal on a 29' Lavey and he came down to my price on Friday night. So I needed to sell it quick.

I just didn't think two days quick. Shocked me considering the market. Not bad selling a boat 3yrs later for 1k less than for what I purchased it, especially in this market. I worked my balls off on making it look the best it could. And it paid off, I had the last word with the wife on why I spent so much time on keeping it spotless, resale!
Old 03-27-2011, 11:57 AM
Registered

I here ya on keeping them spotless they just don't understand lol Mine is a mid and I love it
Old 03-27-2011, 02:13 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by pokey27
I here ya on keeping them spotless they just don't understand lol Mine is a mid and I love it
Love what you did to yours, I would love to that, but it's a decent cash in hand type of work. I still might do it, depends where my next boat is located. If it's near GlassDave, I just might, that way I don't have to pay for a trip up North. But I'm hoping this Lavey deal will get done, the boat has everything I want.
Old 03-27-2011, 03:53 PM
Registered

Congrats on the sale! Hopefully that's a sign of the times upcoming... thought about listing mine to see about moving up this year instead of next
Old 03-27-2011, 06:08 PM
Registered

2 years ago people were giving their boats away but now I see most people asking full price. Glad to see you got close to your asking price. The economy is starting to rebound and that means more jobs, more disposable money and people buying toys again.
Old 03-27-2011, 06:18 PM
Registered

Received 217 Likes on 112 Posts

Not many new boats been built these days,
so good used boats are getting hard to find..