Notices

260 Sls

Old 06-14-2011, 12:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My 257 BR has reinforcement for the single pedistal, so it would require work as stated. The seat does slide back, and is easy for me to use as a brace while standing underway. That said, it is not a bolster, no side support.

If you are looking for a family boat / perf boat mix, this is a close as you'll get IMO. I looked for a while before I bought mine, couldn't be happier.
Old 06-14-2011, 12:53 PM
Registered

Received 742 Likes on 400 Posts

Originally Posted by bert4332
Yeah I was thinking the same thing, if I would have to cut, glass in some reinforcment and then fix the floor. I'm not worried about the bench height, I would put some head rests in the hatch anyway.
There are a few running around with bolsters from the factory. There is one on our local lake that I looked at when it was new back around 2000 or so.
Old 06-16-2011, 09:22 PM
Registered

Is this the same as a 260 SX but in a bowrider configuration? I'm interested in this. Anyone live near Coopersville?

http://www.boattrader.com/listing/19...d-Sls-97373494
My friend went to look at it again today. He said the interior is shot and the gel has spider cracks in several places. He said the pictures make it look great, but it needs a lot of work.
Old 06-16-2011, 09:58 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Raizorsedge
My friend went to look at it again today. He said the interior is shot and the gel has spider cracks in several places. He said the pictures make it look great, but it needs a lot of work.
Thanx! The pics do make it look good, not to worried about the upholstery, I have a great guy down here and he's very reasonable. I could do the entire boat for about $1500. The crazing is another issue, my PQ had only a 3" spyder crack on the entire boat and it drove me nutz, I'm affraid if I have them fixed it's just going to crack again, not sure gotta get an opinion from GlassDave on that one. Did he see an hour meter? The guy I talked to on the phone said there wasn't one, I don't believe him, is that really possible from a manufacturer?
Old 06-17-2011, 01:15 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It's amazing some people will let their boat sit and deteriorate and not care
Old 06-29-2011, 08:43 AM
Registered

Long time lurker here but this thread has some interest to me. I, too, have been interested in this boat and a new job has finally made it possible for me to afford something. Sucks to hear about the decaying condition of this rig, as it is perfect for me. Big open bow that should (hopefully) be able to handle the Saginaw Bay on all but the worst of days, yet still can be trailered to Torch lake on occasion.

Now your buddy that went to look at it again and said it was shot, is this the same one who was going to buy it until the wife stepped in? How long ago was it when he first started looking at it and wanted to buy it? Is this something that SkipperBuds has let go themselves, just sitting in their lot?

I wasn't going to offer anywhere near the $25k they want anyway. I just don't see value being anything more the high teen's and that is without the damage you mentioned.
Old 06-29-2011, 07:24 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by KKoepp31
Long time lurker here but this thread has some interest to me. I, too, have been interested in this boat and a new job has finally made it possible for me to afford something. Sucks to hear about the decaying condition of this rig, as it is perfect for me. Big open bow that should (hopefully) be able to handle the Saginaw Bay on all but the worst of days, yet still can be trailered to Torch lake on occasion.

Now your buddy that went to look at it again and said it was shot, is this the same one who was going to buy it until the wife stepped in? How long ago was it when he first started looking at it and wanted to buy it? Is this something that SkipperBuds has let go themselves, just sitting in their lot?

I wasn't going to offer anywhere near the $25k they want anyway. I just don't see value being anything more the high teen's and that is without the damage you mentioned.
He said the vinyl is in pretty bad shape on the seats and sundeck. They couldn't look past the ugly colors and the lightning graphics. Somebody got sticker happy and put them all over the place. The gel has a few bad spider cracks where someone hit something. I saw it out 2 weeks ago in the Muskegon channel (someone on a sea trial)? It still had the sales decals on the hull. He basically said if he were to buy it he would have had to put way to much money into it to bring it up to his standards. He said even at 18K it still wouldn't be a real good deal. He ended up buying a really nice 2007 24' Four Winns bowrider. I could possibly have him call you to go over what he found in more detail if you'd like?
Old 06-29-2011, 07:27 PM
Registered

Thanx! The pics do make it look good, not to worried about the upholstery, I have a great guy down here and he's very reasonable. I could do the entire boat for about $1500. The crazing is another issue, my PQ had only a 3" spyder crack on the entire boat and it drove me nutz, I'm affraid if I have them fixed it's just going to crack again, not sure gotta get an opinion from GlassDave on that one. Did he see an hour meter? The guy I talked to on the phone said there wasn't one, I don't believe him, is that really possible from a manufacturer?
Believe it or not My 2000 Legend doesn't have an hour meter either
Old 06-29-2011, 08:05 PM
Registered

He said the vinyl is in pretty bad shape on the seats and sundeck. They couldn't look past the ugly colors and the lightning graphics. Somebody got sticker happy and put them all over the place. The gel has a few bad spider cracks where someone hit something. I saw it out 2 weeks ago in the Muskegon channel (someone on a sea trial)? It still had the sales decals on the hull. He basically said if he were to buy it he would have had to put way to much money into it to bring it up to his standards. He said even at 18K it still wouldn't be a real good deal. He ended up buying a really nice 2007 24' Four Winns bowrider. I could possibly have him call you to go over what he found in more detail if you'd like?
Oh wow, just sounds like someone totally let it go. The stickers aren't a big deal, so long as a razor blade and heat gun can make that problem go away. I'm not a fan of he graphic but it would probably grow on me. I drove a highly modified WRX for years, so I know about tough love and having sketchy looks grow on you. If that hull is too beat up though then I'm just not sure it is worth it. Worries me that it seems to be getting a lot of interest and nobody buying it. I'm guessing it means that it is either a piece or the dealer just won't deal on the price at all, and I'm guessing they may not if interest at least still remains high. Maybe I will will call over there and feel them out on the price and if they are willing to budge then I would like a chance to talk to your buddy about it. This would be a first boat for me. Marrying a girl this August who has been on the water her whole life and is all about it, so long as it is an open bow. Realistically speaking though, I'm thinking that boat would need to be in the $15k range to really be worth it and I can't see them dropping the price that much.
Old 06-29-2011, 10:38 PM
Registered

Well considering I'm in TX, the shipping alone is a deal killer considering the work that needs to be done. Shame

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.