Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Powerquest (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/powerquest-49/)
-   -   ok, i need some info on 2002 34' twin HO's!!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/powerquest/251438-ok-i-need-some-info-2002-34-twin-hos.html)

noyzee 04-14-2011 02:31 PM

ok, i need some info on 2002 34' twin HO's!!!

ok, so ive been going back and forth and searching for boats and trying to figure out what to do.
i love jumping on my boat on friday after work and coming home sunday. i go to the beach a lot and to a few local places however i would love to have more room and an actual toilet and shower etc but dont want a cruiser yet . i still want to go fast.
im 30 years old and currently run a 26 checkmate zt, im looking at 33 formula SS and ive found a few and like them, but then i came across the 34 PQ which seems to be a little less space then ss but a lot more then my mate, and still fast.

please give me info on the boat. is it a good boat for me? is it solid in bad water. im limited on my mate if the seas turn up over 4 footers its a nasty ass ride and no fun.
is there a lot of space to sleep and stuff. how does it compare in big water to say a sutphen or pantera? how is the boat over all? how fast will it run loaded up with 496 ho's?

any pics or info would be great. i found what seems to be a nice one and they will give me a pretty good amount for my mate in trade

seems like this is more then my 26 but less then the 33 SS but faster and prob real good in the big water i run into on the ocean here in new england and its not an old guy boat yet.

thanks

Airpacker 04-14-2011 02:41 PM

A frined has one with 496 and it runs right around 80. Huge cabin for a 34 and rides the nasty stuff quite well.

noyzee 04-14-2011 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by Airpacker (Post 3376784)
A frined has one with 496 and it runs right around 80. Huge cabin for a 34 and rides the nasty stuff quite well.

so fully loaded with fuel, coolers etc etc should be a mid 70 mph boat and has a lot of stuff in it and comfort. the one im looking at has heat and ac, so i would buy a small honda genni to power that, the fridge and the microwave up.

i cant find anyplace, does it have a hot water heater, and shower? cant find that anyplace

verbi69 04-15-2011 10:33 AM

There is a small door located by the shelf behind the head that opens up to reveal the shower wand.
I do not know if they all have hot water heaters, the new 38 we just bought has it located below the rear cockpit seat.

AJ POWERPLAY 04-15-2011 04:26 PM

From my understanding you can have either the hot water heater or the generator not both due to them using the same space in the boat. They have very big cabins, go check one out I'm sure you won't be disappointed

Pete280 04-15-2011 04:37 PM

I dont think it's a fair comparison to a Pantera or sutphen as far as ride or comfort, your not going to spend the weekend on a Pantera or Sutphen but I'm sure they will handle rough water better than a 34 PQ. not apples to apples

BillR 04-16-2011 07:18 AM

I was NOT impressed with my '02 PQ 340 in 2'+ seas. Thought it rode terribly. Other than that - it was a comfortable boat, very well built and good overnighter.
With 496's mine would hit 78 - 79 consistently with 80 on those "just right" days.

AJ POWERPLAY 04-16-2011 12:02 PM

Bill what part of the ride didn't you like? Did it chine walk or not feel balanced or what?

noyzee 04-16-2011 02:33 PM

yea i know its not going to be like a sutphen exactly, but just wondering how it rides. bill, what was wrong with it?
how is it compaired to a 388 sling shot? thats a step boat with bad, been on one of those and thought it was pretty good.

diggin H20 04-17-2011 11:41 AM

Mine rides great in the rough stuff at LOTO. Heck of a lot better than my old 280 did.