Notices

Winter Upgades, Let's Hear Them

Old 10-06-2013, 11:57 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by verbi69
What's on your agenda for the boat?
Trying to keep up with PP Jay and AJ!

I planned on buying a new boat, but things came up and I'm now unable so I will just keep what I have.
Old 10-06-2013, 01:03 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Pwraddr
Trying to keep up with PP Jay and AJ!

I planned on buying a new boat, but things came up and I'm now unable so I will just keep what I have.
So are you going to dig into the motors to keep up with the PP clan or just go with different power I guess is my question.
Old 10-07-2013, 06:59 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by verbi69
So are you going to dig into the motors to keep up with the PP clan or just go with different power I guess is my question.
Dunno yet.
Old 10-10-2013, 10:51 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like I'm gonna have to tear down the strarboard engine. Metal shavings in the oil. Hope it's just the cam like the other one.
Old 10-10-2013, 04:30 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man that sucks. It doesn't have flat tappet camshafts does it? I can't imagine that it would. Good quality roller lifters don't generally fail that often unless the valve spring pressure is crazy.
Old 10-10-2013, 05:25 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

All of that stuff was claimed to be low hour... I would be very unhappy if indeed it was misinformed info to get rid of the boat. But hey- at least when youre done you will KNOW exactly what you have... Thatll give some peace of mind
Old 10-10-2013, 08:05 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by PROWRENCH
Man that sucks. It doesn't have flat tappet camshafts does it? I can't imagine that it would. Good quality roller lifters don't generally fail that often unless the valve spring pressure is crazy.
Yep flat tappet. Smoked the cam in the port engine third time out. Probably swap both out to rollers if thats what i find.
Old 10-10-2013, 08:10 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ajfisher
All of that stuff was claimed to be low hour... I would be very unhappy if indeed it was misinformed info to get rid of the boat. But hey- at least when youre done you will KNOW exactly what you have... Thatll give some peace of mind
I dont think he misinformed. Im assuming its a cam. Pretty common for these engines around the hours that are on em. Like you said at least ill know.
Old 10-10-2013, 08:17 PM
Registered

Ill get her fixed up and ready to rip. AJ get yours together so ive got some competition next summer.
Old 10-10-2013, 08:18 PM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 11 Posts

Working with Full Throttle Marine to rebuild my 377s to a pretty exciting 383 build on my Dominator. Having my outdrives repainted. New trailer tires, fix the left tail light, and if the funds allow I'd love to go EoH brakes. Navigation system.

The plan is to be ready for next year's Texas Outlaw Shootout and then a LOTO trip.

I was planning on doing LEDs inside the boat, but then the engines had other plans for my money.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.