290 enticer and nav lights?? >

290 enticer and nav lights??

Notices

290 enticer and nav lights??

Old 04-23-2012, 07:44 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 290 enticer and nav lights??

I have a 90 290 enticer and when we overnight i leave the nav lights on, heres the problem. when i turn the front nav light on (switch forward) the rear stern light is on as well, thats ok but in that position the instrument lights are on as well. Id rather not have the instrument lights on all nite, are all these boats wired like this? If i push the switch to the rear, only the "pole" light is on that mounts to the top of the windshield. I thought about putting in a seperate switch that powers just the front nav light and the rear stern light. How are others wired and what do others do? Do others let the instrument lights burn all nite??
Old 04-23-2012, 07:59 AM
Registered

My two PQ's have both been wired like that. I only have the stern light on when anchored at night. I believe that is why it is wired that way because the front nav lights are used when under way, not at anchor.
Old 04-23-2012, 08:02 AM
Registered

Received 217 Likes on 112 Posts

all you nead is the stern light on while anchored...front nav lights are only to be on while moving so other boats know if your coming or going..
Old 04-23-2012, 01:54 PM
Registered

maybe I wasn't clear in my post... when the switch is pushed to the rear, only the "pole" light is on. Im refering to the light that mounts to the top of the windshield, not the stern light. If i push it forward, the nav, instrument, stern and pole light is on. my pole light has two lamps in it, one forward and one rear that corrosponds to the switch, wiether its pushed forward or rear... The stern light is only on when switch is pushed forward, it comes on with all other lights. Never thought about not needing the front nav light if not underway???? Having the anchor lamp on only while overniting does make sense..
Old 04-24-2012, 09:15 AM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

As boatnt said the red/green nav lights are only supposed to be used while the boat is moving, their purpose is to show direction the boat is heading.

Anchoring requires a white light viewable from 360 degrees.
Old 04-24-2012, 12:40 PM
Registered

From the Canadian Safe Boating Guide...
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Boat Type and Length.pdf (91.5 KB, 124 views)
Old 04-25-2012, 03:48 PM
Registered

I understand the rules, thanks for the image...what im trying to find out is other boats wired like mine, my stern light only comes on when switch light is pushed forward (nav). It does not come on when switch is pushed to the rear (anchor)????
Old 04-25-2012, 10:02 PM
Registered

I want to say my 290 is wired the same but when the switch is on anchor just the masthead light stays on.... I think, I will check on that and get back with you.
Old 04-26-2012, 08:39 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by tmeyer33
I want to say my 290 is wired the same but when the switch is on anchor just the masthead light stays on.... I think, I will check on that and get back with you.
Mine too!
Old 04-28-2012, 08:00 AM
Registered

I was working on my 290 light and saw that only 1 light bulb lit up, thought it was wrong so I "fixed" it, so that both bulbs would burn when it was on, BIG mistake, The back light was too bright to drive at night. had to hold my hand over it to see the water in front of me, It was designed this way for that reason I reckon.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.