Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Powerquest
389 avenger top speed improvement >

389 avenger top speed improvement

Notices

389 avenger top speed improvement

Old 07-26-2016, 09:14 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not sure what they are "selling" for. Those were asking prices. I know i purchased boat this year and bank priced it at almost 90k.. i have the documentation that they presented me for proof. I mean its an 03 with 109 hours.. in amazing condition.. heck the trailer is prolly worth 8-10k... like i said i would inly consider selling it if i decide speed is more important.. if i could just hit 80 i could live with that.. but speed means eniough to me to where i would consider. Let me know if link i sent above doesnt work
Old 07-26-2016, 09:26 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 46 Likes on 23 Posts

I was in your situation 2 boats ago. You have to decide if you can live with the boat you have or modify it. A few MPH means zero to your passengers, its all for you. Decide what is the wisest use of your $ and your time. As far as selling your boat, the market is hard to read. My advice is take the emotion out of it, look at the hard "real" numbers, and price it as a serious seller so you attract a serious buyer.
Old 07-26-2016, 09:41 AM
Registered

Voodoo rob thanks for your advice. U are exactly right about my friends and wife could care less. I care, its abiut me on this topic... well it seems like i would have to do work that could cause some unreliability to hit the numbers i want. I just wish i could fet 5 mph without digging into them.... if i decide to sell, i would hope low 80 wouldnt be too wild of a number.. with the low hours and additional 20k paintjob uograde from factory etc. We are all bias of our boats but it is one of the nicest boats ive seen in wster.. ive seen some nasty boats on trailer tho.. for sure
Old 07-26-2016, 10:04 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 46 Likes on 23 Posts

If you decide to sell consider a broker. I never used a broker in my life to sell anything but a house. I recently learned that you need someone to critique your boat for what it is, have the ability to finance and take trades, and the net they can cast will be much larger than yours. The trade off is commissions. Your price point is something to consider that most people will not be able to pay cash or may not want to pay cash/ cashiers check/bank check to a private party they have never met. This is not the rule of thumb of course, but will help you to sell faster. I used Greg at Shogren and sold our old boat very quickly, I tried it on my own the year before and no dice because I couldn't finance or take trades.
Old 07-26-2016, 10:08 AM
Registered

Shogren is where this boat came from. Original owner bought it. Said not fast enough and bought some crazy 47 fountain with 3 big motors for like 700k. I should contact him
Old 07-26-2016, 04:23 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

In my experience, these boats are hard to move. My boat had new paint, new interior, new manning aluminum trailer, new covers, new stereo, etc... and the number that I ended up taking would make you puke. But I just wanted it gone. Had tons of offers, but when things got serious, most of them couldn't get a loan because of the age of the boat (2000) or had no down payment. If you get a solid offer, I would sell it and move up to something that is faster, trust me, you'll never be happy with it. And getting that boat to 80 or above is going to be expensive. I also did the bblades thing, didn't gain any speed. just my .02
Old 07-27-2016, 06:49 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sell the HO's and power up if you are serious about making a 380 move. Some 525's would be nice but not necessary. HP500 carbs would get you to 80 likely. That's too much to ask of 496 HOs. you could blueprint the lowers and see if that gets you anything but that's 4k you could have added to the price you sold your HO's for to buy bigger power. If you ever want to sell it, stay with Merc power. Non-merc power in a 380 will detonate the resale value.
Old 07-27-2016, 09:26 PM
Registered

I agree to stick woth merc if going to sell. Ive been talking to greg at shogren performance marine. And he is trying to get me a real value of my boat since such low hours.. i wont give it away. He has a 39 superv nortech with 8o0 zul's.. they just got rebuilt but we are talking 135k... with 250 hours... decisions decisions..
Old 07-29-2016, 06:53 PM
Registered

Received 234 Likes on 81 Posts

I still want to know how you're getting 76 out of it. All of the 380's with 496's that I've heard of usually run 72 or so.
Old 07-30-2016, 09:17 AM
Registered

With all the research ive done before i bought boat, im not sure either.... and the previous owner said hes had it faster than that... but the boat gps and a handheld gps cant be wrong... i see 74 everytime i take it out. Raced a 27 fountain the other day and he either has a 502 or 500 merc . Either way atleast a 72mph boat... and i crawled by him.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.