Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Powerquest
260 Legend 496 HO Supercharged? >

260 Legend 496 HO Supercharged?

Notices

260 Legend 496 HO Supercharged?

Old 06-11-2014, 06:42 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would seriously save your $$$$, that hull is NOT meant for speed, it's meant to do everything really well, but not great. There have been a few who tried putting big power in, and in the end, not worth the cash. I like you thought about it when I had my 260, but after talking to owners who've tried, I didn't do it. Unless you have some obsession and $$$ to burn I would pass. Take the cash you would use to beef up the motor, sell the 260 and buy something that is stock and can get you the speeds that you want. That's what I did and I did the right thing. You're going to spend a good chunk putting it together, and with any other project motor, up keep is going to cost you also. Good Luck whatever you decide to do, and I concur, if you're gonna do it, Eddie is THE man and he's close!!!
Old 06-12-2014, 03:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I put a 522, in mine 535hp 570...best I've seen is 66 and then I crapped myself, hull no likey