98 powerquest raizor exhaust >

98 powerquest raizor exhaust

Notices

98 powerquest raizor exhaust

Old 04-03-2011, 09:33 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 98 powerquest raizor exhaust

hey everyone....the girlfriend and i are buying our first boat...we put a deposit down on a 98 powerquest raizor...just have a question about the exhaust...boat has mercruiser 454 mpi with thru hull exhaust...its kinda quiet...im not looking for ear splitting noise but i want a little rumble....what do i need to change out to get a bit more noise out of it? thanks in advance....
Old 04-03-2011, 10:20 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Take a look at the exhaust tips, some have the muffler style designed to eliminate some noise. If so just swap them out for the straight through type, you can get them almost anywhere
Old 04-03-2011, 10:22 AM
Registered
Gold Member

I would check to see if you have silincers or something like that on it. Also, the boat will sound much quieter while driving it. Have someone drive it and listen to it from the docks or another boat and you will realize what it really sounds like. My boat has the Corsa quick and quiet for the times when I do not want to distrurb others. The way my boat sits it sounds quiet from the helm but it is plenty load from the dock or running.
Old 04-03-2011, 10:29 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by ajfisher
Take a look at the exhaust tips, some have the muffler style designed to eliminate some noise. If so just swap them out for the straight through type, you can get them almost anywhere
i looked in the exhaust tips yesterday...and there was some type of plate/ restrictor up inside the tips....you recommend any certain type to replace them with? i would like to find something that will bolt right in and i wont have to try to modify anything...this is all new to me....been on boats for years but never have really worked on many of them....thanks again guys..
Old 04-03-2011, 10:40 AM
Registered

Those plates are your silent choice, they flip open when you start the boat unless your silent choice rocker switch is pressed, may want to check that. Be sure not to run your silent choice under power, you'll damage it.
Congrats on the boat start up a new thread and post up some pics!
Old 04-03-2011, 10:43 AM
Registered

Those plates are your silent choice, they flip open when you start the boat unless your silent choice rocker switch is pressed, may want to check that. Be sure not to run your silent choice under power, you'll damage it.
Congrats on the boat start up a new thread and post up some pics!
sorry....should have mentioned...the boat doesnt have silent choice...

Last edited by averagejoe074; 04-03-2011 at 10:46 AM.
Old 04-03-2011, 10:53 AM
Registered

Then those are silencer tips designed to quiet your exhaust... ditch those in favor of some straight thru tips. I can't remember if the raizor has a swim platform but if so get some longer pipes to get the sound out from underneath the platform. 288KID has some on his boat maybe he'll post up a pic

Last edited by AJ POWERPLAY; 04-03-2011 at 11:06 AM.
Old 04-03-2011, 11:00 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by averagejoe074
sorry....should have mentioned...the boat doesnt have silent choice...
I just sold my Raizor last year, it was a great first boat. I changed the stock Corsa baffled exhaust tips out for a standard set of straight thru tips. I didn't have any problems, the bolt pattern matched right up with the new tips. There was not much of a performance gain, but it sure sounded a lot better.
Old 04-03-2011, 11:03 AM
Registered

Then those are silencer tips designed to quiet your exhaust... ditch those in favor of some straight thru tips. I can't remember if the raizor has a swim platform but if so get some longer pipes to get the sound out and away from the boat. 288KID has some on his boat maybe he'll post up a pic
yea the raizor does have a swim platform.....is there any certain brand of tips i should look into? or should i just go with some flappers? the boat is identical to a baja hammer....most the hammers i looked at had flappers...
Old 04-03-2011, 11:06 AM
Registered

If you see a bolt on the bottom of your exhaust tips looking at them from the out side you should be able to take that one bolt out and your mufflers will slide right out. The get some flappers from Dana marine to put in place of the mufflers to keep water out of the engine. The other style of muffler is a square looking piece between the exhaust riser and the tips visible in the engine compartment. You can take that off and replace it with a length of rubber hose. You will need the flappers either way. The stuck rubber flappers are probably burnt off. You can tell by looking in you exhaust tip.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.